RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sutton United @ Home (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113774-sutton-united-%40-home.html)

Loughboroughred 17th April 2019 14.18:20

Sutton United @ Home

How do we all feel about this Friday's game? Sutton United have been very average this year to the surprise of many. However, they did manage to hold Leyton Orient for 90 minutes last weekend. Until a Ross Worner mistake gifted them a penalty in the dying minutes of the game.

I think we'll come out on top with just under five thousand in attendance.

#UTST

Red Dragon Froomie 17th April 2019 14.29:46

Re: Sutton United @ Home

They have to win in order to keep any hopes of making the play-offs alive, so the have to go for it. However, I think after the Orient game that they'll be mentally battered. Our tails should be up, so I reckon we'll do them 2-0.

Phils-an-alki 17th April 2019 14.38:47

0-0.

Willywill 17th April 2019 14.40:18

Two massive football powers clashing. Can only see a draw from this, unless we score early.

CRUMBS 17th April 2019 14.52:51

Weathers fantastic Sun all day 21degrees , just hope they have the stamina .

krux 17th April 2019 14.54:12

1-0 win

Akil wright header, obvs.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Wenttoanderlechtin76 17th April 2019 14.56:59

We need 9 points for a top 3 finish IMO. Would like to think we get a decent crowd but play off certainty might keep a few away as daft as it sounds. This is a big 3 weeks coming up for us because my gut feeling is we wont be challenging next year unless big changes are made.

pagl 17th April 2019 15.42:31

Been average apart from twtting us 3-0

marathonplny 17th April 2019 16.36:26

We are on a wining streak, so expecting a 2 nil win

basdragon 17th April 2019 17.07:04

:deserted:

[QUOTE=Willywill;2248937]Two massive football powers clashing. Can only see a draw from this, unless we score early.[/QUOTE]

:44::44::44::crampe::crampe::6:

Spat my tea out laughing

Wirral Red 17th April 2019 18.14:30

They'll still be thinking they've got a chance of sneaking into the playoffs but we'll be too strong for them. 2-0 win , 5,643 crowd.

TaidTom 17th April 2019 18.34:24

The win at Barnet will have given our lads a real boost of confidence.

We'll win this one 3-1. 5,576

Funny_Old_Game 17th April 2019 18.47:20

0-0 or 1-0 off a set piece to either side.

dolly dagger 17th April 2019 19.14:50

[QUOTE=Wenttoanderlechtin76;2248940]We need 9 points for a top 3 finish IMO. Would like to think we get a decent crowd but play off certainty might keep a few away as daft as it sounds. This is a big 3 weeks coming up for us because my gut feeling is we wont be challenging next year unless big changes are made.[/QUOTE]

Why are you thinking about next season when this one hasn't finished?

dolly dagger 17th April 2019 19.16:38

[QUOTE=Red Dragon Froomie;2248931]They have to win in order to keep any hopes of making the play-offs alive, so the have to go for it. However, I think after the Orient game that they'll be mentally battered. Our tails should be up, so I reckon we'll do them 2-0.[/QUOTE]

Agree. May be more.

blackbrookred 17th April 2019 19.20:57

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2248972]Why are you thinking about next season when this one hasn't finished?[/QUOTE]

Why not? I do.

dolly dagger 17th April 2019 19.47:31

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2248974]Why not? I do.[/QUOTE]

What league are we in?

pagl 17th April 2019 19.54:41

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2248972]Why are you thinking about next season when this one hasn't finished?[/QUOTE]

Not much difference between top of NL and mid L2 as a few teams have shown.
I would be thinking on players for next season now. The difference being what we could pay them but I would have targets.
Remember DK did his homework on Pearson in Feb/Mar.

If we go up then we can add more quality but we cannot have another close season of striker dithering. If they don’t want to join move onto the next target, they may come crawling back.

blackbrookred 17th April 2019 19.57:41

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2248977]What league are we in?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, sorry will have to pass on that one.

What's that got to do with thinking about next season? We should be planning for going up and staying where we are.

dolly dagger 17th April 2019 20.18:34

[QUOTE=pagl;2248978]Not much difference between top of NL and mid L2 as a few teams have shown.
I would be thinking on players for next season now. The difference being what we could pay them but I would have targets.
Remember DK did his homework on Pearson in Feb/Mar.

If we go up then we can add more quality but we cannot have another close season of striker dithering. If they don’t want to join move onto the next target, they may come crawling back.[/QUOTE]

Have to wait for the end of the season. The performances in the play offs will have a bearing on who we want to keep. Who comes in depends on which league we are in.

cynprifathro 17th April 2019 21.16:24

Take each game as it comes!!!

TaidTom 17th April 2019 22.00:56

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2248977]What league are we in?[/QUOTE]

I look two seasons ahead. League 1.

howardrd 17th April 2019 22.02:59

Every game from Friday onwards is a cup final. Must win and we will. Bonus if other games go our way.

NottsRed 18th April 2019 07.12:58

Need to win this to keep the pressure on for third spot or better. If we do win and results go our way Friday, Monday will be an absolutely massive game. Fingers and everything else crossed.

BillEBadass 18th April 2019 08.08:46

[QUOTE=krux;2248939]1-0 win

Akil wright header, obvs.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Given that Akil's strongest foot is his head you could be right. I'd love to see him bag a couple at home and change many peoples opinions of him. (Me included)
Sutton have got to look for a win and they are not as good as last season so given the spaces we should score - I'll go for a 2:1 win on our way to Wembley.

Phils-an-alki 18th April 2019 08.41:26

[QUOTE=dolly dagger;2248983]Have to wait for the end of the season.[B] The performances in the play offs will have a bearing on who we want to keep[/B]. Who comes in depends on which league we are in.[/QUOTE]

A few games won't make much difference surely, why would it?

There are some players who are heading for the exit regardless of how they perform in the play offs and whether we go up or not. The club needs to start being ruthless with regards to this. I predict a bit of a cull in the summer, BH team selections suggest he doesn't rate that many, especially our forwards.

Phils-an-alki 18th April 2019 08.47:17

[QUOTE=BillEBadass;2249023]Given that Akil's strongest foot is his head you could be right. I'd love to see him bag a couple at home and change many peoples opinions of him. (Me included)
Sutton have got to look for a win and they are not as good as last season so given the spaces we should score - I'll go for a 2:1 win on our way to Wembley.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't change mine even if he bagged a couple of goals, as that's not really the issue. He needs to be involved a lot more in games and improve his touch, passing and use his physicality more to dominate the midfield. Personally don't see this happening but I would love to proved wrong and see him improve.

Willywill 18th April 2019 08.53:59

Most fans feel that we need to be more effective next season, regardless of the league we are in. We all have our views on this, thankfully. The manager is probably looking at buying in options now - there are only two ways it can go (fourth or fifth tier).
As for tomorrow’s game, I was explaining it to my beloved that it will be the National Leagues equivalent to last nights City v Spurs clash! OK, we ain’t got VAR but if we don’t see passion and fire, there will be something wrong. There are between 3 and 6 games to go this season, and if players cannot rise to the occasion, they are clearly in the wrong job. BH has to set his stall out to win the game.

totesey2 18th April 2019 08.54:43

A very tight game won't be many goals could go either way.

Kiddy Dragon 18th April 2019 09.18:28

3-1
Wherever we are next year there is a core of decent professionals at the club who need to be kept on board.

pagl 18th April 2019 10.04:00

[QUOTE=Kiddy Dragon;2249034]3-1
Wherever we are next year there is a core of decent professionals at the club who need to be kept on board.[/QUOTE]

There are a core of players contracted for next season.
Some interesting decisions to be made with others.

Manny & Kennedy - would we need both?
Roberts and Jennings is BH happy with FBs?

Summerfield and Rutherford or revamp the midfield.
With Fondop & Oswell contracted then its a question whether BH looks to move them on.

Think Carra will be retained for versatility.

Its the key positions that are important as we can fill in a few spaces at the end but any dithering with CM and CF isnt going to bode well.

NottsRed 18th April 2019 10.15:23

[QUOTE=pagl;2249039]There are a core of players contracted for next season.

With Fondop & Oswell contracted then its a question whether BH looks to move them on.

Its the key positions that are important as we can fill in a few spaces at the end but any dithering with CM and CF isnt going to bode well.[/QUOTE]

Fondop I think will be gone by mutual consent. Whatevers happened there looks like it unfixable.

blackbrookred 18th April 2019 10.18:01

[QUOTE=pagl;2249039]There are a core of players contracted for next season.

Its the key positions that are important as we can fill in a few spaces at the end but any dithering with CM and CF isnt going to bode well.[/QUOTE]

I don't think either full back are good enough, although I suspect that Jennings may stay, the better of the 2 in my opinion.

The Manny situation is frustrating, offered a new deal but no news which I assume means he has rejected? Hopefully not as if he is fit he is a better option than Kennedy.

If we are in the NL next season then Summerfield is worth another season but i think Ruthers time is up.

Phils-an-alki 18th April 2019 10.26:16

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2249042]I don't think either full back are good enough, although I suspect that Jennings may stay, the better of the 2 in my opinion.

The Manny situation is frustrating, offered a new deal but no news which I assume means he has rejected? Hopefully not as if he is fit he is a better option than Kennedy.

If we are in the NL next season then Summerfield is worth another season but i think Ruthers time is up.[/QUOTE]

Manny has signed a new deal apparently but the spin masters haven't told us.

blackbrookred 18th April 2019 11.06:16

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2249045]Manny has signed a new deal apparently but the spin masters haven't told us.[/QUOTE]

I was told he had signed one around the time Pearsons new deal was announced, however, I see no reason not to announce it by now!!!

Phils-an-alki 18th April 2019 11.19:27

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2249054]I was told he had signed one around the time Pearsons new deal was announced, however, I see no reason not to announce it by now!!![/QUOTE]

Well if the rumours that manny's injury is career threatening are correct then there's your reason right there, they are saving face

blackbrookred 18th April 2019 12.10:58

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2249056]Well if the rumours that manny's injury is career threatening are correct then there's your reason right there, they are saving face[/QUOTE]

Thats a fair point.

Vorporix 18th April 2019 20.45:19

2-1

BloodRed 18th April 2019 22.11:52

A first for me as my wife and 2 daughters are coming as well as my son. I’m hoping that we turn on the style leading to a lifetimes love and devotion from all the kids. I’ll settle for a victory and not too much moaning ( or involuntary swearing from me).

2-1 Late winner from Oswell.

dimps1 18th April 2019 22.54:32

0/0 for me once again . Hope I'm wrong

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.24:17.