RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Top goalscorers (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113703-top-goalscorers.html)

Lods 31st March 2019 18.24:47

Top goalscorers

A lot has been said about our goalscoring, or more accurately lack thereof.

So, to start off, I'll say that, as of the Ebbsfleet game, we have three joint top scorers in the league - and one of them is Shaun Pearson.

The two goals at Ebbsfleet were both Beavon's and Pearson's 5th league goal of the season respectively, putting them level with Mike Fondop - who has spent half the season on loan, and a good chunk of the half he was here not getting gametime.

In case anyone was curious about the tallies in all competitions, Beavon and Fondop are equal with 6 (Beavon scoring in the Weston-Super-Mare FA Cup match and Fondop scoring in the FA Trophy match vs. Boston United)

I've never known a team whose joint-top goalscorer was their centre-half, let alone a play-off chasing team.

I suppose a good follow up question would be to predict who will end up as our top scorer, and ask has there ever been a time where a defender has been a club's top goalscorer in a season?

dixienormous 31st March 2019 18.59:30

Re: Top goalscorers

#jokeclub

Funny_Old_Game 31st March 2019 19.18:36

It’s a complete miracle we are where we are when you think about it.

NottsRed 31st March 2019 19.36:46

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2245206]It’s a complete miracle we are where we are when you think about it.[/QUOTE]

FOG if you look back at some of our results especially when we dropped points and add in a striker who could score 10-15 goals we would be top. Thats not a massive ask

benwilliams 31st March 2019 19.42:44

Said it all season we have over achieved with the players we had through sheer hard work and good management by Ricketts, which won't be a popular comment but doesn't make it any less true.

Were it not for slops turning his head I honestly believe we'd have won it as he would've recruited better in Jan.

The board were then presented with a situation that wasnt of their own making but then admittedly cocked up big time.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

ABd 31st March 2019 19.44:27

I thought it was bad in 13/14 when Johnny Hunt was our top scorer in the league with 11 goals.

Would kill for double figures now.

OneLoveWrexham 31st March 2019 19.45:24

[QUOTE=ABd;2245220]I thought it was bad in 13/14 when Johnny Hunt was our top scorer in the league with 11 goals.

Would kill for double figures now.[/QUOTE]
Said all along we’d miss his goals.....

Haruki 31st March 2019 19.45:32

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2245218]Said it all season we have over achieved with the players we had through sheer hard work and good management by Ricketts, which won't be a popular comment but doesn't make it any less true.

Were it not for slops turning his head I honestly believe we'd have won it as he would've recruited better in Jan.

The board were then presented with a situation that wasnt of their own making but then admittedly cocked up big time.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I have no doubt we would have won the league if Ricketts had stayed. I also think we would have been very competitive in last years playoffs had Keates stayed. I hope the club conduct exit interviews.

benwilliams 31st March 2019 19.45:42

Freezing out Fondop was a poor decision in my view, yes he was inconsistent but he would've been in double figures by now. I still see a future for him here assuming we don't go up.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.27:05.