Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st April 2019, 20.20:31   #55-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Can you elaborate on this please. Did the Trust “ok” this before or after they took ownership of the club? If it was before, what power did the trust have to “ok” it? Did Moss and Roberts need the trust to “ok” it.

Genuinely interested.
They backed it at a time when trying to get a stake, certainly some representaion on the board. I'm sure it was said at the time things could be done to stop the whole thing.

They need the fans blessing, otherwise protests like seen at Blackpool.

It was the WST who backed and invited them to make a bid in the first place.

They had the WST's blessing.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 21st April 2019 at 20.24:09..
Old 21st April 2019, 20.44:20   #56-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
They backed it at a time when trying to get a stake, certainly some representaion on the board. I'm sure it was said at the time things could be done to stop the whole thing.

They need the fans blessing, otherwise protests like seen at Blackpool.

It was the WST who backed and invited them to make a bid in the first place.

They had the WST's blessing.
What would’ve happened if the WST hadn’t backed splitting the assets? Would moss had kept the assets as one? Let’s remember the assets belonged to Moss/Dickens, not the WST.

When you say the Trust backed and invited them (Moss/Dickens) to make a bid. So what? Who were the trust then? They were a fledgling fans group with about £300k in cash. £300k which moss tried his utmost to prize away.

The trust backed Moss and Dickens (latterly Roberts). On the face of it, it was entirely the right move (what was the alternative?). Local businessmen who seemingly had the football club’s interest at heart. Had things happened differently, it might have worked out but Saunders never got results with the car park money.
Old 21st April 2019, 20.56:44   #57-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
What would’ve happened if the WST hadn’t backed splitting the assets? Would moss had kept the assets as one? Let’s remember the assets belonged to Moss/Dickens, not the WST.

When you say the Trust backed and invited them (Moss/Dickens) to make a bid. So what? Who were the trust then? They were a fledgling fans group with about £300k in cash. £300k which moss tried his utmost to prize away.

The trust backed Moss and Dickens (latterly Roberts). On the face of it, it was entirely the right move (what was the alternative?). Local businessmen who seemingly had the football club’s interest at heart. Had things happened differently, it might have worked out but Saunders never got results with the car park money.
I highly doubt the flats would've been built, nobody crosses Wrexham fans and even if the land sold many developers wouldn't touch it with a barge poll knowing the strength of feelings.

So what? Preferring only local business owners chasing of anyone from out of town, who knows somebody more viable may have been waiting in the wings and thought ' f*ck that'.

The WST were told by prominent members not to trust Moss in particular at all, they didn't listen and jumped into bed with him.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 21st April 2019 at 20.59:19..
Old 21st April 2019, 21.01:03   #58-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
This post in a nutshell is why we're the longest National league club and why clubs like Tranmere Leyton only stay down here a season.

Happy to stay in the National league until we have gates like clubs we call tinpot because without ambition a football club if nothing especially when leaving winning aside the football on display would of been classed as a pub league yrs ago.

I hear your point but Hamilton is long gone and not every private owner is a Crook else every club in the leagues above would be bust.

Ask yourself why Blackpool, Bolton, Notts County don't say sod this let the trust run the club? Why haven't Chesterfield done it? They will probably be up there next season.

Never let the past rule your life just don't be afraid and learn from mistakes.
Posted via mobile theme

You mention Notts County. There is an interesting lesson in Trust run ownership.
Old 21st April 2019, 21.25:17   #59-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
I highly doubt the flats would've been built, nobody crosses Wrexham fans and even if the land sold many developers wouldn't touch it with a barge poll knowing the strength of feelings.

So what? Preferring only local business owners chasing of anyone from out of town, who knows somebody more viable may have been waiting in the wings and thought ' f*ck that'.

The WST were told by prominent members not to trust Moss in particular at all, they didn't listen and jumped into bed with him.
You make out the Trust decided to sell to Moss.

My understanding (and I’m dredging my memory here) is there were limited interested parties in purchasing Wrexham FC and the trust backed Geoff Moss and Neville Dickens. You say the trust were warned, I’ll have to take your word for that because I can bet that you cannot provide any evidence to that effect.

You seem to attach significant weight to the trust before they owned the club. Again, I am recalling things from some 10 years ago, however, the trust weren't what they are now in terms of numbers and assets.

If the trust did back Moss and Dickens, it didn’t really carry much in the years to follow as they were continually at each others throats and Moss was forever trying to get the 300k which the trust had.
Old 21st April 2019, 21.35:24   #60-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Does anyone know:-
1 Which WST board members are standing for re-election?
2 Which resolutions are being proposed by the Board and if they are likely to show a willingness to recognise dissatisfaction amongst the membership and desire for new blood on the WAFC board?
There are several regular posters on here who appear to be spokesmen for WST when there is any criticism of the way the Trust/Club is run. Can one of them answer my questions please?
Old 21st April 2019, 21.40:53   #61-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
You make out the Trust decided to sell to Moss.

My understanding (and I’m dredging my memory here) is there were limited interested parties in purchasing Wrexham FC and the trust backed Geoff Moss and Neville Dickens. You say the trust were warned, I’ll have to take your word for that because I can bet that you cannot provide any evidence to that effect.

You seem to attach significant weight to the trust before they owned the club. Again, I am recalling things from some 10 years ago, however, the trust weren't what they are now in terms of numbers and assets.

If the trust did back Moss and Dickens, it didn’t really carry much in the years to follow as they were continually at each others throats and Moss was forever trying to get the 300k which the trust had.
The WST preferred local only and chased off anyone else. Fans camped outside a perspective buyers home until he pulled out because he want local.

When I say trust warned on Moss, it's in relation to splitting assets, by some within the WST hence me saying they kept driving in a wedge between both sides complicating things further.

Of course they backed them, they invited them to make a bid, backed their ownership bid and splitting of assets, don't try to rewrite history.

You don't believe they couldn't have done a leveraged buyout? It was the WST who dreamt up what became Wrexham Village, throw in the income generated from the membership plus flats and it seems feasible to me.

I don't make out anything either, but you're a fan of using such tactics when things get uncomfortable.

Also ask yourself why Dickens left around 18 months after the takeover like he promised his consortium would, expect Moss never did not put the shares up for sale. Tells you all you need to know about Moss and if I remember correctly that was before the assets were split, yet it was still backed.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 21st April 2019 at 21.52:43..
Old 21st April 2019, 21.49:10   #62-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Some supporters, it would appear have very short memories indeed - least we ever forget.

Better to have a club to support in the National League than no club at all.

If Hamilton had got his way the pitch could now be a retail park - doesn't bear thinking about.

We need to retain control 'for ever' and never go down that road again.
There is no better advert for radical change. Leaving the club in the National League has not saved it.

It is no use looking backwards at this through the rear end. The debate really needs a forward looking approach. The past is relevant but only to the history books. What matters is where we go to from here. Currently the situation is rudderless.
Old 21st April 2019, 21.56:52   #63-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
The WST preferred local only and chased off anyone else. Fans camped outside a perspective buyers home until he pulled out because he want local.
While I tend to agree with some of the comments you’re making regarding Moss, am I right in thinking you’re referring here to Colin Poole, who went bankrupt a few years ago owing £22 million?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.24:41.