Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th April 2019, 08.48:18   #28-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Reserve Team....Do we need one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy buckley View Post
Better than sitting in the stands or on the bench watching.
Exactly. I doubt we've impressed the many of the clubs we've loaned players from, not given them a sniff of a chance, left to rot then sent them back.

I wonder if the appalling and wreck less use of loans will be addressed at the club?
Old 9th April 2019, 09.27:05   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

I believe we would benefit from having a reserve team playing in a competitive league - as has been said, this would comprise of young players/squad players/ trialists?/those coming back from injuries etc.
If a player shows outstanding form in a reserve match then they should be considered for a first team start - keeps everyone on their toes.

I appreciate it would cost money but if run properly and given encouragement and respect it should benefit us ,and save money, in the long run.
Old 9th April 2019, 09.51:53   #30-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

It would be a huge benefit for sure, having players playing competitive football if they are younger players coming through, players not currently making the first team or players coming back from injury. However, it is probably a non-starter due to the cost as previous posts have mentioned (travel, accommodation etc).
Old 9th April 2019, 10.14:11   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

We generally agree that having a reserve team would be beneficial, but that costs would be prohibitive. Everything we do in life boils down to money, yet we have good income streams (home attendances), so why can’t we make it work? I plan to attend the big AGM on Thursday night - let’s truly see what’s in the coffers.
We always had a reserve team in the 1960’s, when I started watching the club. Yet we had a modest ground and a butcher, Baker and candlestick maker on the board. Not vast amounts of cash floating around then either!
Old 9th April 2019, 11.07:09   #32-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Salford City U21s play in the North West U21 League along with FCUM and others, next season Tranmere and Macclesfield also have teams in it. It allows 3 overage players per game. Link to the players who are registered to Salfords squad below.

Salford City

Costs to run a team aren't massive, standard is decent in the Premier League.
Old 11th April 2019, 21.37:32   #33-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Wrexham Reserves used to play in the Cheshire League in the 50s and 60s along with other reserve teams like Chester, Crewe, Stockport County, Tranmere Rovers etc. playing Altrincham, Macclesfield, Northwich Victoria, Witton Albion, Hyde United during that era. Reserve teams then included some good part time professionals or even amateurs.
Wrexham A and in some seasons a Wrexham B team played in the Welsh National League, Wrexham area, during this period while Chester A played in the West Cheshire League.
Nowadays both English and Welsh FAs have a pyramid system which quite rightly, rules out reserve teams.
Personally, I favour a reserve team playing arranged friendly matches against other teams in both England or Wales, closed doors or not, which would give the opportunity for players coming back from absence, fringe players or trialists.
Old 11th April 2019, 21.45:23   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

Remember going to Rhyl for a Cheshire League game. Albert Dunlop our ex goalie was in their team. The away Wrexham fans spent the match chanting "Albert Dunlop , you're a junkie , you're a junkie'" not sure why but I probably joined in anyway.
Old 12th April 2019, 06.07:09   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Bamfords/excutive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
Remember going to Rhyl for a Cheshire League game. Albert Dunlop our ex goalie was in their team. The away Wrexham fans spent the match chanting "Albert Dunlop , you're a junkie , you're a junkie'" not sure why but I probably joined in anyway.
I bet he got "Tyred" of that.
Old 12th April 2019, 07.28:46   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKSE View Post
It would be a huge benefit for sure, having players playing competitive football if they are younger players coming through, players not currently making the first team or players coming back from injury. However, it is probably a non-starter due to the cost as previous posts have mentioned (travel, accommodation etc).
Accommodation ??? It would be against local teams not those from bloody London Mate
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.56:36.