Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th April 2019, 20.44:46   #190-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo View Post
You're right, except you're also wrong. The WST does need to identify required skill sets, and if suitable candidates don't exist they need to find them, first choice co opt, second choice pay them. Do without is not an option.
Candidates can't be preselected, filteted or approved by the existing board, because that just closes down new ideas.
So true, I was interviewing for a new member of staff the other year and out of 75 candidates I got just five in for an interview and never took anyone of them on as none would of fitted in with the business. I called my staff together and we covered the demand and then we reaped the rewards.
Old 25th April 2019, 20.44:57   #191-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea

Quote:
You're right, except you're also wrong. The WST does need to identify required skill sets, and if suitable candidates don't exist they need to find them, first choice co opt, second choice pay them. Do without is not an option.
Candidates can't be preselected, filteted or approved by the existing board, because that just closes down new ideas.
To clarify my earlier response, I wasn't suggesting candidates should be filtered or pre-selected (other than potential candidates filtering themselves by virtue of not having the necessary attributes).

I don't realistically expect the Board to go through the processing of identifying their individual and collective shortcomings; it could be an uncomfortable process for some.
Old 25th April 2019, 20.49:42   #192-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
To clarify my earlier response, I wasn't suggesting candidates should be filtered or pre-selected (other than potential candidates filtering themselves by virtue of not having the necessary attributes).

I don't realistically expect the Board to go through the processing of identifying their individual and collective shortcomings; it could be an uncomfortable process for some.

RP could help, it would make a great thread.
Old 25th April 2019, 20.57:35   #193-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

I don't doubt the Board's commitment, long-standing support and desire to see us back in the League.

The Board members have in the main been elected by their fellow fans following many years of following the club, home and away, volunteering, fund-raising, sponsoring etc etc.

They therefore all come from a relatively small pool of individuals who have known one another for a reasonable length of time and are, to one degree or another `mates'.

As such, they will tend to make decisions based on a common consensus, with plain speaking and fundamental disagreements on likely to be rare.

Therein lies an intrinsic weakness
Old 25th April 2019, 21.22:01   #194-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
I don't doubt the Board's commitment, long-standing support and desire to see us back in the League.

The Board members have in the main been elected by their fellow fans following many years of following the club, home and away, volunteering, fund-raising, sponsoring etc etc.

They therefore all come from a relatively small pool of individuals who have known one another for a reasonable length of time and are, to one degree or another `mates'.

As such, they will tend to make decisions based on a common consensus, with plain speaking and fundamental disagreements on likely to be rare.

Therein lies an intrinsic weakness
I think that changed quickly when Dave Roberts and Phil Jones left.
I don't know the board, but MW clearly has a vital skill, as does GS. I'm not sure that SH being HR in industry is transferable to football but the current board have learned a lot over the past 10 years and are by no means inexperienced amateurs playing football manager.
It is however wrong to assume anyone WST or WFC is irreplaceable. They all came spparently from nowhere when the WST took over, and I am confident that should anyone leave there are more skilled candidates waiting to be called on.
That said, like I expect a manager to have all important positions covered, so should the board.
Old 25th April 2019, 21.43:33   #195-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

We clearly agree Vambo.
I don't know the Board (who's GS by the way?) and I want to be clear that I'm not criticising any individuals, rather the process by which they came to be where they are.

As you rightly state they `came from nowhere' when the WST took over, likely through putting themselves forward, commitment and force of personality. It would be amazing if they also happened to have the full range of skills between them.
Old 26th April 2019, 00.02:53   #196-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
We clearly agree Vambo.
I don't know the Board (who's GS by the way?) and I want to be clear that I'm not criticising any individuals, rather the process by which they came to be where they are.

As you rightly state they `came from nowhere' when the WST took over, likely through putting themselves forward, commitment and force of personality. It would be amazing if they also happened to have the full range of skills between them.
Geoff Scott?
Old 26th April 2019, 11.01:43   #197-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster1982 View Post
Geoff Scott?
Not on the Board as far as I know, I thought Geoff was an employee of the club?
Old 26th April 2019, 12.46:19   #198-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I think that changed quickly when Dave Roberts and Phil Jones left.
I don't know the board, but MW clearly has a vital skill, as does GS. I'm not sure that SH being HR in industry is transferable to football but the current board have learned a lot over the past 10 years and are by no means inexperienced amateurs playing football manager.
It is however wrong to assume anyone WST or WFC is irreplaceable. They all came spparently from nowhere when the WST took over, and I am confident that should anyone leave there are more skilled candidates waiting to be called on.
That said, like I expect a manager to have all important positions covered, so should the board.
Have to say that the WFC board did not 'Come from nowhere' as you suggest. The core were WST board members for a good few years and one was key in managing the WST web site. Indeed some were involved during the years of the troubles and that goes back a good while.
The same people have been fairly constant on the WST board as well.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.44:07.