Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd April 2019, 12.17:35   #37-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Braintree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I will be there more out of habit than expectation of a good game.

I have a feeling the crowd will be just under 4000 depending on the weather if wet and miserable some might not bother

I predict a 1-0 win more out of hope than anything, but would not be surprised if we lose because Hughes is totally out of his depth just like the board who appointed him.

I feel it's Hughes that has caused this bad run since Leyton Orient away he has been tinkering every game you do this pre-season not with a few games to go and what he has no doubt done is lost the dressing room with his constant changing, their is no leader management wise, no leader in the dressing room and no leadership on the pitch even Pearson seems to be losing his grip.

When you have a manager who doesn't know his best starting 11 and doesn’t have much idea then it's inevitable why we are bottom of the league form wise.

I think players have sussed him out and are not trying for him.
Posted via mobile theme
Problem is like you say Hughes is out of his depth. If on Saturday he starts with the same line up we ended with up with second half against Ebbsfleet and goes for it to try and get us a convincing win then fair enough. 3 points should be enough I think to pretty much guarantee a play off spot.

My issue is will he do this or will Darlington say something else and Flynn chip in with something different?
Old 3rd April 2019, 12.21:59   #38-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Actually BH says we have to concentrate on securing a play off spot and then build from there. Two more wins should get us there then who knows.
Old 3rd April 2019, 12.23:33   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
The bad runs we have had (January and now) have pretty much coincided with Walker's absence.
It surely isn't a coincidence that the defence has looked shaky in the games he hasn't played and we have looked clueless going forwards.
We might not have noticed it at the time but it appears to me (and it is my opinion) that Walker was the key to our success.
Not replacing Walker with a player of similar ability and style has cost us the title, and most likely the top 3.

Just my opinion.
You forgot the creative midfielder and the strikers is the real reason we are not going to win the title.
Old 3rd April 2019, 12.36:36   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend

0 2 We wont win another game.
Old 3rd April 2019, 13.02:12   #41-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
If players truly aren’t trying for the manager, they also aren’t trying for themselves, the club and especially the fans. We should neither want nor need those types.

More importantly, they need to put behind them the recent run, beat relegated Braintree, and string 7 or 8 wins together. Long given up on seeing attractive football, but not yet given up on successful football.

Wxm 36 Bra DD after a fiddly start!
Totally agree with your sentiments but personally don't feel they are not trying, well not the ones who have been here all season, not sure about some recent acquisitions.

I do feel morale is very low though and this, caused by and coupled with the incessant tinkering by a man who is clearly out of his depth is leading to lack of confidence and organization on the pitch. Plus, I don't personally believe we were that good to start with and the loss of Walker has been like taking a plug out of a bath.
Old 3rd April 2019, 13.09:29   #42-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggle View Post
Totally agree with your sentiments but personally don't feel they are not trying, well not the ones who have been here all season, not sure about some recent acquisitions.

I do feel morale is very low though and this, caused by and coupled with the incessant tinkering by a man who is clearly out of his depth is leading to lack of confidence and organization on the pitch. Plus, I don't personally believe we were that good to start with and the loss of Walker has been like taking a plug out of a bath.
Been saying for a number of weeks that it's the loss of Walker that's cost us.

He did the the unspectacular role of breaking up play then delivering a simple ball.

He's gone and the opposition are having a field day in the hole he's left.

Before Walker, Summerfield did a similar job but not quite as well.

Without either of these 2 we can forget winning the play off's
Old 3rd April 2019, 13.46:25   #43-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

This could be one of the biggest wins for the season. Will be the springboard for a play off drive which results in Promotion !!!

Yours, forever the optimist.

note: This post will be resurrected at the end of the season to show all you doom and gloomers that optimism wins out.
Old 3rd April 2019, 14.01:01   #44-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
This could be one of the biggest wins for the season. Will be the springboard for a play off drive which results in Promotion !!!

note: This post will be resurrected at the end of the season to show all you doom and gloomers that optimism wins out.
Spice?
Old 3rd April 2019, 14.06:43   #45-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post

I hope you're right
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.38:20.