Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th April 2019, 05.50:23   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dean Keates Sacked

Revelling in someone losing their job is not for me and itís not just DK itís his back room staff. I think he will have to look at national league south and try again. Was a great player for us and ,as a manager, somehow got us to the top of the league though his negative style still haunts us now.
Old 7th April 2019, 07.27:05   #42-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

I have no issues with him leaving us but he's not welcome back. It happens in football. We sack managers, managers leave us. We release players and players leave us. It's football. However, given the position he got us to, perhaps we could have been afforded a bit of time by Keates. I get that Walsall are his team but given how football works, the job would've been available again in a year or two's time.

It's not for me to criticism someone's career moves and ambition but football is a different business. As I say, I won't welcome him back at wrexham.
Old 7th April 2019, 07.30:54   #43-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

serves him right , no pity for him
Old 7th April 2019, 07.39:08   #44-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @Taffi_Tastic

Keates....

the man who cant finish a job....

didnt finish his job with us with 5-6 games to go....

didnt finish his job with walsall with 5-6 games to go...

probably will end up at tamworth, telford or alike
Old 7th April 2019, 07.40:17   #45-0 (permalink)
Legend

Twitter: @Taffi_Tastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I have no issues with him leaving us but he's not welcome back. It happens in football. We sack managers, managers leave us. We release players and players leave us. It's football. However, given the position he got us to, perhaps we could have been afforded a bit of time by Keates. I get that Walsall are his team but given how football works, the job would've been available again in a year or two's time.

It's not for me to criticism someone's career moves and ambition but football is a different business. As I say, I won't welcome him back at wrexham.
this in a nutshell for me also as a whole
Old 7th April 2019, 08.35:26   #46-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @Redinsaudi1

Shame. Nice bloke and a decent servant to our club. Also canít blame him for going to his home club. I wouldnít have appointed him here either though, dire football to watch and constantly moaning at the officials.
Old 7th April 2019, 09.30:49   #47-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

I'd happily have Keates back at some point in the future. He left to go to his boyhood club playing two levels above us. It didn't work out for him, but anybody that begrudges him doing it is clueless.

Just don't bring Andy Davies with you please.
Old 7th April 2019, 09.40:07   #48-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenbighRed View Post
I'd happily have Keates back at some point in the future. He left to go to his boyhood club playing two levels above us. It didn't work out for him, but anybody that begrudges him doing it is clueless.

Just don't bring Andy Davies with you please.
I don't begrudge him but the consequences are he's not welcome here any longer! I'm sure he'd have left his boyhood club had another team come in for him this summer a league higher and why not.

We can blame Davies, Barrow, Hughes but what's killing us is these managers leaving us when they have a few decent results.
Old 7th April 2019, 09.40:29   #49-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: I stood at the Maesgwyn rd. end

He was a good player, but not a good manager. Stay away from Wrexham AFC. your not welcome here any more.
Old 7th April 2019, 09.52:35   #50-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

He took a gamble and itís backfired. Unlucky for him but heíll need to rebuild back at the lower leagues, no chance will he get another League job. Maybe an assistant manager role is more his thing.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.08:35.