Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th April 2019, 11.48:08   #111-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST board minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
What do you except these posters to do about it?
Stand for office for the WST and be nominated for the WAFC board?

Fans are saying mistakes are being made and they would like to see improvements. Happens in workplaces all over but doesnt mean everyone has to be sacked. Just one or two maybe
Why not? Iím sure if one of the group of posters on here questioning the club board stood for election then theyíd get plenty of support. Thatís what is really annoying , they say nothing can be done but weíre are totally different to any other club and they can make changes.
Old 13th April 2019, 11.56:17   #112-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewloered View Post
Why not? Iím sure if one of the group of posters on here questioning the club board stood for election then theyíd get plenty of support. Thatís what is really annoying , they say nothing can be done but weíre are totally different to any other club and they can make changes.

Just maybe that's why running a so called professional football club with volunteers will never work, it's amateurish and just supposing for one moment the board did step aside and more volunteers stepped up to the plate how long before power corrupts them?

Fan ownership a cooperative it you like sounds great on papers but without some form of professional outside investment it's limited to how far it can go.

Unfortunately in football like all businesses money talks.

If by some miracle we do go up then without a large amount of money we will probably end up like Macclesfield this season. Will we get the gates we are now in a season of struggling to stay up?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th April 2019, 12.05:02   #113-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Go on the board....I wouldn't have a clue where to begin....So fair play to our voluntary board, they are more qualified than me to do it....That doesn't mean I won't moan when they botch things up...After all, I'm paying good money to watch the results of their endeavors...
They're volunteers, but it's not as off they've volunteered to clean out the sceptic tank by hand....They clearly revel in the status of being Wrexham FC directors, with all the trappings that go with it...

Watching Salford on BT now......Oh..they've just scored their second........
Old 13th April 2019, 12.05:18   #114-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Totally agree that the board have screwed up again, same as they did appointing Davies last season. Iím also sick of us under performing in this shite league. Unlike the vast majority of clubs you do have an alternative if you think the club is being run badly because we are fans owned. You donít have to watch a private owner such as a Vaughan or Oyston screw our club over. Sick of coming on here and seeing the same posters saying the same things over and over again but doing flip all about it!!
Agreed although Iím not sick of coming on here, I just donít bother as much as I used to.
Youíre right in that itís people moaning endlessly about the same old stuff without doing anything about it - which theyíre obviously entitled to do. I just see it as pointless myself. Each to their own I guess.
Old 13th April 2019, 12.13:15   #115-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Just maybe that's why running a so called professional football club with volunteers will never work, it's amateurish and just supposing for one moment the board did step aside and more volunteers stepped up to the plate how long before power corrupts them?

Fan ownership a cooperative it you like sounds great on papers but without some form of professional outside investment it's limited to how far it can go.

Unfortunately in football like all businesses money talks.

If by some miracle we do go up then without a large amount of money we will probably end up like Macclesfield this season. Will we get the gates we are now in a season of struggling to stay up?
Posted via mobile theme
Those so called amateurs have sorted out the mess left behind by so called professionals such Moss and Roberts. Where they do need help is with the Football side, I think itís time to employ a DOF on a full time or part time basis.
Old 13th April 2019, 12.27:20   #116-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Those so called amateurs have sorted out the mess left behind by so called professionals such Moss and Roberts. Where they do need help is with the Football side, I think itís time to employ a DOF on a full time or part time basis.
Yep.

The argument that we can't afford this doesn't wash considering how much money has been poured down the drain on managers and players.

IMO to get an effective DoF he/she would have to be full-time. However for this to happen the board would have to admit that this is a need which they are not effectively covering. Considering what has already happened this season I am unconvinced that they are able/willing to do this.
Old 13th April 2019, 12.42:01   #117-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:

Mess they have sorted out through lucky football fortune of a one off good cup run. I ain't going down that route of living in the past scared of the future that was 11 yrs ago and no criticism of the off field running of the club but the main part of a football club the reason it exists.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th April 2019, 12.53:39   #118-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
So would you allow a volunteer to fix your car, build you an extension or fly you to your holiday destination? And if they mess it up its cos they are volunteers or you will take their place and fix your car or build the extension or fly the plane yourself?!
Old 13th April 2019, 13.11:56   #119-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
So would you allow a volunteer to fix your car, build you an extension or fly you to your holiday destination? And if they mess it up its cos they are volunteers or you will take their place and fix your car or build the extension or fly the plane yourself?!
Those volunteers have sorted out a whole load of shit that was left by our previous owners. Iíll ask again because no one if giving any answers, what is your alternative?
Old 13th April 2019, 13.46:23   #120-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Those volunteers have sorted out a whole load of shit that was left by our previous owners. I’ll ask again because no one if giving any answers, what is your alternative?
As you can tell (or not).from my analogy: hire a professional to run the football side of things. Don't worry that would still mean the club is owned by the trust its just that ythe actual day to day running of the club and the long term strategy and plan is executed by someone who knows what they are doing.

At the moment the (football) board are putting their egos above what is best for the club and I want no part of that.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.11:55.