RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Forecasts for playoffs and Wembley (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113760-forecasts-playoffs-wembley.html)

draigwrecsam 15th April 2019 11.38:41

Forecasts for playoffs and Wembley

Here are the final fixtures for the top seven with the results of the reverse fixture earlier in the season and my forecast results (We lose out for 3rd on GD). We will beat Harrogate at home in the playoffs then win at Solihull to earn a Wembley trip to play Salford! COYR!

1 LEYTON (93)

Harrogate (H) - won 3-0 away W
Solihull (A) - won 3-0 home W
Braintree (H) - won 5-1 away W

2 SALFORD (89)

Boreham Wood (A) - won 3-1 home W
Fylde (H) - won 2-0 away D
Hartlepool (A) - won 3-0 home W

3 SOLIHULL (87)

Bromley (A) - won 5-0 home W
Leyton (H) - lost 0-3 away L
Dagenham (A) - won 2-0 home W

4 WREXHAM (87)

Sutton (H) - lost 0-3 away W
Halifax (A) - drew 0-0 home W
Harrogate (H) - drew 0-0 away W

5 FYLDE (82)

Barnet (H) - drew 1-1 away W
Salford (A) - lost 0-2 home D
Halifax (H) - drew 0-0 away W

6 EASTLEIGH (71)

Dagenham (A) - won 1-0 home D
Maidenhead (H) - lost 0-2 away W
Boreham Wood (A) - won 1-0 home W

7 HARROGATE (74)

Leyton (A) - lost 0-3 home L
Gateshead (H) - won 3-2 away W
Wrexham (A) - drew 0-0 home L

Ebbsfleet, Sutton and Gateshead have mathematical chances, Sutton travel to Wrexham on Friday and Gateshead travel to Harrogate on Monday.

Rhys's Daddy 15th April 2019 11.41:38

Re: Forecasts for playoffs and Wembley

If only

eastsussexred 15th April 2019 12.11:32

I was at Wembley last week for the Brighton/City semi final. It has changed almost beyond recognition since our last visits; now being completely enclosed by a massive shopping complex of Hotels, shops and restaurants

Funny_Old_Game 15th April 2019 12.44:35

We won’t win all 3 games, no chance. I reckon we will claim 4 points from the remainder.

Back of the Kop 16th April 2019 08.56:24

[QUOTE=draigwrecsam;2248530]Here are the final fixtures for the top seven with the results of the reverse fixture earlier in the season and my forecast results (We lose out for 3rd on GD). We will beat Harrogate at home in the playoffs then win at Solihull to earn a Wembley trip to play Salford! COYR!

1 LEYTON (93)

Harrogate (H) - won 3-0 away W
Solihull (A) - won 3-0 home W
Braintree (H) - won 5-1 away W

2 SALFORD (89)

Boreham Wood (A) - won 3-1 home W
Fylde (H) - won 2-0 away D
Hartlepool (A) - won 3-0 home W

3 SOLIHULL (87)

Bromley (A) - won 5-0 home W
Leyton (H) - lost 0-3 away L
Dagenham (A) - won 2-0 home W

4 WREXHAM (87)

Sutton (H) - lost 0-3 away W
Halifax (A) - drew 0-0 home W
Harrogate (H) - drew 0-0 away W

5 FYLDE (82)

Barnet (H) - drew 1-1 away W
Salford (A) - lost 0-2 home D
Halifax (H) - drew 0-0 away W

6 EASTLEIGH (71)

Dagenham (A) - won 1-0 home D
Maidenhead (H) - lost 0-2 away W
Boreham Wood (A) - won 1-0 home W

7 HARROGATE (74)

Leyton (A) - lost 0-3 home L
Gateshead (H) - won 3-2 away W
Wrexham (A) - drew 0-0 home L

Ebbsfleet, Sutton and Gateshead have mathematical chances, Sutton travel to Wrexham on Friday and Gateshead travel to Harrogate on Monday.[/QUOTE]

What's the score against Salford in the Final ?

totesey2 16th April 2019 09.07:41

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2248543]We won’t win all 3 games, no chance. I reckon we will claim 4 points from the remainder.[/QUOTE]

Spot on.

Red Light 16th April 2019 09.35:04

My forecast - even if we get beyond the semi final stage - in all probability we would still have to beat either Orient, Salford City or Solihull at Wembley.
It wont be easy but that applies to all the promotion contenders.

But - we need to aim strongly to put points on the board for third place - we have 2 out of the last 3 games at home and our away game is against a team with nothing to play for on a BH where we are bound to have a large away following - seem to have hit a bit of form with a settled team of older heads - so 3 wins is possible and we could do it.

In comparison Solihull have 2 of their last 3 games away from home and the other is against Leyton Orient - anything is possible - who has the most bottle will also come into it.

NottsRed 16th April 2019 09.38:35

[QUOTE=Red Light;2248706]My forecast - even if we get beyond the semi final stage - in all probability we would still have to beat either Orient, Salford City or Solihull at Wembley.
It wont be easy but that applies to all the promotion contenders.

But - we need to aim strongly to put points on the board for third place - we have 2 out of the last 3 games at home and our away game is against a team with nothing to play for on a BH where we are bound to have a large away following - seem to have hit a bit of form with a settled team of older heads - so 3 wins is possible and we could do it.

In comparison Solihull have 2 of their last 3 games away from home and the other is against Leyton Orient - anything is possible - who has the most bottle will also come into it.[/QUOTE]

I think Salford will win the title but out of the three to face in the final I would rather it be Solihull. We stand a much better chance against them on a wide playing field rather than going to there narrow ground which suits there style of play.

Johno 16th April 2019 09.38:59

Have to stay positive. A win on Friday is a must really and would lead to a massive following at Halifax

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.12:10.