Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th April 2019, 13.32:42   #127-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dean Keates Sacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
BH needs to be ruthless this summer.
I hope he doesn't indulge average or poor players that have shown they aren't up to it like some fans do on here.

My P45 list:
Rutherford
Akil Wright
Beavon
Grant
Holroyd
Stockton
Deverdics
McGlashan
Roberts
Bingo!

Of all those on the list, I would say ND is nailed on. I forget he is still here sometimes.

Wright and Rutherford will get you alot of stick, but if you want to be a top side you need better players in those positions. Simple.
Old 9th April 2019, 13.38:30   #128-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
Deverdics and Roberts would be top of mine. Both have been offered very little and that's being kind.

I do agree with Phil's list on the whole, although there's a couple I'd be 50/50 on. In a squad of 20, assuming 2 keepers, 7 defenders, 7 midfielders and 4 forwards, I'd be content for Holroyd to be the 4th choice striker and Rutherford to be the 7th choice midfielder.

The trouble is if we kept Rutherford on, I get the feeling he would continue to start as opposed to being a backup and he's clearly not good enough to start for a promotion chasing team. He was actually half decent for a spell at the start of the season when we used him in a more defensive midfield role basically doing the 'donkey work' but it's undeniable that he's pretty hopeless in a more forward position.

On that basis, I'd probably edge towards cutting the cord, although we obviously don't have the budget for 20 players good enough to start regularly for a promotion chasing team, so some backups are essential, we just need to get the balance sorted.

My big hope for 19/20 is that we get the starting 11 nailed down before the start of the season. The Fondop situation has been farcical, don't rely on signing a semi-decent striker mid-season to bail out the failed cheap option, focus on the highest quality as early as possible, and let the filler come later. The amount of mid-season transfer activity we've had this year is unbelievable. A couple of loans to cover injuries is to be expected but this year it's felt like we've been changing things constantly.

I also have a horrible feeling that Pearson is going to request a transfer this summer. If neither us nor Salford went up, I could see them offering him silly money. I know everything about him screams 'old school loyal footballer' but I just have a bad feeling, increased by the rumours that him and Hughes don't see eye to eye.
You talked yourself out of retaining Rutherford there.

Agree with pretty much all of this. The only one on the list I'd not be fussed if we kept is Holroyd as he is proven conference player that can get you 10 goals plus a season.

This is the second time I've heard the rumours about Pearson and Hughes not getting on. I don't think Pearson will be on Salfords radar personally as they will want younger players I'd imagine.

The Fondop situation is baffling. We signed him as the main striker, he gets a great start then the goals dry up and he's bombed completely. Must be more to it as other strikers here have been worse than he was and are still playing. More bizarre is that he was identified as one to develop so you'd think some degree of patience would be shown with him.

The use of the loan system leaves a lot to be desired and that's being kind. We need to get in early and sign some proven quality in midfield and one marquee striker signing. Even if that's just to keep Dixienormous quiet over the summer
Old 9th April 2019, 13.50:47   #129-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Bingo!

Of all those on the list, I would say ND is nailed on. I forget he is still here sometimes.

Wright and Rutherford will get you alot of stick, but if you want to be a top side you need better players in those positions. Simple.
Anyone wanting to keep Rutherford has been totally fooled by a lot of running and 'work rate'. Whilst his effort is admirable its simply not enough.

As for Akil Wright, well to be blunt I've had enough of him going missing for large periods of the game, not being able to control the ball and missing chance after chance, some inexplicable. He's not young enough to give more time to so he has to go.
Old 9th April 2019, 14.35:20   #130-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Is everyone forgetting about Leo Smith? Clearly he isn't rated as being good enough so needs to be released
Old 9th April 2019, 14.38:17   #131-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Bingo!

If we released Wright and Rutherford, ask yourself of the likes of Fylde and Salford, other play off chasing teams in our division would sign them? the answer is of course no they wouldn't.

The other name i would question is Luke Young. I thought he was a great signing at the time but i can't remember one game where he has dominated midfield and ran a game for us. I also imagine he isn't cheap seeing as he moved the length of the country to come here so there should be better available at his price
Old 9th April 2019, 14.43:40   #132-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
If we released Wright and Rutherford, ask yourself of the likes of Fylde and Salford, other play off chasing teams in our division would sign them? the answer is of course no they wouldn't.

The other name i would question is Luke Young. I thought he was a great signing at the time but i can't remember one game where he has dominated midfield and ran a game for us. I also imagine he isn't cheap seeing as he moved the length of the country to come here so there should be better available at his price
How many players from Fylde would we take? Seen them a few times this season and can't say more than 2/3 have stood out - how many from Solihull? It's easy to say but you need a squad and you are talking about players who have been regulars all season for a team who are currently fourth, so if they are that bad that no one top 6 team would fancy them, how are we 4th? Because they've played consistently for us?

As for Young, thought he was fantastic Saturday and to be honest I am always surprised when he isn't in the starting 11.
Old 9th April 2019, 14.45:19   #133-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Surely Carrington can’t be given another year?!
Old 9th April 2019, 14.53:43   #134-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

My release list.

Rutherford
Wright
Roberts
Summerfield
Deverdics
Fondop
Smith (not Manny the forgotten one)
And let all the loanees wave goodbye.
Although Augustien I've not seen play so withhold judgement on if he should be offered another short term contract.

I've also heard Pearson and Hughes don't get on, infact I've heard a few players think Hughes is an idiot but how true all this is i don't know, although especially Pearson heard from a few people. I guess Pearson thinks he is outside or his depth, I suspect the chopping and changing game after game has some bearing on it.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 9th April 2019 at 14.58:49..
Old 9th April 2019, 15.02:41   #135-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKSE View Post
How many players from Fylde would we take? Seen them a few times this season and can't say more than 2/3 have stood out - how many from Solihull? It's easy to say but you need a squad and you are talking about players who have been regulars all season for a team who are currently fourth, so if they are that bad that no one top 6 team would fancy them, how are we 4th? Because they've played consistently for us?

As for Young, thought he was fantastic Saturday and to be honest I am always surprised when he isn't in the starting 11.
Good points well made.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.23:53.