RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Player ratings: Braintree Town (H) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113724-player-ratings-braintree-town-h.html)

Lods 6th April 2019 19.03:13

Player ratings: Braintree Town (H)

Figured I'd do this.

Lainton: 6 - Kicking was better than usual, average day in the office apart from the goal which he couldn't really be blamed for.
Roberts: 5 - First half wasn't great but I felt he improved in the 2nd, an average 5 for a game of two halves for him I think is fair.
Lawlor: N/A - Not fair to rate, barely played 20 minutes before his injury.
Pearson: 7 - Sponsor's MOTM and I'd have to agree. Got a goal (top scorer now) and lead the defensive line well for the most part.
Carrington: 6 - Solid performance from Mr. Consistent. Barely put a foot wrong all game but didn't set it alight either.
Young: 7 - Great delivery from set plays all day and ran like he was Tiger Roll. Barely misses out on MOTM for me.
Wright: 6 - Much like Roberts, he'll have fonder memories of the 2nd half than the first. Got a goal, too - a well taken header - which pushes him to a 6 for me.
Rutherford: 5 - Effort was there but the old Rutherford cliche of no end product.
Grant: 6 - Goal pushes him to above average. Had some good moments, had some bad. Gets a 10 if the bicycle kick goes in.
Holroyd: 5.5 - Usually try to refrain from half-marks but am struggling with 5 or 6. Striker's instinct cost us a 4th, although the game was put to bed by then.
Beavon: 7 - Worked very hard and gave the defenders a lot to deal with. Got a very deserved ovation when he was substituted.

SUBS:
Kennedy: 6 - At fault for their goal, I thought, but other than that had a decent game.
Oswell: 6 - Made an impact when he came on. Had a goal took from him through no fault of his own.
Jennings: N/A - Not on long enough to rate.

Overall, I think the 2nd half is the best we've played since we lost to Orient, however it's definitely not time to celebrate the end of the bad times just yet - Braintree are relegated this season for a reason.

pagl 6th April 2019 19.14:16

Re: Player ratings: Braintree Town (H)

Prob about right Lods with Pearson, Young and Beavon all credible performances.
The rest 5s for effort but not much else for skill and a team that will have to be ripped apart again come end of season. We need a blend of experience with up and coming talent and we should now be scouting round compiling a shopping list.

benwilliams 6th April 2019 19.22:42

[QUOTE=pagl;2246882]Prob about right Lods with Pearson, Young and Beavon all credible performances.
The rest 5s for effort but not much else for skill and a team that will have to be ripped apart again come end of season. We need a blend of experience with up and coming talent and we should now be scouting round compiling a shopping list.[/QUOTE]

If we are in this division then I think we potentially have a decent core to build around in:

Lainton, Dibble, Jennings, Pearson, Lawlor, Manny, Kennedy, Young, Wright, Oswell

If we are in L2 by some miracle then that list is probably shortened to:

Lainton, Pearson, Manny, Lawlor, young
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

benwilliams 6th April 2019 19.23:31

Probably add Carrington too for another season in National league

Loughboroughred 6th April 2019 19.54:07

Rob Lainton - 6
Kevin Roberts - 5.5
Shaun Pearson - 7
Jake Lawlor - 6
Mark Carrington - 5
Luke Young - 8 (MOM)
Akil Wright - 5.5
Paul Rutherford - 6
Stuart Beavon - 7
Bobby Grant -6
Chris Holroyd - 6.5

Rob Edwards 6th April 2019 19.54:58

I think today unfortunately highlighted that in addition to the issues in relation to Grant and Rutherford that Akil Wright really struggles to pass a ball and Holroyd is not the player he was last season.Glad that Grant scored but he missed 2 sitters, but still closer than Wright's effort at start of second half.Rutherford tried but end product was not there once again-with him it is ability sadly not effort,just not a top half conference player.
On a positive probably only 3 points away from guaranteed play off places,but Solihull and Fylde second halves have made top 3 very much a long shot,before you ev4n consider our recent form.

Loughboroughred 6th April 2019 19.55:05

[QUOTE=Loughboroughred;2246904]Rob Lainton - 6
Kevin Roberts - 5.5
Shaun Pearson - 7
Jake Lawlor - 6
Mark Carrington - 5
Luke Young - 8 (MOM)
Akil Wright - 5.5
Paul Rutherford - 6
Stuart Beavon - 7
Bobby Grant -6
Chris Holroyd - 6.5[/QUOTE]

Jason Oswell - 6
Kieran Kennedy - 6
James Jennings - 6

WREX777 6th April 2019 20.00:28

Hard to give ratings given that they were playing Braintree under 16s.

But suffice to say that without Pearson’s presence and Young’s distribution , we would have struggled. This team is a million miles away from being ready for the step up.

krux 6th April 2019 20.01:18

Laintom 5 clanger for their goal
Roberts 6 fine, but looks as ifnhe is going through the motions a bit
Kennedy 6 fine
Pearson 8 would have been 1-1 without him on the pitch
Carrington 6 fine apart from the usual right footed at LB problem
Young 7 some good stuff but some errors from trying to hard
Wright 6 woeful on the deck but nodded in again. Extra points for the goal!
Ruthers 3 awful
Grant 7 good first half quieter second
Beavon 6 usual late jump flicks, but not much else
Holroyd 7 thought he glued a lot of our attacks together

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.31:46.