Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th April 2019, 07.07:14   #64-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ben tollit

He’s far and away a bigger goal threat than anyone we have here and agree if he was here all season we would probably be 8/10 points better off . This season damage was done January .This year was easily the best opportunity to get out this league but we’re stuck here while we have zero ambition.
Old 10th April 2019, 08.02:33   #65-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL2244 View Post
I’ve heard our end he’s a Wrexham player next year.

Cannot see Micky keeping him on currently. He’s a cracking player when fully fit but fortunately (for us) we’ve recruited in January and will continue to strengthen in the summer. Toll staying at Tranmere will damage his career massively because he just won’t get near the current 16 on a match day and that’s just the reality of it, so I’m not surprised he’s been seen at Wrexham.

He’ll be working hard now, through the summer and with a strong pre-season under his belt, you’re looking at potentially the best player in the National League.

I know you have other plans! He will do a job for you in League 2, and I’m sure it’ll be about stabilising your position within the EFL should you get up.

Good luck Wrexham!
Would be a big improvement if he does sign. We also need another 8 equivalent signings before we would have an entertaining and effective promotion-winning team.
Old 10th April 2019, 08.32:08   #66-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda23 View Post
Can't you just cancel his contract and he can join us as a free agent, pretty please?
Wouldn't make any difference if they cancelled his contract now, we still couldn't sign him to play this season.
Old 10th April 2019, 11.17:49   #67-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
He’s far and away a bigger goal threat than anyone we have here and agree if he was here all season we would probably be 8/10 points better off . This season damage was done January .This year was easily the best opportunity to get out this league but we’re stuck here while we have zero ambition.
If we don't go up I think we have a good chance next season especially if Salford and Orient go up. The if and its a massive If we can get Tollit and two decent midfielders + one striker like Cheek I think we would have a very good chance. Oh that and holding onto a manger for the full season and key players like Pearson.

We also need to be utterly ruthless with players who aren't cutting it when it comes to the end of the season.
Old 10th April 2019, 12.47:43   #68-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
If we don't go up I think we have a good chance next season especially if Salford and Orient go up. The if and its a massive If we can get Tollit and two decent midfielders + one striker like Cheek I think we would have a very good chance. Oh that and holding onto a manger for the full season and key players like Pearson.

We also need to be utterly ruthless with players who aren't cutting it when it comes to the end of the season.
1 forward like cheek isnt going to solve our problems.
We need a new front 3, if Tollitt is one of them then we need 2 more plus a 4th as cover (likely to be a loanee).

Midfield is even more crucial and we need 2 CMs in addition to Young.
Be great to get a Jon Nolan type player. I still wonder how the likes of Evans got a game before him. Madness.
Old 10th April 2019, 12.54:13   #69-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Will be a good signing - but only if supported by a signifcantly improved midfield - put simply.
Sort out a quality team of regular starters plus 5 or 6 strong quad players.
This season has proven to be an opportunity to win the league , possibly and probably wasted, we better get things sorted out pre season, if we are in this league again.
I can't take much more of this !!
Old 10th April 2019, 18.17:18   #70-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Look at goals scored and even shots on target. We dont have the right players for 433. Rutherford and Beavon could play in any position and would struggle to score. How many goals from midfield, do we pass through the midfield?

Wrap it whichever way you want but we have to have a better spine of the team plus a couple of interchangeable players who can score.
Goals scored and shots on target have nothing to do with formation. A formation is simply something to generalise what areas those players will likely play in and even then it doesn't always paint the correct picture. No matter what formation we play things aren't going to improve simply because our shape looks different on paper.

It would be interesting to see heat maps of the average position of the players in the matches, but unfortunately it's extremely difficult to find any content for the National League. I think this would likely show that our attacking players are left isolated and that the gap between midfield and attack is too big. Which leads to riskier passes which have a higher chance of either being intercepted or not reaching their targets, the attackers being easier to mark and too much ground to make up for the midfield to support the attack. There is a lot wrong at the moment that needs fully analysing and fixing. Hopefully Hughes takes advantage of all the tools technology has brought to football and can identify areas to refine and rework.
Old 10th April 2019, 22.05:11   #71-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cress View Post
Goals scored and shots on target have nothing to do with formation. A formation is simply something to generalise what areas those players will likely play in and even then it doesn't always paint the correct picture. No matter what formation we play things aren't going to improve simply because our shape looks different on paper.

It would be interesting to see heat maps of the average position of the players in the matches, but unfortunately it's extremely difficult to find any content for the National League. I think this would likely show that our attacking players are left isolated and that the gap between midfield and attack is too big. Which leads to riskier passes which have a higher chance of either being intercepted or not reaching their targets, the attackers being easier to mark and too much ground to make up for the midfield to support the attack. There is a lot wrong at the moment that needs fully analysing and fixing. Hopefully Hughes takes advantage of all the tools technology has brought to football and can identify areas to refine and rework.
Since beginning 17/18 season Wedgbury and then Walker have been virtually 5th defenders.Big gaps then between midfield and attack, and with exception of Tollitt no pace either,no surprise we struggle to create chances. Ricketts to be fair had identified the lack of pace by signing JMD and Pyke who both had pace.Pity both loans did not work out as would have helped now We also understand now why Ricketts left out Wright too in September-on a different level to Barrow and Hughes.
Old 11th April 2019, 13.24:54   #72-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Since beginning 17/18 season Wedgbury and then Walker have been virtually 5th defenders.Big gaps then between midfield and attack, and with exception of Tollitt no pace either,no surprise we struggle to create chances. Ricketts to be fair had identified the lack of pace by signing JMD and Pyke who both had pace.Pity both loans did not work out as would have helped now We also understand now why Ricketts left out Wright too in September-on a different level to Barrow and Hughes.
We also had the other loan signing Hines??? who was allegedly a pacey player but never got chance to play for whatever reason.

Next season with signings we cannot be risking another Fondop situation again. At least with Tollit we've seen what he can do at this level and by the sounds of it he wants to come here. Proven experience that's what we need not a wild card with no fulltime experience as our front line striker.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.06:09.