Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th April 2019, 22.04:33   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sutton Utd Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyn Army View Post
Fair comment re Roberts but don't think he's good enough particularly going forward as offers very little
I think that's exactly why he is playing and jennings isn't. BH had to tighten the defense, and that's how he's done it.
Old 20th April 2019, 06.55:31   #20-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Thought Lainton was our best passer some great kicks forward unlucky not to get on the score sheet. Other passes from our back 4 where aimless and wasteful. So as we know we can defend but none of the back 4 are a base for attacking play, forgetting corners.
Old 20th April 2019, 06.56:05   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS now.

Beavon gets a 10 from me each game. With more effective striking partners we would reap the rewards of his quality. The quy is undoubtedly far too good for this level.Bit like putting an F1 car on the A55 on a bank holiday,held back by all around.

Lainton. 7. Quiet game but solid . Constantly keeping defence on their toes with his barking.

Carra.8 Superb and sublime at times. Actually made defending look easy.Couple of odd passes and a strange free kick straight to a Sutton player near the end when we needed to play keep ball...

Roberts 5. Seems to be struggling. Really gone off the boil.

Kennedy 8. Missed very little. Like the fact he'll attempt to push up when the opportunity arises. Great finish.

Pearson.8. Another solid performance.Passion and pride.

Wright.3 Closed down well at times but thats it.

Rutherford. 4. Cant fault his effort but sadly not a lot of quality . Hes clearly following a brief,but sometimes ua just gotta have that something extra in your locker.

Grant. 3. Should have burried that header first half. Couple of shots at goal. Woeful passing,too slow and doesnt show the desire required in a team who grind out results.

Holroyd. 4 assisted Carra quite well but the fact thats the highlight when we are talking about a striker says it all really.

Beavon As above.

Young 8. Showed some real quality at times. Hard working too. Think he's an asset to us. Especially with Summerfield back.

Summerfield 8. Made that difference. Another with obvious quality. Pushed forward,gave others an option by creating space.
Oswell. 6. Think in the right set up he could thrive but never going to be a 20 goal a season man with the way the side is set up. Then again,who would?
Maglashen(sic?) 4. Think he only put one cross over which was woeful. Still,had plenty of possession which is a good thing. If we have the ball,they haven't!!

Ref...... Too weak.

Sutton......Disgraceful. Gamesmanship and cheating became a fine line. Thats not football.
Old 20th April 2019, 08.14:44   #22-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

How can Beavon get a 10. Thats perfection. Did he score or have any assists?
Ridiculous rating.
Old 20th April 2019, 08.22:17   #23-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Lainton 7 nothing to do but did it well

Roberts 5 not great
Kennedy 8 good shout for motm
Pearson 8 total control
Carrington 8 MOTM played well, but still wrong footed for LB. Would prefer him over Roberts. Not changing a winning team I suppose.

Young 7 good
Wright 6 not great but ok
Ruthers 4 poor

Grant 5 poor
Beavon 7 solid enough in a nin threatening way
Holroyd 7 thought he did ok actually.

Subs
Summerfield 8 great stuff
Mcglashan baffling
Oswell did his bit
Posted via mobile theme
Old 20th April 2019, 08.47:11   #24-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

Lainton - 6: Nothing to do. I don't remember a save he had to make. Distrbuted well though. Nearly scored, which would have been nice to see (21 clean sheets and a goal would have had to be up there with the greatest goalkeeping seasons in football if it did happen)
Roberts - 6: I thought he had a good first half, took care of Jimmy who did beat a few of our players at times (although Jimmy couldn't hit a barn door today). Is a centre-back in a right-back's body, though.
Kennedy - 7: Sponsor's MOTM. There's a few candidates for my MOTM but the goal will make me give it to Kennedy. Decent in defence, gets a boost for his winner. It's really something that our 3rd centre-back is one of the better centre-backs in the league.
Pearson - 7: Sutton didn't get a sniff, really, and Pearson was a big reason why. Solid game all round.
Carrington - 7: Another good game from Carra, his move from centre-mid to full-back has benefitted the team so much since it happened.
Wright - 6: He was okay. He won the ball a few times, played a few decent passes but he was lucky Sutton were unmotivated.
Young - 7: In a really good run of form at the moment. Works hard and has good delivery from set pieces. What we need for the play-offs.
Rutherford - 5: Hardly noticed he was playing, if I'm honest.
Grant - 5: I think he'd do better in a more attacking team. Wasn't afraid to have a pop, although missed what looked like an easy header (granted I was in the Tech End)
Holyroyd - 5: Not his greatest performance in a Wrexham shirt, but did try and make something happen, just hasn't been going his way lately.
Beavon - 7: Worked very hard, as usual. Won a lot of headers, too. If he had more goals in him he'd be the perfect striker for this level.

Subs:
Summerfield - 7: Looked really good, no coincidence we scored after he came on. Played a hell of a ball near the end which Oswell was unlucky to not get on the end of
Oswell - 5: He just needs that one goal to get him going. Something going in off his arse or similar luck will help him out. Still, wasn't too bad though.
McGlashan - 5: Didn't start well but did help run down the clock with his runs in behind the defense to get to the by-line. Did try the bicycle kick just before Kennedy's goal, which would have been a nice way to win the game.
Old 20th April 2019, 09.37:25   #25-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Some of Lainton's roll outs to defenders were a little hair raising to say the least!
Old 20th April 2019, 10.06:06   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
How can Beavon get a 10. Thats perfection. Did he score or have any assists?
Ridiculous rating.
Sorry boss!

You are quite correct of course.

It was more of a general assessment regarding his ability,vision and work rate week in week out. Which I'm sure most people understood if not agreeing,judging by only your goodself commenting.

Still,if it makes you feel better, you go for it.
Old 20th April 2019, 10.21:26   #27-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Beavon head and shoulders above anything else in the pitch.! Kevin Roberts is a shocking footballer. I couldn’t believe my eyes when he had all the time in the world and headed a ball straight out. No pace. Can’t cross and can’t tackle. Put carrington in there for crying out loud.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.26:51.