RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   58% (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113756-58%25.html)

benwilliams 13th April 2019 18.31:32

58%

Bryan Hughes' win rate since taking over. Yes we've had some crap defeats too but is he really doing that badly?

Funny_Old_Game 13th April 2019 18.34:53

Re: 58%

About the same as Ricketts I’d imagine.

It’s the manner of the defeats we’ve had under Hughes though, we’ve looked totally lost and taken apart a few times by poor sides. Whereas when we lost under Ricketts it was in very tight games.

davewilli 13th April 2019 18.41:26

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2248241]Bryan Hughes' win rate since taking over. Yes we've had some crap defeats too but is he really doing that badly?[/QUOTE]

Not too shoddy picking up a shell shocked squad and missing 2 influential midfielders in Walker & Summerfield.

benwilliams 13th April 2019 18.46:08

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2248242]About the same as Ricketts I’d imagine.

It’s the manner of the defeats we’ve had under Hughes though, we’ve looked totally lost and taken apart a few times by poor sides. Whereas when we lost under Ricketts it was in very tight games.[/QUOTE]

Barrow and ebbsfleet certainly conform to that view although in both games we were undone by a first half aberration. Hartlepool and Orient were slender away defeats. We've won as many points under him as if we had won 6 drawn 4 and lost 2 which may have been a more palatable sequence of results for most.

With injuries and picking up morale after the Graham Barrow fiasco I think hes done about as well as we could reasonably expect.

shimosays 13th April 2019 18.54:12

He tried being more expansive/attacking. It was a disaster. We’ve gone back to grinding results out with more or less the same team/system as Ricketts. Let’s just hope it’s not too late and we can still fluke our way through the playoffs.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

benwilliams 13th April 2019 19.00:46

[QUOTE=shimosays;2248246]He tried being more expansive/attacking. It was a disaster. We’ve gone back to grinding results out with more or less the same team/system as Ricketts. Let’s just hope it’s not too late and we can still fluke our way through the playoffs.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

His interview today on YouTube says exactly that, takes the blame for neglecting the defensive side in trying to make us more expansive and they've now gone back to basics. A new young manager learning his craft and having the guts to admit when hes got it wrong.

You can make a case for us needing an experienced head after Barrow but you cant blame Yozzer for bring appointed and I think hes giving it his all.

Readred 13th April 2019 23.22:09

[QUOTE=shimosays;2248246]He tried being more expansive/attacking. It was a disaster. We’ve gone back to grinding results out with more or less the same team/system as Ricketts. Let’s just hope it’s not too late and we can still fluke our way through the playoffs.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

You could call today “grinding it out” but I’d call it a solid away performance against an inform team, grabbing a late counter attacking goal to take the points. 2nd half today I actually though we have the bones of a decent side.

Junior Shabadoo 13th April 2019 23.31:42

If there’s a problem, and there are some, it’s not the appointment of Hughes which is absolutely in line with what has got the club back on track. Anyone who needs to be told why is being wilfully dim.

TaidTom 14th April 2019 06.21:21

Hughes has done a good job in the circumstances, and does seem to learn from his mistakes. Whatever happens this season, he'll be a better manager for it.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.25:39.