RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sutton Utd Ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113781-sutton-utd-ratings.html)

Prodigal Dragon 19th April 2019 17.22:33

Sutton Utd Ratings

Lainton (7) Never really troubled. Good kicking and nearly scored.

Roberts (5) Slow and weak.

Kennedy (6) Lost a lot of headers but took his goal well to save our bacon.

Pearson (7) Did what was required.

Carrington (8) A different class in the first-half. Almost scored.

Rutherford (3) Did he play?

Wright (1) He was their most dangerous midfielder. Total lack of awareness.

Young (7) Again had to run the midfield until Summerfield was introduced.

Grant (5) Some ineffective shots but he is slow and is not contributing enough.

Beavon (6) Ran out of steam in the sweltering heat.

Holroyd (6) Started well but is neither fast enough nor strong enough to make an impact.

Subs:

Summerfield (7) Not match fit but he is at least a footballer.

Oswell (5) Put himself about but looks slow. Nearly got on the end of a goos cross into the box.

McGlashan (5) His pace frightens defenders but his end product is not there.

Sutton Utd milked the ref for gallons of sympathy. Not a stunner, but the 3 points are all that matters. If we can win these 2 remaining games we might yet finish third. That would make our challenge that much easier.

Royal welsh red 19th April 2019 17.26:01

Re: Sutton Utd Ratings

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2249363]Lainton (7) Never really troubled. Good kicking and nearly scored.

Holroyd (6) Started well but is neither fast enough nor strong enough to make an impact.

Subs:

Oswell (5) Put himself about but looks slow. Nearly got on the end of a goos cross into the box.

Sutton Utd milked the ref for gallons of sympathy. Not a stunner, but the 3 points are all that matters. If we can win these 2 remaining games we might yet finish third. That would make our challenge that much easier.[/QUOTE]

Can’t really argue with that, though I think you’re being kind to Wright.

davewilli 19th April 2019 17.28:06

PD a bit unfair on Roberts & Grant. Roberts was solid once again defensively and no coincidence when he plays we don't usually concede. Grant missed a sitter of a header but looked most likely to score and again got a number of shots away.

moynkeepthefaith 19th April 2019 17.46:12

[QUOTE=davewilli;2249366]PD a bit unfair on Roberts & Grant. Roberts was solid once again defensively and no coincidence when he plays we don't usually concede. Grant missed a sitter of a header but looked most likely to score and again got a number of shots away.[/QUOTE]

Grant is one paced and missed a header I would have put in. If a league one forward doesn’t know to head back across the keeper in that situation I give in.
Wright was poor but 1 is a touch harsh for me.
Carrington is our best left and right back for me.

WREX777 19th April 2019 17.53:52

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2249363]Lainton (7) Never really troubled. Good kicking and nearly scored.

Subs:

Sutton Utd milked the ref for gallons of sympathy. Not a stunner, but the 3 points are all that matters. If we can win these 2 remaining games we might yet finish third. That would make our challenge that much easier.[/QUOTE]

On what planet does Holroyd get the same marks as Beavon ?

sparky 19th April 2019 17.57:58

[QUOTE=WREX777;2249378]On what planet does Holroyd get the same marks as Beavon ?[/QUOTE]

Holroyd was shocking, truly shocking.

TaidTom 19th April 2019 18.04:52

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2249375]Grant is one paced and missed a header I would have put in. If a league one forward doesn’t know to head back across the keeper in that situation I give in.
Wright was poor but 1 is a touch harsh for me.
Carrington is our best left and right back for me.[/QUOTE]

Agree with all that. Carra has to go right back, with Jennings back in.

sparky 19th April 2019 18.10:51

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2249388]Agree with all that. Carra has to go right back, with Jennings back in.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Baffling that Jennings is on the bench.

davewilli 19th April 2019 18.11:12

[QUOTE=TaidTom;2249388]Agree with all that. Carra has to go right back, with Jennings back in.[/QUOTE]

I was fearing a lack of creativity down the left but Carra had his best game at left back and looked comfortable all afternoon. Contrary to popular opinion on here, I think Roberts & Jennings are still our best 2 full backs even though Carra is in great form and deserves a run in the team.

Good dilemma for BH to have and hopefully all 3 have shaken off the niggling injuries and stay fit for the play offs.

TWREX 19th April 2019 18.11:36

Agree completely!

Phils-an-alki 19th April 2019 18.17:35

Lainton (6) nothng to do

Roberts (5) Knows he's a goner in the summer,plays like it

Kennedy (7) Good finish for the goal and not troubled much really

Pearson (7) Spends too much time moaning at the ref but not really tested. Solid enough

Carrington (7) Did well but not as effective as Jennings going forward

Rutherford (1) Anonymous and dreadful

Wright (1) Dreadful and a passenger. Disappeared for 90% of the game but at least sometimes he can head the ball eh? Give me strength.

Young (7) Was literally on his own in centre midfield and thats no exaggeration.

Grant (2) I give up.

Beavon (5) Huffs and puffs but never really a threat.

Holroyd (3) Another who knows he's gone in the summer. Can't work him out.

Subs:

Summerfield (7) Came on and did more in a few minutes than most of the others did all game. Our hopes largely rest on him staying fit. Has to start the next game.

Oswell (5) Hmmn. As he supposedly playing injured he does ok and looks more of a threat on crosses then most. Badly needs a goal.

McGlashan (6) Very pacey and caused them problems but still falls over too much and is weaker than a dying kitten.

Sutton. -3. Dreadful team, bizarrely came for a point and time wasted throughout. How ON EARTH did we lose to that lot earlier in the season..

TaidTom 19th April 2019 18.32:14

We watched the same game , Phil.

Rob 19th April 2019 18.42:56

Would agree with those perhaps bump Lainton up for his shot!

Sean Reckless 19th April 2019 18.52:23

Think Beavon is getting hard done to...won countless headers and control to bring us forward was excellent.

Glyn Army 19th April 2019 19.11:01

Lainton 7 Usual sound performance and one of our more creative players today!
Roberts 3 Poor and just not good enough
Carrington 7 Good solid performance
Kennedy 7 Solid and cracking goal
Pearson 7 Usual self
Young 7 The only midfielder who started who was constantly involved and trying to make things happen
Wright 3 Given him benefit of the doubt in the past, but asked my lad to watch him closely in the 2nd half and he realised he barely touched the ball and was a passenger
Rutherford - Same as Wright
Holroyd 5 Worked hard but rarely creates anything which a striker really needs to do!
Grant 5 Couple of half chance shots in first half and shocking header. How he played regularly in league one I don't know
Beavon 7 Worked hard, excellent touch and again won more headers than he should, unfortunately no one near enough or on his wavelength
Subs
Summerfield-Excellent impact-needs to start. Can't understand how some on here were stating what a poor player he was and shouldn't be here when he suffered a dip in his form mid season
MgLashen - Lots of pace not sure what else yet
Oswell-Undecided as yet. Couple of lovely touches but needs to put himself about more.
Another 3 points and gutted that Sa;ford scored late on, but winning is a good habit to get at this stage of the season!

WrexSi 19th April 2019 21.12:21

[QUOTE=Glyn Army;2249423]Lainton 7 Usual sound performance and one of our more creative players today!
Roberts 3 Poor and just not good enough
Carrington 7 Good solid performance
Kennedy 7 Solid and cracking goal
Pearson 7 Usual self
Young 7 The only midfielder who started who was constantly involved and trying to make things happen
Wright 3 Given him benefit of the doubt in the past, but asked my lad to watch him closely in the 2nd half and he realised he barely touched the ball and was a passenger
Rutherford - Same as Wright
Holroyd 5 Worked hard but rarely creates anything which a striker really needs to do!
Grant 5 Couple of half chance shots in first half and shocking header. How he played regularly in league one I don't know
Beavon 7 Worked hard, excellent touch and again won more headers than he should, unfortunately no one near enough or on his wavelength
Subs
Summerfield-Excellent impact-needs to start. Can't understand how some on here were stating what a poor player he was and shouldn't be here when he suffered a dip in his form mid season
MgLashen - Lots of pace not sure what else yet
Oswell-Undecided as yet. Couple of lovely touches but needs to put himself about more.
Another 3 points and gutted that Sa;ford scored late on, but winning is a good habit to get at this stage of the season![/QUOTE]

Agree with these scores rather than some of the earlier posts.
Only one I’m not sure about is Roberts.
I could be talking bollox but I thought that while he was poor going forward,
He made some very good tackles, especially first half, and I’d offer him a 6 for his defensive work.
I’d nudge Pearson up to 8 maybe. He was immense again.
Cheers.

Glyn Army 19th April 2019 21.25:25

Fair comment re Roberts but don't think he's good enough particularly going forward as offers very little

blackbrookred 19th April 2019 21.37:00

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2249401]Lainton (6) nothng to do

Roberts (5) Knows he's a goner in the summer,plays like it

Kennedy (7) Good finish for the goal and not troubled much really

Pearson (7) Spends too much time moaning at the ref but not really tested. Solid enough

Carrington (7) Did well but not as effective as Jennings going forward

Rutherford (1) Anonymous and dreadful

Wright (1) Dreadful and a passenger. Disappeared for 90% of the game but at least sometimes he can head the ball eh? Give me strength.

Young (7) Was literally on his own in centre midfield and thats no exaggeration.

Grant (2) I give up.

Beavon (5) Huffs and puffs but never really a threat.

Holroyd (3) Another who knows he's gone in the summer. Can't work him out.

Subs:

Summerfield (7) Came on and did more in a few minutes than most of the others did all game. Our hopes largely rest on him staying fit. Has to start the next game.

Oswell (5) Hmmn. As he supposedly playing injured he does ok and looks more of a threat on crosses then most. Badly needs a goal.

McGlashan (6) Very pacey and caused them problems but still falls over too much and is weaker than a dying kitten.

Sutton. -3. Dreadful team, bizarrely came for a point and time wasted throughout. How ON EARTH did we lose to that lot earlier in the season..[/QUOTE]

Agree in the main, although would give Pearson more than Kennedy. Beavon shows some fantastic touches but unfortunately they are wasted as he has no support.

Vambo 19th April 2019 22.04:33

[QUOTE=Glyn Army;2249473]Fair comment re Roberts but don't think he's good enough particularly going forward as offers very little[/QUOTE]

I think that's exactly why he is playing and jennings isn't. BH had to tighten the defense, and that's how he's done it.

davd29 20th April 2019 06.55:31

Thought Lainton was our best passer some great kicks forward unlucky not to get on the score sheet. Other passes from our back 4 where aimless and wasteful. So as we know we can defend but none of the back 4 are a base for attacking play, forgetting corners.

petered 20th April 2019 06.56:05

Beavon gets a 10 from me each game. With more effective striking partners we would reap the rewards of his quality. The quy is undoubtedly far too good for this level.Bit like putting an F1 car on the A55 on a bank holiday,held back by all around.

Lainton. 7. Quiet game but solid . Constantly keeping defence on their toes with his barking.

Carra.8 Superb and sublime at times. Actually made defending look easy.Couple of odd passes and a strange free kick straight to a Sutton player near the end when we needed to play keep ball...

Roberts 5. Seems to be struggling. Really gone off the boil.

Kennedy 8. Missed very little. Like the fact he'll attempt to push up when the opportunity arises. Great finish.

Pearson.8. Another solid performance.Passion and pride.

Wright.3 Closed down well at times but thats it.

Rutherford. 4. Cant fault his effort but sadly not a lot of quality . Hes clearly following a brief,but sometimes ua just gotta have that something extra in your locker.

Grant. 3. Should have burried that header first half. Couple of shots at goal. Woeful passing,too slow and doesnt show the desire required in a team who grind out results.

Holroyd. 4 assisted Carra quite well but the fact thats the highlight when we are talking about a striker says it all really.

Beavon As above.

Young 8. Showed some real quality at times. Hard working too. Think he's an asset to us. Especially with Summerfield back.

Summerfield 8. Made that difference. Another with obvious quality. Pushed forward,gave others an option by creating space.
Oswell. 6. Think in the right set up he could thrive but never going to be a 20 goal a season man with the way the side is set up. Then again,who would?
Maglashen(sic?) 4. Think he only put one cross over which was woeful. Still,had plenty of possession which is a good thing. If we have the ball,they haven't!!

Ref...... Too weak.

Sutton......Disgraceful. Gamesmanship and cheating became a fine line. Thats not football.

pagl 20th April 2019 08.14:44

How can Beavon get a 10. Thats perfection. Did he score or have any assists?
Ridiculous rating.

krux 20th April 2019 08.22:17

Lainton 7 nothing to do but did it well

Roberts 5 not great
Kennedy 8 good shout for motm
Pearson 8 total control
Carrington 8 MOTM played well, but still wrong footed for LB. Would prefer him over Roberts. Not changing a winning team I suppose.

Young 7 good
Wright 6 not great but ok
Ruthers 4 poor

Grant 5 poor
Beavon 7 solid enough in a nin threatening way
Holroyd 7 thought he did ok actually.

Subs
Summerfield 8 great stuff
Mcglashan baffling
Oswell did his bit
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Lods 20th April 2019 08.47:11

Lainton - 6: Nothing to do. I don't remember a save he had to make. Distrbuted well though. Nearly scored, which would have been nice to see (21 clean sheets and a goal would have had to be up there with the greatest goalkeeping seasons in football if it did happen)
Roberts - 6: I thought he had a good first half, took care of Jimmy who did beat a few of our players at times (although Jimmy couldn't hit a barn door today). Is a centre-back in a right-back's body, though.
Kennedy - 7: Sponsor's MOTM. There's a few candidates for my MOTM but the goal will make me give it to Kennedy. Decent in defence, gets a boost for his winner. It's really something that our 3rd centre-back is one of the better centre-backs in the league.
Pearson - 7: Sutton didn't get a sniff, really, and Pearson was a big reason why. Solid game all round.
Carrington - 7: Another good game from Carra, his move from centre-mid to full-back has benefitted the team so much since it happened.
Wright - 6: He was okay. He won the ball a few times, played a few decent passes but he was lucky Sutton were unmotivated.
Young - 7: In a really good run of form at the moment. Works hard and has good delivery from set pieces. What we need for the play-offs.
Rutherford - 5: Hardly noticed he was playing, if I'm honest.
Grant - 5: I think he'd do better in a more attacking team. Wasn't afraid to have a pop, although missed what looked like an easy header (granted I was in the Tech End)
Holyroyd - 5: Not his greatest performance in a Wrexham shirt, but did try and make something happen, just hasn't been going his way lately.
Beavon - 7: Worked very hard, as usual. Won a lot of headers, too. If he had more goals in him he'd be the perfect striker for this level.

Subs:
Summerfield - 7: Looked really good, no coincidence we scored after he came on. Played a hell of a ball near the end which Oswell was unlucky to not get on the end of
Oswell - 5: He just needs that one goal to get him going. Something going in off his arse or similar luck will help him out. Still, wasn't too bad though.
McGlashan - 5: Didn't start well but did help run down the clock with his runs in behind the defense to get to the by-line. Did try the bicycle kick just before Kennedy's goal, which would have been a nice way to win the game.

cynprifathro 20th April 2019 09.37:25

Some of Lainton's roll outs to defenders were a little hair raising to say the least!

petered 20th April 2019 10.06:06

[QUOTE=pagl;2249501]How can Beavon get a 10. Thats perfection. Did he score or have any assists?
Ridiculous rating.[/QUOTE]

Sorry boss!

You are quite correct of course.

It was more of a general assessment regarding his ability,vision and work rate week in week out. Which I'm sure most people understood if not agreeing,judging by only your goodself commenting.

Still,if it makes you feel better, you go for it.

The Turf 20th April 2019 10.21:26

Beavon head and shoulders above anything else in the pitch.! Kevin Roberts is a shocking footballer. I couldn’t believe my eyes when he had all the time in the world and headed a ball straight out. No pace. Can’t cross and can’t tackle. Put carrington in there for crying out loud.

pagl 20th April 2019 11.39:57

[QUOTE=petered;2249520]Sorry boss!

You are quite correct of course.

It was more of a general assessment regarding his ability,vision and work rate week in week out. Which I'm sure most people understood if not agreeing,judging by only your goodself commenting.

Still,if it makes you feel better, you go for it.[/QUOTE]

Whilst we will all agree he is the best of an average bunch I was just saying a 10, really, thats perfection. However it is your rating :)
Agreed with a lot of your comments on the others.

Just trying to balance the view :)

petered 20th April 2019 15.26:50

[QUOTE=pagl;2249534]Whilst we will all agree he is the best of an average bunch I was just saying a 10, really, thats perfection. However it is your rating :)
Agreed with a lot of your comments on the others.

Just trying to balance the view :)[/QUOTE]

Fair enough matey. In reality I'd give him a 7.5:)

Vorporix 20th April 2019 15.38:48

[QUOTE=krux;2249502]Lainton 7 nothing to do but did it well

Roberts 5 not great
Kennedy 8 good shout for motm
Pearson 8 total control
Carrington 8 MOTM played well, but still wrong footed for LB. Would prefer him over Roberts. Not changing a winning team I suppose.

Young 7 good
Wright 6 not great but ok
Ruthers 4 poor

Grant 5 poor
Beavon 7 solid enough in a nin threatening way
Holroyd 7 thought he did ok actually.

Subs
Summerfield 8 great stuff
Mcglashan baffling
Oswell did his bit
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I would go with this but would bump Roberts to 6...........:)

marinman 20th April 2019 15.44:48

I thought Beavon and Carra (especially first half) were our best performers yesterday. I like Ruthers but forgot he was playing. I think he'll be moved on at season's end along with a few others.

MoldyRed 20th April 2019 22.26:57

As Carra seems to offer more solidity defensively and Jenno offers more going forwards could we not try him higher up on the left with Carra behind him? Imo he would offer a more attacking threat than what we have at the minute??? :hide:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.25:04.