Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th April 2019, 07.38:29   #37-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
You mean a Morrell fiasco at least Mills did bring in some decent players before he mismanaged them. AM couldnt convince anyone to come in other than dross.

BH will be judged on his recruitment because poor players will lead to poor performances and results. Cant judge him on the 3 brought in as we were dipping into an empty barrel.

Heres hoping.
Christ you protect yourself from this swamp for weeks and when you come back this guy is still kidding himself that getting to the playoff final was an outrage that the manager had nothing to do with, while the totally unprofessional dickweed Mills was a superior option. Logs off.
Old 15th April 2019, 09.13:36   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Have to agree with pagl on Morrell
Met him a few times and saw him in action in Bamfords pre match

Poor communication skills, didn’t come over very well and def not enspiring
Mills was the opposite , but why did he sign so many lower league poor players - not sure what the budget was then or what it was being spent on

BH will get the summer to sort the squad out, which will demonstrate his real mngt skills
The last few months don’t show us anything
Old 15th April 2019, 09.26:34   #39-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Personally I would have got Morrell back here after Barrow walked.
For me he was the obvious choice as he's taken over in similar circumstances before and he's the one manager who has taken us closest to promotion and the only manager to actually win a trophy here in recent years of mainly dross.
His failings in the transfer market coincided with the budget being slashed.
This isn't a mere coincidence.
I mean, do you really believe all those poor players he signed were his top, first choice targets? Don't be silly. As if he really wanted the likes of N'Tame, I believe the players in the squad swallowed a large chunk of his budget and alongside the cuts it left him with little choice in terms of who he could afford.

Back to the thread. BH has done well and seems to have emerged from a poor spell with the squad still playing for him which for a rookie could go either way. And its also good to hear he's realised his mistakes and reverted back to a way of playing that got us here in the first place.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 15th April 2019 at 09.30:39..
Old 15th April 2019, 10.00:34   #40-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
Christ you protect yourself from this swamp for weeks and when you come back this guy is still kidding himself that getting to the playoff final was an outrage that the manager had nothing to do with, while the totally unprofessional dickweed Mills was a superior option. Logs off.
Thats not my point.
Firstly I applaud AM for the way he took over from DS leaving and have always acknowledged this. My criticism is and always has been his recruitment. He also failed to renew 2 contracts when he said to the player he would. Hey ho.

Mills mistakes were different and yes far far worse.

Last edited by pagl; 15th April 2019 at 10.03:30..
Old 15th April 2019, 11.31:28   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
I’m not just worried about now I’m even more worried about the summer rebuild no matter what division we are in. He comes across poor in his interviews and if he’s not popular with own players as per the rumours going around then that will spread to potential players. He doesn’t strike me as someone who will convince the quality of player that we require to join us. I fear we are heading for another Mills fiasco of signing anything agents dump on us, he might be lucky if Flynn is still about.
All rumours. Looks like Tollitt wants to play for Hughes so why wouldn't others want to?

If any of the current squad dont like him then we will find that out when they turn down contracts and do a runner. To be honest with you, I'd rather Hughes here with his own squad of players to see what he can actually do as a manager, rather than give him a squad of players that dont have the quality or the mentality to win promotion.
Old 15th April 2019, 11.32:17   #42-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Personally I would have got Morrell back here after Barrow walked.
For me he was the obvious choice as he's taken over in similar circumstances before and he's the one manager who has taken us closest to promotion and the only manager to actually win a trophy here in recent years of mainly dross.
His failings in the transfer market coincided with the budget being slashed.
This isn't a mere coincidence.
I mean, do you really believe all those poor players he signed were his top, first choice targets? Don't be silly. As if he really wanted the likes of N'Tame, I believe the players in the squad swallowed a large chunk of his budget and alongside the cuts it left him with little choice in terms of who he could afford.

Back to the thread. BH has done well and seems to have emerged from a poor spell with the squad still playing for him which for a rookie could go either way. And its also good to hear he's realised his mistakes and reverted back to a way of playing that got us here in the first place.
This. I think Morrell ticked so many boxes that I'm surprised we went leftfield with Hughes, the same could have been said if we'd have got Lawrence.

I'd say Hughes is par for the course so far.
Old 15th April 2019, 11.36:12   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

The Mills fiasco seems to have been a watershed for the Board....They must have been seriously out of pocket dismissing him....
The policy now is, get a young , rookie manager, and give him a 3 year contract....The first two, jumped ship, and are now being found out.....
Let's hope it's third time Lucky.......Because with a policy like that...Luck plays a big part......
Old 15th April 2019, 11.40:39   #44-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: When I can get there

With all the turmoil we have had and on our fourth manager I am amazed just how good we are doing and still in with a chance, rather than saying its spring, the clocks change and we are are planning for next season.

My heart says we are going up and as we attract more attention than most other clubs I am hopeful we can attract good players with an increased budget that comes from being in L2, TV and bigger cup games - all without major investment from somewhere / someone. The head says it will be tough and we may fall at the last hurdle, but Barnet game has given a little hope.
Old 15th April 2019, 17.18:34   #45-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys's Daddy View Post
With all the turmoil we have had and on our fourth manager I am amazed just how good we are doing and still in with a chance, rather than saying its spring, the clocks change and we are are planning for next season.

My heart says we are going up and as we attract more attention than most other clubs I am hopeful we can attract good players with an increased budget that comes from being in L2, TV and bigger cup games - all without major investment from somewhere / someone. The head says it will be tough and we may fall at the last hurdle, but Barnet game has given a little hope.
4 managers?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.51:50.