Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd April 2019, 07.52:42   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Quigley Class Act

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhater View Post
Well actually he most definitely told my best mate that he was desperate to play for us and he thought that it had been all sorted when all of a sudden Blackpool or to be more precise Oysten wanted a fee for him. Although the fee wasn't big but Wxm wouldn't pay it. And after seeing him today I still think he wants to play for us
Don't know about any of that, but I too read that he wanted league football. Apparently turned down Tranmere out of respect for us, and ended up at Port Vale as a result.

He does seem to have a soft spot for us.

Seem to remember a lot of people slating him when the goals dried up, but hey ho that's RP I guess
Old 23rd April 2019, 08.27:58   #29-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDJB View Post
Actually. Lets get this right !

This will be our 4th play offs.

2010/2011 under Saunders and Moss etc
2011/2012 under Saunders for a short period/then AM. Owned by the trust from about end of Sep/October.

2012/2013 Under Morrell and WST.

2018/2019 under multiple managers ! and the WST.

2 failures,one success under Moss
1 combined success if you can call it that.
5 flops and 2 success under WST

If you call getting in the play offs a success.....and losing !

Make of that what you want.
Thanks for looking it up I was going off memory.
Old 23rd April 2019, 11.03:16   #30-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Well actually he most definitely told my best mate that he was desperate to play for us and he thought that it had been all sorted when all of a sudden Blackpool or to be more precise Oysten wanted a fee for him. Although the fee wasn't big but Wxm wouldn't pay it. And after seeing him today I still think he wants to play for us
I can't quite fathom the logic of refusing to pay a fee for a player who scored goals for us whilst on loan and then paying a fee for Grant who was worse than useless yesterday in my view.
Old 23rd April 2019, 11.13:58   #31-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon58 View Post
I can't quite fathom the logic of refusing to pay a fee for a player who scored goals for us whilst on loan and then paying a fee for Grant who was worse than useless yesterday in my view.
Their would been a lot of moaning on here if we had signed Quigley, Halifax signed him on loan in January and he has hardly played and scored 2 goals one against us then the inevitable hamstring injury he is to injury prone and would of been another waste of a wage.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 23rd April 2019, 11.14:51   #32-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
He would of been like Stockton out injured, I didn't expect him to last one half before being injured and proved right.

Today we dominated the first 20 mins and hardly tested the keeper, then our passing especially by Summerfield was embarrassing he started off well then turned to shit.

Roberts was another embarrassment and upfront Holroyd is scared of his own shadow, weak as a kitten but he was probably our best forward that's how bad we are upfront. Grant needs to go to Specsavers and Oswell I can't remember an actual shot by him.

When Beavon came on and Rutherford we knew that was it 2 players who run around quite a bit but created little.

If we get through the first round the away game we will be relying on something we don't have a lotta lotta luck .
Posted via mobile theme
Before he got injured he was very poor form wise and should have been dropped.
Old 24th April 2019, 07.06:31   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Before we go to far off topic I was just saying how he handled himself today showed a Great Deal of Class. My own personal opinion is he is easily good enough to play for us because for sure the S##t we have got playing for us at the moment are nowhere near as good as him. My Opinion
Depends what your talking about , Beavon is a much better footballer , goals apart , And I think Fondop is a better Investment , , A better prospect . haven't seen enough of Oswell or Stockton to form an opinion .
Old 24th April 2019, 07.14:16   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2250350]Technically yes, they were under trust ownership, but it was the squad put together under the previous regime that got us there twice, once those contracts ran out and we had to start signing new players we've been utterly awful.[/QUOT

Yeah Well Morrell started that ball rolling by signing the likes of Ormerod who couldn't score in a brothel , and Bishop well he was a bit better !! his old mates , and playing himself when he was past it .
Old 24th April 2019, 08.43:49   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
He would of been like Stockton out injured, I didn't expect him to last one half before being injured and proved right.

Today we dominated the first 20 mins and hardly tested the keeper, then our passing especially by Summerfield was embarrassing he started off well then turned to shit.

Roberts was another embarrassment and upfront Holroyd is scared of his own shadow, weak as a kitten but he was probably our best forward that's how bad we are upfront. Grant needs to go to Specsavers and Oswell I can't remember an actual shot by him.

When Beavon came on and Rutherford we knew that was it 2 players who run around quite a bit but created little.

If we get through the first round the away game we will be relying on something we don't have a lotta lotta luck .
Posted via mobile theme
I thought Summerfield was our saviour coming back from injury to fire us into football league,played well for 20 minutes the match before and suddenly fans forget when he would go missing for 60 minutes a game,need better if we want promotion next season.
Old 24th April 2019, 14.20:19   #36-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
I thought Summerfield was our saviour coming back from injury to fire us into football league,played well for 20 minutes the match before and suddenly fans forget when he would go missing for 60 minutes a game,need better if we want promotion next season.

Summerfield put in more effort than 90% of the side on Monday, but his passing was awful, what he did on Good Friday and Monday was get us on the front foot, he played well Friday when coming on.

On Monday his passes were overhit a lot of the time, a lot of that was probably down to a bobbly awful pitch
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.07:44.