RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Trust Board Vacancies (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113785-trust-board-vacancies.html)

pagl 24th April 2019 17.59:09

Re: Trust Board Vacancies

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2250946]Is there an option to still be considered a decent supporter AND allowed to moan now and again when we make suspect decisions, without having to be on the boards? Having kids, working long hours, coaching juniors, oh and finding time for the wife means I dont have the time. Which is why I sit in the middle I think.

I really appreciate the efforts of people who obviously do have the time. But this shut up or do it better is nonsense. If we win the play offs the digs will be aimed at the supporters who spoke their mind. If we dont go up it will be aimed at the supporters who defend the club no matter what.

If I put £50,000 a month into the Trust am I better than someone putting their last fiver a month in? Hell no. The quiet majority Id imagine want to pay and watch football and thats where I sit.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Some people have willingness, time and funds but some are limited by all. It doesn’t makes us/them better as fans and I am sure everyone just wants us to do better.

The fans that just wont accept the board made mistakes in Jan worries me. They must sit and nod along. Reports of how much a say CD has certainly sheds light on the Ricketts and Barrow affair. Not surprised by Oswell signing now but the money paid out for Oswell and Grant will be interesting.

Ruabon Red 24th April 2019 18.28:48

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2250935]looks like it's 4 places on the trust board with no current board member due for re election after all. (Unless someone knows better)
Below see the requirements for the candidates statements.

Candidates Statement
Please state in no less than 400 and no more than 1000 words why you wish to be elected onto the Trust Board. It’s usually helpful to focus more on your skills and how you could contribute to the Board’s work rather than the history of your support for the club. This will be your Candidates’ Address should a Board election be required and will be sent to all members. Please attach a continuation sheet, if necessary.
Your Statement should refer to the following:

Your Personal Details, Skills & Relevant Experience:
Your commitment to Wrexham Football Club and the principles of the supporter’s trust movement:
How you believe you could contribute to the work of the Trust Board:
Any other points you would like to make in support of your nomination:[/QUOTE]

Thanks QR, that's useful to an extent, but the specification is somewhat vague.
Interesting that there are no members up for re-election, so if they're not standing down, the board will increase by four.
There don't seem to be distinct roles that they are looking for so why four, not three or five or any other random number?
On a positive note, it's a real opportunity to refresh matters and shake things up a bit in a good way.

Quay Red 24th April 2019 19.07:30

[QUOTE=Ruabon Red;2250973]Thanks QR, that's useful to an extent, but the specification is somewhat vague.
Interesting that there are no members up for re-election, so if they're not standing down, the board will increase by four.
There don't seem to be distinct roles that they are looking for so why four, not three or five or any other random number?
On a positive note, it's a real opportunity to refresh matters and shake things up a bit in a good way.[/QUOTE]

Think that over the year a number of board members have packed in.
Others have been co opted to take their place.

WrexhamO 24th April 2019 19.51:10

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2250978]Think that over the year a number of board members have packed in.
Others have been co opted to take their place.[/QUOTE]

I only know of Richard Ulrich. Who else has gone this year?

From memory I think co opted members need to stand for election at the first opportunity.

Ruabon Red 25th April 2019 07.30:23

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2250988]I only know of Richard Ulrich. Who else has gone this year?

From memory I think co opted members need to stand for election at the first opportunity.[/QUOTE]

I think you'd be excellent on the board Steve and I for one would encourage you to stand.

cardiffred 25th April 2019 07.39:42

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2250946]Is there an option to still be considered a decent supporter AND allowed to moan now and again when we make suspect decisions, without having to be on the boards? Having kids, working long hours, coaching juniors, oh and finding time for the wife means I dont have the time. Which is why I sit in the middle I think. [/QUOTE]

I'd hope so. However for a fair few on here, it's not just moaning now and again. It's every post and it becomes tiresome.

WrexhamO 25th April 2019 09.56:31

[QUOTE=Ruabon Red;2251038]I think you'd be excellent on the board Steve and I for one would encourage you to stand.[/QUOTE]

That's very kind of you.

pagl 25th April 2019 14.57:12

[QUOTE=Ruabon Red;2251038]I think you'd be excellent on the board Steve and I for one would encourage you to stand.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and you would have my vote.

jonesfach 25th April 2019 15.50:02

[QUOTE=pagl;2251243]Agreed and you would have my vote.[/QUOTE]

Thirded. :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.32:52.