Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st April 2019, 13.59:55   #19-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
What’s the background to this post? Are you pushing put up or shut up?

Having an opinion in no way goes hand in hand with putting yourself forward for a board position.
Given all the trust diehards on here you would expect a queue of nominees to stretch down Crispin Lane
Old 21st April 2019, 14.05:02   #20-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
Lowers the level of debate don't you think?
Just read your next post , are you having a bad day?

You say lowers the level of debate....and you opened the thread about moaners, they are moaning because they aren't happy with the way the clubs run.

It like Brexit... Brexiteers call those who don't fall into line remoaners when they just happen to disagree (I'm a Brexiteer but listen to both points)

If everyone followed like lemmings we would all go over the cliff.

Yes I take back my last post it was OTT.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st April 2019, 14.49:22   #21-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
You say lowers the level of debate....and you opened the thread about moaners, they are moaning because they aren't happy with the way the clubs run.

It like Brexit... Brexiteers call those who don't fall into line remoaners when they just happen to disagree (I'm a Brexiteer but listen to both points)

If everyone followed like lemmings we would all go over the cliff.

Yes I take back my last post it was OTT.
Posted via mobile theme
What is your role on this thread? It appears you simply want to derail it by arguing with those who aren’t foaming with rage against the club.
Old 21st April 2019, 14.52:29   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Out of interest

What skills, knowledge and experience does an individual need, to become a WST board member
What hours do they have to put in
Do you need to be able to attend every home and away game

Then
As a WST board member what is the role and responsibilities

Anyone in the know able to advise, or is all the info accessible somewhere ?
Old 21st April 2019, 15.11:08   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonplny View Post
Out of interest

What skills, knowledge and experience does an individual need, to become a WST board member
What hours do they have to put in
Do you need to be able to attend every home and away game

Then
As a WST board member what is the role and responsibilities

Anyone in the know able to advise, or is all the info accessible somewhere ?
As long as you are willing to put the hours in you don't need any specific skills thats the gist I get from looking at the current board members based on how they have perfomed over the past couple of seasons.
Old 21st April 2019, 15.18:44   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
What’s the background to this post? Are you pushing put up or shut up?

Having an opinion in no way goes hand in hand with putting yourself forward for a board position.

No background or ulterior motive. Just stating a fact for the constant negative moaners. I didn't say put up or shut up but now you mention it.
There seems to be a small clique of people who repeat the same negative points on thread after thread. This just seems a golden opportunity for them to attempt to get into a position where they can make their views known in a way that might have an influence on the way the Trust (and then the football club) is run.
Old 21st April 2019, 15.19:38   #25-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
What is your role on this thread? It appears you simply want to derail it by arguing with those who aren’t foaming with rage against the club.

What's your role on this thread? It appears you wanting to argue with those who don't agree with you.

I'm not arguing with anyone, the thread though the op started off the negativity having a dig at those who don't follow the flock.

It's an opinions forum for fans to make their points, just because it is opposite to your opinion you call it moaning.

Are all those marching over climate change moaners?
Are all those army men and women marching over the victimisation of ex personnel in Ireland moaners.

2 sides to every story.

In reply to the Trust board vacancies they will most likely already be sorted, in the what Foxy calls a clique.

And no I'm not interested I'm to old to be doing any of that and don't live near enough..... Plus even though a member if at the end of the season the cock ups after Ricketts nobody above offers an apology then I won't renew.

Spin it how you like they have probably cost us automatic promotion.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 21st April 2019 at 15.22:00..
Old 21st April 2019, 15.34:54   #26-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
As long as you are willing to put the hours in you don't need any specific skills thats the gist I get from looking at the current board members based on how they have perfomed over the past couple of seasons.
Why don't all the dissenters on RP etc., look at the information linked here:

Notice of WST Annual General Meeting 2019

It tells you how to be nominated as a Trust Board candidate, explains the distinction between a Club Board director and a Trust Board member, and also outlines the job specification too. It's much more than just "putting in the hours" and the people who will elect any new Board Members are the fans themselves - all members have a vote that they can cast at the AGM
if they attend, or online prior to the AGM.

No need for snide remarks about various abilities - if you don't think the candidates are qualified to match the job specification when you read their Candidates' Statements, don't vote for them. If you think you would like the job yourself, submit your own nomination, or nominate someone else that you would be happy with seeing on the Board.

The link also explains how you can submit a Resolution to the AGM (detailing how you believe things should be run, for example.)
Old 21st April 2019, 15.49:01   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Why don't all the dissenters on RP etc., look at the information linked here:

Notice of WST Annual General Meeting 2019

It tells you how to be nominated as a Trust Board candidate, explains the distinction between a Club Board director and a Trust Board member, and also outlines the job specification too. It's much more than just "putting in the hours" and the people who will elect any new Board Members are the fans themselves - all members have a vote that they can cast at the AGM
if they attend, or online prior to the AGM.

No need for snide remarks about various abilities - if you don't think the candidates are qualified to match the job specification when you read their Candidates' Statements, don't vote for them. If you think you would like the job yourself, submit your own nomination, or nominate someone else that you would be happy with seeing on the Board.

The link also explains how you can submit a Resolution to the AGM (detailing how you believe things should be run, for example.)
The remarks are in relation to the football board, which is selected amongst themselves and the WST board. If you didn't vote for those on the WST board you aren't really voting for those later selected to be on the football board.

The way it's done is like with the EU, Country leaders selecting who they want not whom the people want. It doesn't work with the EU and it certainly won't with a football club. Too many with self interests.

I'm a member of another organisation and we get a vote on all boards and it's members, unless they go uncontested for a role like president normally one candidate is put forward by the boards and a vote is done. All 120K members get a say unless uncontested on all positions, should they make a pig's ear of it it's far easier to give them the boot too.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 21st April 2019 at 15.54:08..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.49:25.