Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th April 2019, 16.27:26   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: WAFC AGM access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Cheers kingsevans for the info.

I don't understand why non members can't go personally.
Personally i agree that all fans should be able to see information and ask questions but the response will be that non shareholders couldn't turn up to Tesco's AGM and ask questions
Old 11th April 2019, 17.36:30   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Is this more to do with formal committee rules regarding members and non members at AGM's though?
I recall that in the bowls club I have been a member for too long ,that at an AGM ,it wasnt allowed for anyone that wasnt a member to ask questions , although they were welcome to attend , ( so that if they wanted to join , they got to hear the business and the way it was run)
I wouldnt be against non members attending personally , as long as they behaved ! If they have a burning question (presumeably to be asked in -any other business, at meetings final phase ) then they could channel that though a member anyway?
Old 11th April 2019, 17.48:09   #23-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS on the X half way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Personally i agree that all fans should be able to see information and ask questions but the response will be that non shareholders couldn't turn up to Tesco's AGM and ask questions
Before fan ownership, were fans allowed to attend WFC AGMs or was it just shareholders? (You're statement about the response you'd get pretty much answers any Company AGM - only shareholders are allowed)
Old 11th April 2019, 19.13:39   #24-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Leaderlive reports loss as £36,201 but the copy I saw showed £83,543
Must go to specsavers.
Old 11th April 2019, 19.24:33   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntobered View Post
Before fan ownership, were fans allowed to attend WFC AGMs or was it just shareholders? (You're statement about the response you'd get pretty much answers any Company AGM - only shareholders are allowed)
Shareholders and press were allowed and it was well advertised and covered by the local press.

In The Premiership Everton is one of a handful of clubs that have independent small shareholders. Their AGM is a grand affair and held in the Philharmonic Hall.
Old 11th April 2019, 20.30:50   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Just come back from the AGM. Could only stomach half of it. It was soooo boring. I wonít be rushing to go to another one. Due to a technical fault, the start was delayed 40 minutes. Then a glass of coke was spilt onto the top table! Then the board spoke. They did appear confident but questi9ns from the floor were spartan.
Shame that some of the radical suggestions from RP posters were not aired. Although they could have come out in the second half. A smallish turn out of around 25 die hards. Generally, the evening was not my cup of tea. Spencer does not have a threat from me!
Old 11th April 2019, 21.02:38   #27-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Described as a ‘very poor turnout’ on twitter
Old 11th April 2019, 21.53:05   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Not far from draigwrecsam but not too close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Leaderlive reports loss as £36,201 but the copy I saw showed £83,543
Must go to specsavers.
Perhaps you must go to the AGM as the reasons for the differing profit figures were fully explained.
Old 11th April 2019, 22.18:55   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
Interesting!

Iím struggling to come up with an explanation for how that can be, unless the figure is consolidated into other Group company accounts that havenít been published online.
All smoke and mirrors as usual.
Old 12th April 2019, 06.12:41   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Bit sad though. How many Trust members are there? Around 2000? And only 25 could be arsed to turn up at the Cent to the AGM. I used to be apathetic, but now iím just not sure.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.47:37.