RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Quigley Class Act (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113797-quigley-class-act.html)

flynhater 22nd April 2019 18.28:17

Quigley Class Act

I thought Quigley showed a great deal of Character today. He did what he was paid to do which is score goals but way he played down scoring against us was Classy. I have said all along if he had players supporting him he would be good signing for us. However yet again the funds to buy him weren't released by the Board I am assuming. It is a great Shame that a Big tall lad who obviously wants/wanted to play for us is scoring for Halifax. That being said with the support our midfield gives our forwards that would be a F#####g Miracle :D:D:D

jonesfach 22nd April 2019 18.32:24

Re: Quigley Class Act

[QUOTE=flynhater;2250231]I thought Quigley showed a great deal of Character today. He did what he was paid to do which is score goals but way he played down scoring against us was Classy. I have said all along if he had players supporting him he would be good signing for us. However yet again the funds to buy him weren't released by the Board I am assuming. It is a great Shame that a Big tall lad who obviously wants/wanted to play for us is scoring for Halifax. That being said with the support our midfield gives our forwards that would be a F#####g Miracle :D:D:D[/QUOTE]

Good player but his hamstrings are a constant problem it seems.:(

Perhaps we know this hence haven't tried to sign him permanently since his loan spell last season.

dixienormous 22nd April 2019 18.33:15

We will go nowhere under this current set up, we haven't and we wont.

sparky 22nd April 2019 18.41:37

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2250234]Good player but his hamstrings are a constant problem it seems.:(

Perhaps we know this hence haven't tried to sign him permanently since his loan spell last season.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think that's the reason. Any other would seem a bit odd.

pagl 22nd April 2019 18.52:50

[QUOTE=flynhater;2250231]That being said with the support our midfield gives our forwards that would be a F#####g Miracle D[/QUOTE]

Its an issue with 433 and 2 FBs that dont push forward. JJ does his best from LB but RB isnt quick enough. The 3 forwards soon become 1 and they just dont have the pace or skill to play as a front 3.

Alan Attack 22nd April 2019 18.56:01

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2250235]We will go nowhere under this current set up, we haven't and we wont.[/QUOTE]

Third playoffs achieved under this set up. That’s 3 more than the previous lot who spent more money.

flynhater 22nd April 2019 18.58:22

[QUOTE=pagl;2250244]Its an issue with 433 and 2 FBs that dont push forward. JJ does his best from LB but RB isnt quick enough. The 3 forwards soon become 1 and they just dont have the pace or skill to play as a front 3.[/QUOTE]

Agree however the same seems to be true of the style of play under the previous 3 or is it 4 or is it 5 previous Managers :D :jester: :D

mol 22nd April 2019 19.04:25

I like Quigley but that was his second goal in 28 games.
He’s rarely got on the field for Halifax.

Don’t be blinkered just because he scored today. He was an unused sub in the 2 games prior to today.

If we signed him people would moan that we’re lacking ambition by signing someone that’s only scored twice in recent times and barely gets a game for Halifax lol.

He’d have been ‘waste of a wage’ and ‘dead wood’ had he not scored today.

sparky 22nd April 2019 19.12:35

[QUOTE=mol;2250260]I like Quigley but that was his second goal in 28 games.
He’s rarely got on the field for Halifax.

Don’t be blinkered just because he scored today. He was an unused sub in the 2 games prior to today.

If we signed him people would moan that we’re lacking ambition by signing someone that’s only scored twice in recent times and barely gets a game for Halifax lol.

He’d have been ‘waste of a wage’ and ‘dead wood’ had he not scored today.[/QUOTE]

It's all opinions, regardless of what he did today, I'd have had him here.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.45:25.