Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd April 2019, 09.20:22   #100-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
The truth is more prosaic than that, that the silent majority aren’t worrying their heads about any of this. They might grumble a bit to each other after a defeat but aside from that just pay their subs to get a cheaper season ticket and leave it there for 12 months. There’s no greater measure of satisfaction or otherwise than how many people are coming to games, and this is as healthy as it has been in my time watching the team. All the other hand wringing happens online but otherwise doesn’t affect anything.
Many memberships have lapsed, no gentle reminders, others aren't renewing or won't be rejoing until they see improvement.
We can't and this is the point many keep making afford not to grow all revenue streams.

It may be possible under FIFA rules to give ourselves more protection for the CoE, nothings been mentioned on that and I highly doubt it's been looked into. A board member is on this forum often enough to have seen it mentioned. Again another area where some investment in time at least is needed to generate greater returns, players graduating to the first team.

Signing players on loan, mostly unfit and expecting them to slot in right away with no game time, again some time spent arranging some friendlies would, even against Lex Glyndwr midweek is better than nothing. The youth sides get games through simply asking on twitter.

We simply don't invest in ourselves enough, and it's showing now.

Haven't attendances dropped recently too?
Old 22nd April 2019, 09.21:24   #101-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Its a puzzle. Growing membership has to be one of our main priorities (maybe Strategy 2021 can be started). To do this we have to improve communication.
Fans do want to see a sense of purpose for their money. I know a lot of members (me included) pay more than the £1 the month and I have suggested ideas on improvements but as I have been told the WST know better than me so hopefully they can improve this with their greater skills.
Selling ‘shares’ or whatever its called does open up a private investor debate so maybe we should be looking to improve different areas first, generate more financial stability and then improve again.

I see the changes and improvements starting at WAFC board but I know many will disagree.
Interesting that shares haven't even been offered to fans to raise the capital to help get out the league, the club could buy them back gradually over many years.

A fan could potentially sit on the Football board, but that may ruffle too many feathers and I doubt they'd like that. Or a consortium of fans with them electing one of the consortium to sit on the board.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 22nd April 2019 at 09.23:29..
Old 22nd April 2019, 09.29:24   #102-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Its a puzzle. Growing membership has to be one of our main priorities (maybe Strategy 2021 can be started). To do this we have to improve communication.
Fans do want to see a sense of purpose for their money. I know a lot of members (me included) pay more than the £1 the month and I have suggested ideas on improvements but as I have been told the WST know better than me so hopefully they can improve this with their greater skills.
Selling ‘shares’ or whatever its called does open up a private investor debate so maybe we should be looking to improve different areas first, generate more financial stability and then improve again.

I see the changes and improvements starting at WAFC board but I know many will disagree.
Totally agree that there should a reorganisation of the club board. They’ve done an excellent on the finances but have showed their lack of experience regarding football matters, especially in the last 12 months. I’d like to see a DOF appointed ( possibly Flynn) to run the football side.
Old 22nd April 2019, 09.33:04   #103-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Many memberships have lapsed, no gentle reminders, others aren't renewing or won't be rejoing until they see improvement.
We can't and this is the point many keep making afford not to grow all revenue streams.

It may be possible under FIFA rules to give ourselves more protection for the CoE, nothings been mentioned on that and I highly doubt it's been looked into. A board member is on this forum often enough to have seen it mentioned. Again another area where some investment in time at least is needed to generate greater returns, players graduating to the first team.

Signing players on loan, mostly unfit and expecting them to slot in right away with no game time, again some time spent arranging some friendlies would, even against Lex Glyndwr midweek is better than nothing. The youth sides get games through simply asking on twitter.

We simply don't invest in ourselves enough, and it's showing now.

Haven't attendances dropped recently too?
You’ll get no argument from me on the lack of football strategy, especially youth - in the failures column that is easily the biggest.

As far as attendances go you can only really measure it over a season, and there it looks decent; that getting 3600 on a day with mitigating factors stunned people shows the progress made/maintained there.

Lapsed memberships not being chased up does seem to be a common gripe. I would only say that considering the benefits of having it each year for season ticket holders that it is considered a waste of resources to chase people who have “forgotten”; I doubt many will be swayed by being badgered. That’s just my take though, and it can be argued that any other business where you drop off the edge does chase you up.
Old 22nd April 2019, 09.39:28   #104-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
You’ll get no argument from me on the lack of football strategy, especially youth - in the failures column that is easily the biggest.

As far as attendances go you can only really measure it over a season, and there it looks decent; that getting 3600 on a day with mitigating factors stunned people shows the progress made/maintained there.

Lapsed memberships not being chased up does seem to be a common gripe. I would only say that considering the benefits of having it each year for season ticket holders that it is considered a waste of resources to chase people who have “forgotten”; I doubt many will be swayed by being badgered. That’s just my take though, and it can be argued that any other business where you drop off the edge does chase you up.
A bit more investment in key areas could go a long way to increasing turnover by £500k, some of it simply needs more time spent on it. Which is why the current Football board desicion to limp on with reduced numbers is utterly bizarre.
Old 22nd April 2019, 09.57:51   #105-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Interesting that shares haven't even been offered to fans to raise the capital to help get out the league, the club could buy them back gradually over many years.

A fan could potentially sit on the Football board, but that may ruffle too many feathers and I doubt they'd like that. Or a consortium of fans with them electing one of the consortium to sit on the board.
Members of the Trust ARE fans. Some of them ARE elected to the Trust Board by other members. Some of those are appointed to the Club Board by the Trust Board.

Whichever way people argue about this, it IS the fans that elect the Club AND the Trust Boards.
Old 22nd April 2019, 10.07:35   #106-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

When you say the fans elected the Club Board.Can you remind me how long each board member is elected for? Plus can you also remind me how many votes each club board member had in the election
Old 22nd April 2019, 10.22:14   #107-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
Members of the Trust ARE fans. Some of them ARE elected to the Trust Board by other members. Some of those are appointed to the Club Board by the Trust Board.

Whichever way people argue about this, it IS the fans that elect the Club AND the Trust Boards.
Eh ? It is a proportion of the fans, actually a minority given that most aren’t members of the WST.
Old 22nd April 2019, 10.27:02   #108-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Directly electing people to run an organisation is never a good idea, because those who stand may not have the required skills, or the group as a whole may not have the required breadth of skills. That is why other successful cooperatives don’t generally do it. As an example, the Co-op retailer (the Co-operative Group) has an elected group board, but is run by an Executive Management Team, appointed by the board.

Chester was run by a directly elected board and it didn’t turn out well, for the reasons mentioned above.

Of course things aren’t perfect at our club. We have made mistakes but who doesn’t? We are, however, doing things sensibly here. I feel even more strongly that is the case when I see the likes of Ebbsfleet potentially going under because they have been run so badly.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.24:04.