Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th April 2019, 18.31:32   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default 58%

Bryan Hughes' win rate since taking over. Yes we've had some crap defeats too but is he really doing that badly?
Old 13th April 2019, 18.34:53   #2-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 58%

About the same as Ricketts I’d imagine.

It’s the manner of the defeats we’ve had under Hughes though, we’ve looked totally lost and taken apart a few times by poor sides. Whereas when we lost under Ricketts it was in very tight games.
Old 13th April 2019, 18.41:26   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Bryan Hughes' win rate since taking over. Yes we've had some crap defeats too but is he really doing that badly?
Not too shoddy picking up a shell shocked squad and missing 2 influential midfielders in Walker & Summerfield.
Old 13th April 2019, 18.46:08   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
About the same as Ricketts I’d imagine.

It’s the manner of the defeats we’ve had under Hughes though, we’ve looked totally lost and taken apart a few times by poor sides. Whereas when we lost under Ricketts it was in very tight games.
Barrow and ebbsfleet certainly conform to that view although in both games we were undone by a first half aberration. Hartlepool and Orient were slender away defeats. We've won as many points under him as if we had won 6 drawn 4 and lost 2 which may have been a more palatable sequence of results for most.

With injuries and picking up morale after the Graham Barrow fiasco I think hes done about as well as we could reasonably expect.
Old 13th April 2019, 18.54:12   #5-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Paddock
Real Name: Thomas Shimmin
Twitter: @shimosays





Default Re: 58%

He tried being more expansive/attacking. It was a disaster. We’ve gone back to grinding results out with more or less the same team/system as Ricketts. Let’s just hope it’s not too late and we can still fluke our way through the playoffs.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th April 2019, 19.00:46   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimosays View Post
He tried being more expansive/attacking. It was a disaster. We’ve gone back to grinding results out with more or less the same team/system as Ricketts. Let’s just hope it’s not too late and we can still fluke our way through the playoffs.
Posted via mobile theme
His interview today on YouTube says exactly that, takes the blame for neglecting the defensive side in trying to make us more expansive and they've now gone back to basics. A new young manager learning his craft and having the guts to admit when hes got it wrong.

You can make a case for us needing an experienced head after Barrow but you cant blame Yozzer for bring appointed and I think hes giving it his all.
Old 13th April 2019, 23.22:09   #7-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimosays View Post
He tried being more expansive/attacking. It was a disaster. We’ve gone back to grinding results out with more or less the same team/system as Ricketts. Let’s just hope it’s not too late and we can still fluke our way through the playoffs.
Posted via mobile theme
You could call today “grinding it out” but I’d call it a solid away performance against an inform team, grabbing a late counter attacking goal to take the points. 2nd half today I actually though we have the bones of a decent side.
Old 13th April 2019, 23.31:42   #8-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: 58%

If there’s a problem, and there are some, it’s not the appointment of Hughes which is absolutely in line with what has got the club back on track. Anyone who needs to be told why is being wilfully dim.
__________________
Techno tribal, positively primal, shamanic anarchistic archaic revival.
Old 14th April 2019, 06.21:21   #9-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
TaidTom's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand
Real Name: John Rowlands
Twitter: @





Default Re: 58%

Hughes has done a good job in the circumstances, and does seem to learn from his mistakes. Whatever happens this season, he'll be a better manager for it.
Old 14th April 2019, 06.52:23   #10-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Barrow and ebbsfleet certainly conform to that view although in both games we were undone by a first half aberration. Hartlepool and Orient were slender away defeats. We've won as many points under him as if we had won 6 drawn 4 and lost 2 which may have been a more palatable sequence of results for most.

With injuries and picking up morale after the Graham Barrow fiasco I think hes done about as well as we could reasonably expect.
There were people on here calling for his head a couple of weeks ago , calling Him fit to burn , I haven`t read All this post yet , be interesting to see who back tracks
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.02:11.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12