Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th April 2019, 20.42:43   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @spuderz92

Default Re: Holroyd and Grant not the answer upfront

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Going to get crucified for this, but genuinely think there is a really good player in Grant, and gutted it has not worked for us.
You're an absolute tw@t but agree.

Grant was player of the season at Fleetwood and it was only down to Barton falling out (who'd have thought it eh) with him was why he was allowed to leave. Grant for the most part has been a let down but there's still a decent player in there. Holroyd on the other hand has a shit touch, doesn't work as hard as the other forwards and doesn't have that instinct.

Football's all about opinions, mine is that Grant may come good at some point but in Holroyd I just don't see it.
Old 19th April 2019, 20.53:28   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

We have got stability back - won 3 games on the bounce and reverted to a settled team.

We are winning games - dare BH start tinkering ? I think not and expect more of the same.

I think Grant has been much better since he was recalled into the side - the other positive being that he and Holroyd are now getting sustained game time with Beavon.

I was expecting Holroyd to be withdrawn and Jennings to be brought on with Oswell but in hindsight I think BH played it safe - left the back line as it was and sacrificed the potential of Jennings getting up the left flank and getting decent crosses in - instead kept it tight at the back with priority being defence with only a goal margin - Mclashan at least got some ball up the right flank - sometimes a pair of fresh legs can provide a great outlet to relieve the defence of any pressure.

Anyway, it's a case of stick with what we already have or revert to an unknown gamble and try Spyrou or Stockton.
Old 19th April 2019, 20.57:22   #30-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuderz123 View Post

Grant was player of the season at Fleetwood and it was only down to Barton falling out (who'd have thought it eh) with him was why he was allowed to leave. Grant for the most part has been a let down but there's still a decent player in there. Holroyd on the other hand has a shit touch, doesn't work as hard as the other forwards and doesn't have that instinct.

Football's all about opinions, mine is that Grant may come good at some point but in Holroyd I just don't see it.
I’m not keen on Grant either, like a few others, but I agree, there’s a player in there, he is someone who ‘could’ bag a goal and make a difference.
I’m not sure we can say that about Holroyd, who is lightweight, anonymous, wherever the ball drops near the area he seems to move in the opposite direction somehow.
Beavon is a proper baller.
For me, my front three would be Beavon, Grant, and....
Call me bonkers
But I’d try James Jennings up there.
He is 200% effort, he runs at people, makes things happen, he gets shots away.
Just a thought.
Maybe someone has put something ‘recreational’ in my Easter egg LOL.
Old 19th April 2019, 21.18:02   #31-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuderz123 View Post

Grant isn't showing anywhere near League 1 player of the season form.

If he's going to show anything close to this he needs to hurry up, we haven't got long left.
Old 19th April 2019, 22.36:04   #32-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham_fan_4eva! View Post
I thought Holroyd done well
So do i
Old 19th April 2019, 22.44:52   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand (opposite the tunnell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teifi Red View Post
Once the regular season is over, Fondop will be back and available for the play offs
I'd be tempted to do it an all!!
Old 20th April 2019, 02.02:14   #34-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

I think Beavon should start, he’s the best of a bad bunch. We fliped up in January, this league was there for taking. We all know what will happen in the playoffs (again!)

See you in July Wheh we will get the usual tripe;

“Massive club” “I’m here to get promotion”
Old 20th April 2019, 07.02:54   #35-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
To be fair, they're making the best of what they've got. Tried something different against Barrow, and back-fired spectacularly. Under the circumstances, I think Hughes and Flynn are doing a great job.
Totally agree. The front three are not inspiring but as a unit they are disciplined and support their fullbacks in defence. Against nearly all teams in this league our safety first method works. Same goes for Wright. Its fashionable to slate him so why do we win with him in the engine room?

Its a fascinating option that Fondop could come back as supersub for the playoffs.
Old 20th April 2019, 07.15:02   #36-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

We struggle with whoever is up front and whoever’s managing so surely it comes from the coaching. We have a front 3 all with their backs to goal not 1 threaten in behind. Having said that I wouldn’t include Beavon in that, he’s our best attacking option by a country mile
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.02:12.