Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st March 2019, 19.51:53   #10-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Top goalscorers

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Said it all season we have over achieved with the players we had through sheer hard work and good management by Ricketts, which won't be a popular comment but doesn't make it any less true.

Were it not for slops turning his head I honestly believe we'd have won it as he would've recruited better in Jan.

The board were then presented with a situation that wasnt of their own making but then admittedly cocked up big time.
Posted via mobile theme
Think thats a fair point. Bar the Solihull and Salford games we've been going backwards since he left and we are in free fall at the moment. FFS Ebbsfleet didn't even warm up and they put three past us first half.
Old 31st March 2019, 19.57:31   #11-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

When you stop and have a think about our forward line, it's beyond a joke.
Old 31st March 2019, 19.59:11   #12-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
I have no doubt we would have won the league if Ricketts had stayed. I also think we would have been very competitive in last years playoffs had Keates stayed. I hope the club conduct exit interviews.
Ricketts may have been arrogant and in it for himself but he had the drive and a steely determination, I don’t think he’d have let such complacency set into this squad. We’d have been competitive until the end. On the touch line he never stopped organising the side, he would shout his head off for most of the game. I’ve not seen Hughes or Barrow do any of that. Darlington shouts the odd thing now and again but that’s it.
Old 1st April 2019, 08.03:32   #13-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: on a seat

all the money thats been wasted on these so called players, who have turned out to be crap. you could have pulled three lads out of the crowd and they would have given a better display than what weve been witnessing
Old 1st April 2019, 08.11:21   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Freezing out Fondop was a poor decision in my view, yes he was inconsistent but he would've been in double figures by now. I still see a future for him here assuming we don't go up.
Posted via mobile theme
Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I agree, a confidence player who when was up for it at the start of the season was unplayable. His head dropped and he lost form and hasn't had a chance a to regain confidence (bar the Boston game in shocking conditions).

Him up top of a front three with Beavon/Rutherford/Holroyd etc etc etc out wide of him would have yielded far more goals then we have managed without him.

He could still make it here if he's given time and patience, remember Pogba.
Old 1st April 2019, 11.03:45   #15-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
FOG if you look back at some of our results especially when we dropped points and add in a striker who could score 10-15 goals we would be top. Thats not a massive ask
To be fair, it seems that its not necessarily the strikeforce that's the issue, but more the midfield and our style of play.
Old 1st April 2019, 11.10:37   #16-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
To be fair, it seems that its not necessarily the strikeforce that's the issue, but more the midfield and our style of play.
The Boden Principle.
Old 1st April 2019, 11.54:22   #17-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
It's weird, because last year I'd have said we were more negative attacking-wise and Holroyd managed to get a somewhat respectable 13 goals for the season to be our top scorer, and he spent half a season playing out of position on the left hand side to accomodate Quigley and Boden.
Old 1st April 2019, 11.59:44   #18-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Remember last and this season some experts saying 1-0 wins is the way to go and when told the teams that win the league score lots wouldn't have it.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.00:41.