RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Trust Board Vacancies (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113785-trust-board-vacancies.html)

Wirral Red 21st April 2019 11.11:13

Trust Board Vacancies

At last a chance for all the moaners on here to do something positive.
There are four vacancies on the WST board coming up for election in June.
If you don't like Spencer , the way things are being run , catering , procedures for selecting the manager etc here's your chance to do something positive.
I know some will say it's the football club board which makes some of these decisions but this could be a way on to it , or at least a way to give your views some credibility.
A slate of four of the biggest moaners on here could have a joint manifesto , it would be interesting to see how much support they'd get.

crazywelsh 21st April 2019 11.50:05

Re: Trust Board Vacancies

Something positive would be a clear cut offer of the wst put the club (or atleast 51% of it up for sale).

We won’t go up via the play offs, the agm will be smoke and mirrors with the only real issues raised will be oh let’s make the club more exclusive as we are a community ran club. It’s boring now this whole seven years of trust ownership has been Terrible on the field quite possibly some of the worst players we have ever had. I have no faith in them at taking us forward, as it stalled in the first season of trust ownership.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 12.11:21

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249640]Something positive would be a clear cut offer of the wst put the club (or atleast 51% of it up for sale).

We won’t go up via the play offs, the agm will be smoke and mirrors with the only real issues raised will be oh let’s make the club more exclusive as we are a community ran club. It’s boring now this whole seven years of trust ownership has been Terrible on the field quite possibly some of the worst players we have ever had. I have no faith in them at taking us forward, as it stalled in the first season of trust ownership.[/QUOTE]

What’s the alternative for you personally? You seem so disconnected with this club.

basdragon 21st April 2019 12.19:51

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249640]Something positive would be a clear cut offer of the wst put the club (or atleast 51% of it up for sale).

We won’t go up via the play offs, the agm will be smoke and mirrors with the only real issues raised will be oh let’s make the club more exclusive as we are a community ran club. It’s boring now this whole seven years of trust ownership has been Terrible on the field quite possibly some of the worst players we have ever had. I have no faith in them at taking us forward, as it stalled in the first season of trust ownership.[/QUOTE]

A good chance for you to do something about it ?

John Neals Dynasty 21st April 2019 12.20:05

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249642]What’s the alternative for you personally? You seem so disconnected with this club.[/QUOTE]

I assume you can read AA you're asking him a question that his alternative is in his post, he says put 51% of the club up for sale.

It don't matter if you or I or anyone don't agree that's his view I would say.

As to the thread it's to have a dig at anyone who isn't a sheep.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

REDGOG 21st April 2019 12.26:40

Why are there 4 vacancies ?

Have another 3 decided not to carry on ? or has their term come to an end and they are up for re-election?

Wirral Red 21st April 2019 12.37:34

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2249644]

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Not really I started the thread as an opportunity for people who aren't happy to have an opportunity to do something positive about it.
As for being a sheep there is a certain flock on here who repeat the same posts over and over , such as criticising Spencer and the way a so called opportunity was missed in January.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 12.41:36

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2249644]I assume you can read AA you're asking him a question that his alternative is in his post, he says put 51% of the club up for sale.

Why do we need to put the club up for sale?

Pieman 21st April 2019 12.49:16

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249647]Why do we need to put the club up for sale?[/QUOTE]

Why not it will see once and for all who is out there. Could well be there are no bids from anywhere but we will never know otherwise

FieldtownRed 21st April 2019 12.50:28

Why not put this forward as a resolution for voting on at the AGM?

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 12.56:47

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2249644]I assume you can read AA you're asking him a question that his alternative is in his post, he says put 51% of the club up for sale.

Clearly you can’t read, mate.

What’s the alternative if the trust DON’T put 51% up for sale. Clearly “crazywelsh” is not in favour of fan ownership. I have no problem with that.

Birdy 21st April 2019 13.08:54

How do we vote spencer out?

Wxm boy 21st April 2019 13.09:16

I thought the trust board and the club board were separate.

Do the trust pick the manager now then??!!

FieldtownRed 21st April 2019 13.23:48

[QUOTE=Birdy;2249651]How do we vote spencer out?[/QUOTE]

Find 7 people committed to wrexham fc and willing to put the hours in. Get them to convince the trust members to vote for them rather than anyone else.

John Neals Dynasty 21st April 2019 13.30:32

[QUOTE=Wirral Red;2249646]Not really I started the thread as an opportunity for people who aren't happy to have an opportunity to do something positive about it.
As for being a sheep there is a certain flock on here who repeat the same posts over and over , such as criticising Spencer and the way a so called opportunity was missed in January.[/QUOTE]

Ok Mrs Harris don't wet your knickers.

John Neals Dynasty 21st April 2019 13.32:18

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249650]Clearly you can’t read, mate.

What’s the alternative if the trust DON’T put 51% up for sale. Clearly “crazywelsh” is not in favour of fan ownership. I have no problem with that.[/QUOTE]

I can read obviously you can't you didn't mention alternative in your reply to him saying put up for sale his words not mine.

Wirral Red 21st April 2019 13.35:28

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2249657]Ok Mrs Harris don't wet your knickers.

Lowers the level of debate don't you think?
Just read your next post , are you having a bad day?

Answer Release 21st April 2019 13.41:43

[QUOTE=Wirral Red;2249638]At last a chance for all the moaners on here to do something positive.
If you don't like Spencer , the way things are being run , catering , procedures for selecting the manager etc here's your chance to do something positive.
I know some will say it's the football club board which makes some of these decisions but this could be a way on to it , or at least a way to give your views some credibility.
A slate of four of the biggest moaners on here could have a joint manifesto , it would be interesting to see how much support they'd get.[/QUOTE]

What’s the background to this post? Are you pushing put up or shut up?

Having an opinion in no way goes hand in hand with putting yourself forward for a board position.

pagl 21st April 2019 13.59:55

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2249660]What’s the background to this post? Are you pushing put up or shut up?

Having an opinion in no way goes hand in hand with putting yourself forward for a board position.[/QUOTE]

Given all the trust diehards on here you would expect a queue of nominees to stretch down Crispin Lane :)

John Neals Dynasty 21st April 2019 14.05:02

[QUOTE=Wirral Red;2249659]Lowers the level of debate don't you think?
Just read your next post , are you having a bad day?[/QUOTE]

You say lowers the level of debate....and you opened the thread about moaners, they are moaning because they aren't happy with the way the clubs run.

It like Brexit... Brexiteers call those who don't fall into line remoaners when they just happen to disagree (I'm a Brexiteer but listen to both points)

If everyone followed like lemmings we would all go over the cliff.

Yes I take back my last post it was OTT.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 14.49:22

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2249668]You say lowers the level of debate....and you opened the thread about moaners, they are moaning because they aren't happy with the way the clubs run.

It like Brexit... Brexiteers call those who don't fall into line remoaners when they just happen to disagree (I'm a Brexiteer but listen to both points)

If everyone followed like lemmings we would all go over the cliff.

Yes I take back my last post it was OTT.

What is your role on this thread? It appears you simply want to derail it by arguing with those who aren’t foaming with rage against the club.

marathonplny 21st April 2019 14.52:29

Out of interest

What skills, knowledge and experience does an individual need, to become a WST board member
What hours do they have to put in
Do you need to be able to attend every home and away game

Then
As a WST board member what is the role and responsibilities

Anyone in the know able to advise, or is all the info accessible somewhere ?

Birdy 21st April 2019 15.11:08

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2249672]Out of interest

What skills, knowledge and experience does an individual need, to become a WST board member
What hours do they have to put in
Do you need to be able to attend every home and away game

Then
As a WST board member what is the role and responsibilities

Anyone in the know able to advise, or is all the info accessible somewhere ?[/QUOTE]

As long as you are willing to put the hours in you don't need any specific skills thats the gist I get from looking at the current board members based on how they have perfomed over the past couple of seasons.

Wirral Red 21st April 2019 15.18:44

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2249660]What’s the background to this post? Are you pushing put up or shut up?

Having an opinion in no way goes hand in hand with putting yourself forward for a board position.[/QUOTE]

No background or ulterior motive. Just stating a fact for the constant negative moaners. I didn't say put up or shut up but now you mention it.
There seems to be a small clique of people who repeat the same negative points on thread after thread. This just seems a golden opportunity for them to attempt to get into a position where they can make their views known in a way that might have an influence on the way the Trust (and then the football club) is run.

John Neals Dynasty 21st April 2019 15.19:38

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249671]What is your role on this thread? It appears you simply want to derail it by arguing with those who aren’t foaming with rage against the club.[/QUOTE]

What's your role on this thread? It appears you wanting to argue with those who don't agree with you.

I'm not arguing with anyone, the thread though the op started off the negativity having a dig at those who don't follow the flock.

It's an opinions forum for fans to make their points, just because it is opposite to your opinion you call it moaning.

Are all those marching over climate change moaners?
Are all those army men and women marching over the victimisation of ex personnel in Ireland moaners.

2 sides to every story.

In reply to the Trust board vacancies they will most likely already be sorted, in the what Foxy calls a clique.

And no I'm not interested I'm to old to be doing any of that and don't live near enough..... Plus even though a member if at the end of the season the cock ups after Ricketts nobody above offers an apology then I won't renew.

Spin it how you like they have probably cost us automatic promotion.

The Only Way Is Up 21st April 2019 15.34:54

[QUOTE=Birdy;2249677]As long as you are willing to put the hours in you don't need any specific skills thats the gist I get from looking at the current board members based on how they have perfomed over the past couple of seasons.[/QUOTE]

Why don't all the dissenters on RP etc., look at the information linked here:

[url=http://www.wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/5397-notice-of-wst-annual-general-meeting-2019?fbclid=IwAR26JzxxkErfQt-T0NC-o_QmB_E5HCEVJNG8nQnsvCb2Vs6ZOiyWZi3n8-A]Notice of WST Annual General Meeting 2019[/url]

It tells you how to be nominated as a Trust Board candidate, explains the distinction between a Club Board director and a Trust Board member, and also outlines the job specification too. It's much more than just "putting in the hours" and the people who will elect any new Board Members are the fans themselves - all members have a vote that they can cast at the AGM
if they attend, or online prior to the AGM.

No need for snide remarks about various abilities - if you don't think the candidates are qualified to match the job specification when you read their Candidates' Statements, don't vote for them. If you think you would like the job yourself, submit your own nomination, or nominate someone else that you would be happy with seeing on the Board.

The link also explains how you can submit a Resolution to the AGM (detailing how you believe things should be run, for example.)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 21st April 2019 15.49:01

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2249684]Why don't all the dissenters on RP etc., look at the information linked here:

[url=http://www.wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/5397-notice-of-wst-annual-general-meeting-2019?fbclid=IwAR26JzxxkErfQt-T0NC-o_QmB_E5HCEVJNG8nQnsvCb2Vs6ZOiyWZi3n8-A]Notice of WST Annual General Meeting 2019[/url]

It tells you how to be nominated as a Trust Board candidate, explains the distinction between a Club Board director and a Trust Board member, and also outlines the job specification too. It's much more than just "putting in the hours" and the people who will elect any new Board Members are the fans themselves - all members have a vote that they can cast at the AGM
if they attend, or online prior to the AGM.

No need for snide remarks about various abilities - if you don't think the candidates are qualified to match the job specification when you read their Candidates' Statements, don't vote for them. If you think you would like the job yourself, submit your own nomination, or nominate someone else that you would be happy with seeing on the Board.

The link also explains how you can submit a Resolution to the AGM (detailing how you believe things should be run, for example.)[/QUOTE]

The remarks are in relation to the football board, which is selected amongst themselves and the WST board. If you didn't vote for those on the WST board you aren't really voting for those later selected to be on the football board.

The way it's done is like with the EU, Country leaders selecting who they want not whom the people want. It doesn't work with the EU and it certainly won't with a football club. Too many with self interests.

I'm a member of another organisation and we get a vote on all boards and it's members, unless they go uncontested for a role like president normally one candidate is put forward by the boards and a vote is done. All 120K members get a say unless uncontested on all positions, should they make a pig's ear of it it's far easier to give them the boot too.

crazywelsh 21st April 2019 15.50:40

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249642]What’s the alternative for you personally? You seem so disconnected with this club.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Alan I read your post and a few others (I got the feel that you genuinely asked why I am disconnected) so here it goes.

1. The wst bought the club to stabilise it - achieved that.
2. There is no plan it was buy the club clear the debts as quick as possible, it killed us off and that alone set us back years and anyone who says “you have to pay them” a deal or arrangement would of been set up prior to purchasing.
3. Constant talk of promotion when all it was ... talk.
4. Don and Horne leaving never addressed.
5. Replacing keates with Davies, then the following year replace the manager twice flip up the January transfer window and the whole cock up of this year.

Personally all of those who have been heavily involved have such egos if they care about the club ie Spencer now is the time for them to back off, it’s actually the incompetence that’s keeping us in this League.

The only people in my eyes who love this community club idea aren’t seeing we aren’t ran any different than if it were one owner.

Quay Red 21st April 2019 16.00:54

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249689]Sorry Alan I read your post and a few others (I got the feel that you genuinely asked why I am disconnected) so here it goes.

2. There is no plan it was buy the club clear the debts as quick as possible, it killed us off and that alone set us back years and anyone who says “you have to pay them” a deal or arrangement would of been set up prior to purchasing.
5. Replacing keates with Davies, then the following year replace the manager twice flip up the January transfer window and the whole cock up of this year.

Personally all of those who have been heavily involved have such egos if they care about the club ie Spencer now is the time for them to back off, it’s actually the incompetence that’s keeping us in this League.

[COLOR="Red"]The only people in my eyes who love this community club idea aren’t seeing we aren’t ran any different than if it were one owner.[/QUOTE]
[/COLOR]

I thought your point was to sell the club to be run by one owner.
That said, what I think you mean is to be run by a benevolent owner who would plough tens of thousands of pounds in without a return in the hope that he will be loved 'for a short time' by the fan base.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 16.01:21

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2249680]What's your role on this thread? It appears you wanting to argue with those who don't agree with you.

I'm not arguing with anyone, the thread though the op started off the negativity having a dig at those who don't follow the flock.

It's an opinions forum for fans to make their points, just because it is opposite to your opinion you call it moaning.

Are all those marching over climate change moaners?
Are all those army men and women marching over the victimisation of ex personnel in Ireland moaners.

2 sides to every story.

In reply to the Trust board vacancies they will most likely already be sorted, in the what Foxy calls a clique.

And no I'm not interested I'm to old to be doing any of that and don't live near enough..... Plus even though a member if at the end of the season the cock ups after Ricketts nobody above offers an apology then I won't renew.

Spin it how you like they have probably cost us automatic promotion.

If you’re not arguing you’re overpopulating it with utter guff. Who care if you voted for brexit.

John Neals Dynasty 21st April 2019 16.07:05

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249692]If you’re not arguing you’re overpopulating it with utter guff. Who care if you voted for brexit.[/QUOTE]

Who cares about any of your bollocks other than you.

You have pointed out without actually saying it on many threads you're terrified of the past and happy to bumble along down here.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 16.08:49

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249689]Sorry Alan I read your post and a few others (I got the feel that you genuinely asked why I am disconnected) so here it goes.

The only people in my eyes who love this community club idea aren’t seeing we aren’t ran any different than if it were one owner.[/QUOTE]

Presumably if we do the unthinkable and win the playoffs, the above would be forgotten?

If the community club idea is not acceptable, it’s regardless of what league we’re in.

What is your idea for the club? Literally sell it to anyone? Anyone but the Trust?

I’m happy for the club to remain in trust. If, indeed, shares were sold, I’d be uncomfortable selling off much more than a third of the club. Perhaps I’m still scared by the last two owners of this club.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 16.10:51

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2249694]Who cares about any of your bollocks other than you.

You have pointed out without actually saying it on many threads you're terrified of the past and happy to bumble along down here.

We’re on the same wavelength. I’m quite openly fearful of the past and it’s not holding the club back.

fezbob 21st April 2019 16.13:14

[QUOTE=Wirral Red;2249638]At last a chance for all the moaners on here to do something positive.
A slate of four of the biggest moaners on here could have a joint manifesto , it would be interesting to see how much support they'd get.[/QUOTE]

Great way to encourage people.

crazywelsh 21st April 2019 16.13:37

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2249691][/COLOR]

I thought your point was to sell the club to be run by one owner.
That said, what I think you mean is to be run by a benevolent owner who would plough tens of thousands of pounds in without a return in the hope that he will be loved 'for a short time' by the fan base.[/QUOTE]

Here we go again.

There is no more transparency being the point and these idiots have had it, massive overhaul of all those who have been on the board from the beginning is what is needed. What has happened with the management stinks from don and Horne leaving the same day of an appointment, not notifying fans of bids so basically acting like it’s their own club, the board didn’t buy the club with their money they have no right to decide what’s best for it’s future without notifying everyone.

Offers came in before the rule of the fee must be paid before you try saying it, Bryan law quit because of it that was as clear as day.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 21st April 2019 16.17:58

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249700]Here we go again.

There is no more transparency being the point and these idiots have had it, massive overhaul of all those who have been on the board from the beginning is what is needed. What has happened with the management stinks from don and Horne leaving the same day of an appointment, not notifying fans of bids so basically acting like it’s their own club, the board didn’t buy the club with their money they have no right to decide what’s best for it’s future without notifying everyone.

Offers came in before the rule of the fee must be paid before you try saying it, Bryan law quit because of it that was as clear as day.[/QUOTE]

The WST electorate should and should've from the start got a say on who's on the football board. If enough don't like it, an AGM would be called and a vote of no confidence done.

Absolutely nothing to stop some chancers getting on the football board either like happened at FC United, with only their own and not the clubs interests at heart. What happened their was people surrounded themselves with enough of their cronies to survive votes of no confidence by the owners trust, eventually they wouldn't step down when voted off the football board and a threat of a messy court case ensued.

crazywelsh 21st April 2019 16.18:21

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249695]Presumably if we do the unthinkable and win the playoffs, the above would be forgotten?

If the community club idea is not acceptable, it’s regardless of what league we’re in.

What is your idea for the club? Literally sell it to anyone? Anyone but the Trust?

I’m happy for the club to remain in trust. If, indeed, shares were sold, I’d be uncomfortable selling off much more than a third of the club. Perhaps I’m still scared by the last two owners of this club.[/QUOTE]

I can’t see it happening with the playoffs.

My idea for the club would be put it up for sale for £1 see who comes forward, nobody might but we are well and truly on our own so be it. However I think putting the club up for sale and speaking to more than one buyer would be the way forward split the club up and retain a seat on the board for the fan base.

Would you I’m your right mind buy 30% of a club for Spencer Harris to tell you what’s happening, I’d trust Marky prandle to use my money more wisely than the current board.

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 16.22:39

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249703]I can’t see it happening with the playoffs.

My idea for the club would be put it up for sale for £1 see who comes forward, nobody might but we are well and truly on our own so be it. However I think putting the club up for sale and speaking to more than one buyer would be the way forward split the club up and retain a seat on the board for the fan base.

Would you I’m your right mind buy 30% of a club for Spencer Harris to tell you what’s happening, I’d trust Marky prandle to use my money more wisely than the current board.[/QUOTE]

Is it about personalities?

What are those on the board with people you know, trusted, and respected?

wafc1926 21st April 2019 16.25:41

Does anyone know:-
1 Which WST board members are standing for re-election?
2 Which resolutions are being proposed by the Board and if they are likely to show a willingness to recognise dissatisfaction amongst the membership and desire for new blood on the WAFC board?

Alan Attack 21st April 2019 16.43:05

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2249703]I can’t see it happening with the playoffs.

Would you I’m your right mind buy 30% of a club for Spencer Harris to tell you what’s happening, I’d trust Marky prandle to use my money more wisely than the current board.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2249705]Is it about personalities?

What are those on the board with people you know, trusted, and respected?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I’ll re-type that. Too much sun!

What if those on the board were people you know, trusted, and respected?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.52:44.