Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st April 2019, 22.01:19   #64-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
While I tend to agree with some of the comments you’re making regarding Moss, am I right in thinking you’re referring here to Colin Poole, who went bankrupt a few years ago owing £22 million?
No, I think Poole was when the WST were looking to buy. The one I'm thinking of was southern based.
Old 21st April 2019, 22.10:16   #65-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold rd

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2249766]No, I think Poole was when the WST were looking to buy. The one I'm thinking of was southern based.
Swampy and we marched through Woking as he had offices there.
Old 21st April 2019, 22.11:20   #66-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
No, I think Poole was when the WST were looking to buy. The one I'm thinking of was southern based.
Cleeve?
Old 21st April 2019, 22.13:38   #67-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
The WST preferred local only and chased off anyone else. Fans camped outside a perspective buyers home until he pulled out because he want local.

When I say trust warned on Moss, it's in relation to splitting assets, by some within the WST hence me saying they kept driving in a wedge between both sides complicating things further.

Of course they backed them, they invited them to make a bid, backed their ownership bid and splitting of assets, don't try to rewrite history.

You don't believe they couldn't have done a leveraged buyout? It was the WST who dreamt up what became Wrexham Village, throw in the income generated from the membership plus flats and it seems feasible to me.

I don't make out anything either, but you're a fan of using such tactics when things get uncomfortable.

Also ask yourself why Dickens left around 18 months after the takeover like he promised his consortium would, expect Moss never did not put the shares up for sale. Tells you all you need to know about Moss and if I remember correctly that was before the assets were split, yet it was still backed.
Firstly, things are not uncomfortable for me. I am entirely happy with the ownership of my football club. You’re not and that’s your problem.

The Trust were never in a position to buy the club when it had land. When it was just a football club leveraged in debt could the trust take over.

If what you say about the trust supporting the Wrexham village model ownership, this could have only have been for the benefit of the football club. We can all talk in hindsight but in my opinion, once Wrexham village was created, it’s significantly diminished Wrexham football club.

Perhaps something we can seemingly agree on is the type of person Geoff Moss is/was whilst at Wrexham football club. My principal memories of his tenure were:

a) loans against assets (land);
b) trying to get hold of the Trust’s £300k; and
c) not selling shares to the Trust.
Old 21st April 2019, 22.21:32   #68-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
There is no better advert for radical change. Leaving the club in the National League has not saved it.

It is no use looking backwards at this through the rear end. The debate really needs a forward looking approach. The past is relevant but only to the history books. What matters is where we go to from here. Currently the situation is rudderless.
That is unlikely to change in the near future.

Increasingly many and perhaps most fans are aware the current WST stranglehold is "for ever"and hence the apparent increase in apathy.

For ever = no change. Actually things will change, drifting like a cork in the sea. Far better to embrace it proactively. Actually the high risk strategy is no change at all ever.
Old 21st April 2019, 22.25:08   #69-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Firstly, things are not uncomfortable for me. I am entirely happy with the ownership of my football club. You’re not and that’s your problem.

The Trust were never in a position to buy the club when it had land. When it was just a football club leveraged in debt could the trust take over.

If what you say about the trust supporting the Wrexham village model ownership, this could have only have been for the benefit of the football club. We can all talk in hindsight but in my opinion, once Wrexham village was created, it’s significantly diminished Wrexham football club.

Perhaps something we can seemingly agree on is the type of person Geoff Moss is/was whilst at Wrexham football club. My principal memories of his tenure were:

a) loans against assets (land);
b) trying to get hold of the Trust’s £300k; and
c) not selling shares to the Trust.
They backed it while knowing what a crook Moss was, the WST meeting about the proposal was little more than two groups of people crowing at each other pretending to be hard. While getting distracted from the real issue and finding a way forward.

So the trust couldn't have done a leveraged buyout like the Glazers famously did? I think they could've.

Nothing but blind faith in those running things back then and some currently still are, little wonder were in the mess we are now.

A rod made for our own backs being far too militant for fear of redevelopers, yet jumped into bed with one anyway.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 21st April 2019 at 22.29:37..
Old 21st April 2019, 22.27:41   #70-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
Cleeve?
One of them tried to buy Plymouth, Cleeve tried buying from Moss & Roberts.
Old 21st April 2019, 22.28:40   #71-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I think many have forgotten; the club in administration, massively in debt, haemeraging money hand over fist and losing its assets. The Trust may have taken a bit of time to pay off the debts, stabilise then turn things round financially but the last 2 seasons despite 2 managers upping sticks mid season progress has been made on the pitch.

Now is not the time to lose our bottle and give up on the Trust, or bail out as some are threatening, now is the time to see things through and fair play overall attendances have improved on the back of the team's winning form. We have been desperate for a shot at the play offs for the last 5 years and now we have that chance, we should embrace it.
We won’t win in the playoffs this team isn’t good enough.
Old 21st April 2019, 22.32:43   #72-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Andy Smith if I remember correctly. Nothing came of it I’m sure he didn’t really have £££

Just found this now
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/4120020.stm

Last edited by crazywelsh; 21st April 2019 at 22.34:03..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.27:44.