Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st April 2019, 18.31:56   #51-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Some supporters, it would appear have very short memories indeed - least we ever forget.

Better to have a club to support in the National League than no club at all.

If Hamilton had got his way the pitch could now be a retail park - doesn't bear thinking about.

We need to retain control 'for ever' and never go down that road again.
If your second paragraph is a reflection of the ambition of the majority for our club, we died in 2011 when the Trust took over. God forbid.
Old 21st April 2019, 19.08:24   #52-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Some supporters, it would appear have very short memories indeed - least we ever forget.

Better to have a club to support in the National League than no club at all.

If Hamilton had got his way the pitch could now be a retail park - doesn't bear thinking about.

We need to retain control 'for ever' and never go down that road again.
I remember the Second World War. Those damm Germans.

Thank goodness for Churchill.
Old 21st April 2019, 19.27:47   #53-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I think many have forgotten; the club in administration, massively in debt, haemeraging money hand over fist and losing its assets. The Trust may have taken a bit of time to pay off the debts, stabilise then turn things round financially but the last 2 seasons despite 2 managers upping sticks mid season progress has been made on the pitch.

Now is not the time to lose our bottle and give up on the Trust, or bail out as some are threatening, now is the time to see things through and fair play overall attendances have improved on the back of the team's winning form. We have been desperate for a shot at the play offs for the last 5 years and now we have that chance, we should embrace it.

Some forget a big portion of the trust okayed the splitting of assets despite the reservations of some trust members. Those with the reservation continuosly hammered a wedge between the WST and Moss & Roberts.

They also forget the WST approached local business owners ( their only preference) to takeover the club landing us with Moss & Dickens.

Never a hint of remorse with how things panned out - pointing out how much income we'd make if it all went to plan instead- and always airbrushed out of our history, but as I was told, 'that's life'.

Still fighting fires today, with some involved still involved to this day and still showing no remorse what so ever for any of the most recent events.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 21st April 2019 at 19.29:32..
Old 21st April 2019, 19.44:07   #54-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Some forget a big portion of the trust okayed the splitting of assets despite the reservations of some trust members. Those with the reservation continuosly hammered a wedge between the WST and Moss & Roberts.
Can you elaborate on this please. Did the Trust “ok” this before or after they took ownership of the club? If it was before, what power did the trust have to “ok” it? Did Moss and Roberts need the trust to “ok” it.

Genuinely interested.
Old 21st April 2019, 20.20:31   #55-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Can you elaborate on this please. Did the Trust “ok” this before or after they took ownership of the club? If it was before, what power did the trust have to “ok” it? Did Moss and Roberts need the trust to “ok” it.

Genuinely interested.
They backed it at a time when trying to get a stake, certainly some representaion on the board. I'm sure it was said at the time things could be done to stop the whole thing.

They need the fans blessing, otherwise protests like seen at Blackpool.

It was the WST who backed and invited them to make a bid in the first place.

They had the WST's blessing.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 21st April 2019 at 20.24:09..
Old 21st April 2019, 20.44:20   #56-0 (permalink)

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
They backed it at a time when trying to get a stake, certainly some representaion on the board. I'm sure it was said at the time things could be done to stop the whole thing.

They need the fans blessing, otherwise protests like seen at Blackpool.

It was the WST who backed and invited them to make a bid in the first place.

They had the WST's blessing.
What would’ve happened if the WST hadn’t backed splitting the assets? Would moss had kept the assets as one? Let’s remember the assets belonged to Moss/Dickens, not the WST.

When you say the Trust backed and invited them (Moss/Dickens) to make a bid. So what? Who were the trust then? They were a fledgling fans group with about £300k in cash. £300k which moss tried his utmost to prize away.

The trust backed Moss and Dickens (latterly Roberts). On the face of it, it was entirely the right move (what was the alternative?). Local businessmen who seemingly had the football club’s interest at heart. Had things happened differently, it might have worked out but Saunders never got results with the car park money.
Old 21st April 2019, 20.56:44   #57-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
What would’ve happened if the WST hadn’t backed splitting the assets? Would moss had kept the assets as one? Let’s remember the assets belonged to Moss/Dickens, not the WST.

When you say the Trust backed and invited them (Moss/Dickens) to make a bid. So what? Who were the trust then? They were a fledgling fans group with about £300k in cash. £300k which moss tried his utmost to prize away.

The trust backed Moss and Dickens (latterly Roberts). On the face of it, it was entirely the right move (what was the alternative?). Local businessmen who seemingly had the football club’s interest at heart. Had things happened differently, it might have worked out but Saunders never got results with the car park money.
I highly doubt the flats would've been built, nobody crosses Wrexham fans and even if the land sold many developers wouldn't touch it with a barge poll knowing the strength of feelings.

So what? Preferring only local business owners chasing of anyone from out of town, who knows somebody more viable may have been waiting in the wings and thought ' f*ck that'.

The WST were told by prominent members not to trust Moss in particular at all, they didn't listen and jumped into bed with him.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 21st April 2019 at 20.59:19..
Old 21st April 2019, 21.01:03   #58-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
This post in a nutshell is why we're the longest National league club and why clubs like Tranmere Leyton only stay down here a season.

Happy to stay in the National league until we have gates like clubs we call tinpot because without ambition a football club if nothing especially when leaving winning aside the football on display would of been classed as a pub league yrs ago.

I hear your point but Hamilton is long gone and not every private owner is a Crook else every club in the leagues above would be bust.

Ask yourself why Blackpool, Bolton, Notts County don't say sod this let the trust run the club? Why haven't Chesterfield done it? They will probably be up there next season.

Never let the past rule your life just don't be afraid and learn from mistakes.
Posted via mobile theme

You mention Notts County. There is an interesting lesson in Trust run ownership.
Old 21st April 2019, 21.25:17   #59-0 (permalink)

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
I highly doubt the flats would've been built, nobody crosses Wrexham fans and even if the land sold many developers wouldn't touch it with a barge poll knowing the strength of feelings.

So what? Preferring only local business owners chasing of anyone from out of town, who knows somebody more viable may have been waiting in the wings and thought ' f*ck that'.

The WST were told by prominent members not to trust Moss in particular at all, they didn't listen and jumped into bed with him.
You make out the Trust decided to sell to Moss.

My understanding (and I’m dredging my memory here) is there were limited interested parties in purchasing Wrexham FC and the trust backed Geoff Moss and Neville Dickens. You say the trust were warned, I’ll have to take your word for that because I can bet that you cannot provide any evidence to that effect.

You seem to attach significant weight to the trust before they owned the club. Again, I am recalling things from some 10 years ago, however, the trust weren't what they are now in terms of numbers and assets.

If the trust did back Moss and Dickens, it didn’t really carry much in the years to follow as they were continually at each others throats and Moss was forever trying to get the 300k which the trust had.
Old 21st April 2019, 21.35:24   #60-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Does anyone know:-
1 Which WST board members are standing for re-election?
2 Which resolutions are being proposed by the Board and if they are likely to show a willingness to recognise dissatisfaction amongst the membership and desire for new blood on the WAFC board?
There are several regular posters on here who appear to be spokesmen for WST when there is any criticism of the way the Trust/Club is run. Can one of them answer my questions please?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.14:49.