Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd April 2019, 10.48:55   #111-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Members of the Trust ARE fans. Some of them ARE elected to the Trust Board by other members. Some of those are appointed to the Club Board by the Trust Board.

Whichever way people argue about this, it IS the fans that elect the Club AND the Trust Boards.
And if you didn't vote for those on the trust board you aren't electing the football board, as I've said, I'm a member of another organisation we get a vote for all boards unless positions go uncontested.

How Wrexham AFC are run is how the EU is run, something that claims to be democratic which isn't. Therefore, it's harder to hold people to account. I didn't vote Tory, yet the Tories elected Juncker as president of the EU.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 22nd April 2019 at 10.51:20..
Old 22nd April 2019, 11.02:39   #112-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
And if you didn't vote for those on the trust board you aren't electing the football board, as I've said, I'm a member of another organisation we get a vote for all boards unless positions go uncontested.

How Wrexham AFC are run is how the EU is run, something that claims to be democratic which isn't. Therefore, it's harder to hold people to account. I didn't vote Tory, yet the Tories elected Juncker as president of the EU.
Do you get to elect the the government of the UK? Or is it appointed by the unelected PM (and actually ultimately by the unelected Queen)?
Old 22nd April 2019, 11.10:13   #113-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Is this linked to Bryn Law recently giving up his Sky job? He was being quite guarded / cryptic about his plans and heís recently been seen at the Racecourse. Or am I putting together 2+2+2 and getting something other than 6?
Old 22nd April 2019, 11.10:30   #114-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Do you get to elect the the government of the UK? Or is it appointed by the unelected PM (and actually ultimately by the unelected Queen)?
No, but I get a say, if people vote different to me nothing I can do about and just get on. That's democracy, the system you're arguing against hasn't done Barcelona or Real Madrid any harm, everyone being held to account with each fan getting a vote for each position.
Old 22nd April 2019, 11.11:26   #115-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
No, but I get a say, if people vote different to me nothing I can do about and just get on. That's democracy, the system you're arguing against hasn't done Barcelona or Real Madrid any harm, everyone being held to account with each fan getting a vote for each position.
As you do with the EU (if you vote, that is).
Old 22nd April 2019, 11.14:20   #116-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
As you do with the EU (if you vote, that is).
You don't get a say on the president, only country leaders do so. That's not democratic and only half baked, giving them too much protection from being held to account.

You didn't vote Tory, so may not be happy with whom Cameron voted for.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 22nd April 2019 at 11.15:28..
Old 22nd April 2019, 11.14:23   #117-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Is this linked to Bryn Law recently giving up his Sky job? He was being quite guarded / cryptic about his plans and heís recently been seen at the Racecourse. Or am I putting together 2+2+2 and getting something other than 6?
Didn't realise he wasn't with them any more. I'd assume he's been seen because he's now free on a Saturday so able to watch Wrexham?
Old 22nd April 2019, 11.23:09   #118-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
You don't get a say on the president, only country leaders do so. That's not democratic and only half baked, giving them too much protection from being held to account.

You didn't vote Tory, so may not be happy with whom Cameron voted for.
That isnít how it works. Country leaders didnít elect Juncker. Cameron didnít want him.

The European Council votes by qualified majority for a nominee for the post of President, taking account of the latest European elections. This proposal is then put before Parliament which must approve or veto the appointment. If an absolute majority of elected MEPs support the nominee, he/she is elected. The President then, together with the Council, puts forward his team to the Parliament to be scrutinised. The Parliament normally insists that each one of them appear before the parliamentary committee that corresponds to their prospective portfolio for a public hearing. The Parliament then votes on the Commission as a whole; if approved, the European Council, acting by a qualified majority, appoints the President and his team to office.

Anyway, this is a massive sidetrack. The point is that the way we do things at Wrexham is sensible and is how most organisations, whether they be companies or even western democracies, operate.
Old 22nd April 2019, 11.25:02   #119-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
No, I think Poole was when the WST were looking to buy. The one I'm thinking of was southern based.
Are you seriously going in to bat for Andy Smith? The con-man selling plots of land of to people to build on, knowing full well they could never be built on?

Those from the outside who got grief about their interest in the club all looked dodgy as hell.
Old 22nd April 2019, 11.27:55   #120-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
Are you seriously going in to bat for Andy Smith? The con-man selling plots of land of to people to build on, knowing full well they could never be built on?

Those from the outside who got grief about their interest in the club all looked dodgy as hell.
Not what I'm saying, they still jumped into bed with one later on with not a hint of remorse after. It never gets shown ever, no matter how many times mistakes are made.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.24:00.