Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st April 2019, 15.05:21   #118-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sutton reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonplny View Post
Heard that Grant has cost us £50k in pay related costs
Hope you have documented evidence of this for Wirral Red.
Old 21st April 2019, 15.16:38   #119-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonplny View Post
Talking about rumours

Heard that Grant has cost us £50k in pay related costs

If and it’s a big if, that’s true , then we haven’t got value for money
Nope.

I know I've spoken about this already but we could have sent him back in January, signed Tollitt for the remainder of the season (I can't see any reason why Tranmere wouldn't have agreed to this), and possibly have had his wages partially covered. That would have been better value for money.

We did of course at that time have a manager running for the exit, but we the fans didn't find this out until far later.
Old 21st April 2019, 15.29:22   #120-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Hope you have documented evidence of this for Wirral Red.

Oops , I must have touched a nerve there.
I just don't like the way that rumors or made up so called facts get repeated so often that people think that they are the truth.
Old 21st April 2019, 15.35:43   #121-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
I just don't like the way that rumors or made up so called facts get repeated so often that people think that they are the truth.

A bit like the Daily Mail
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st April 2019, 15.50:39   #122-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
A bit like the Daily Mail
Posted via mobile theme
That's something that we can agree on.
Old 21st April 2019, 15.51:29   #123-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Yes he knows to much and talks about them like a teenager in awe of a pop star.

Yes we have to back the team on the run in, but even if the Gods smile on us and we go up a major rebuild is needed to stay up or we will be like Macclesfield this season.. And I don't see us having the money to compete, under the present living hand to mouth.

I will be there tomorrow but we never seem to do well there, Saturdays performance was basically in the end a ground out win in a game we dominated at times once Rutherford went off.
Posted via mobile theme
Poor effort that. Nearly as poor as the little Bird.
Wish I was a teenager knowing what I know now. Don't think I've ever been in awe of anyone, (maybe the Shinton, Ashcroft, Whittle forward line)
There are very few secrets around the club. Most of the trust board and AFC board members are present at matches, Home and away and will happily discuss matters that are not Sensitive.

Last edited by Quay Red; 21st April 2019 at 15.53:03..
Old 21st April 2019, 16.02:09   #124-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Poor effort that. Nearly as poor as the little Bird.
Wish I was a teenager knowing what I know now. Don't think I've ever been in awe of anyone, (maybe the Shinton, Ashcroft, Whittle forward line)
There are very few secrets around the club. Most of the trust board and AFC board members are present at matches, Home and away and will happily discuss matters that are not Sensitive.
Yes that's if you frequent the Moan Road stand no doubt and actually know who they are and what they look like. Not that I'm interested in them personally.

Where they should be open more is not in little buddy chats (not implying you) but on the website not Twitter.

My main complaint about them is a lack of responsibility for the cock ups.

Yes the post was meant in sarcasm I agree with your posts more than don't.

Too much ☀
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st April 2019, 16.11:47   #125-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
As I said we can discuss the rough numbers as none of us are party to individual wages. Common knowledge £200k available in Jan which came from SR and also backed by numbers for winning rounds and TV money.
If your so interested in facts then surprised you dont want the £50k justified when you asked me about the 3 salaries. Thats not touching a nerve but seems double standards on your part.

This in an opinions board if you hadnt realised and there is a certain amount of educated reasoning on why/how things are done.
Old 21st April 2019, 16.13:17   #126-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Yes that's if you frequent the Moan Road stand no doubt and actually know who they are and what they look like. Not that I'm interested in them personally.

Where they should be open more is not in little buddy chats (not implying you) but on the website not Twitter.

My main complaint about them is a lack of responsibility for the cock ups.

Yes the post was meant in sarcasm I agree with your posts more than don't.

Too much ☀
Posted via mobile theme
Fully understand that. Like every board we've had in the past, barring Hamilton and Moss eras, we are relying on Volunteer directors. There is little difference in the type of personnel on the board apart from the fact that there are no butchers or farmers who had bonds as directors.
I'm not sure that an apology for the managerial appointment "fiasco" would really serve anything but there should be an acknowledgement that the matter could have been addressed more openly.
I understand that the governing body (WST) are looking at the way the football club report back. Whether that helps in the future remains to be seen.
Some posters will not be satisfied unless heads roll.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.52:28.