RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   How did we end up with a dud attack? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113799-how-did-we-end-up-dud-attack.html)

Congy Red 22nd April 2019 19.05:31

How did we end up with a dud attack?

We have a league winning defence, a higher midtable midfield and one of the worst attacks in the league, why?

The simple answer is poor management. Our managers have recognised that route one is a necessary evil at times, but have not recruited for the option.

Its not fair to criticise recruitment in January as its a major gamble so Ricketts gets the bulk of the blame. Back to my first paragraph, what could we have done with an average strike-force? Put that way you can see how badly we have been let down.

Its counter-intuitive but the answer might be to aim a little lower. We have gone for players we hope have still got it (Beavon) and youngsters who might have it (Spyrou) , how about going for strikers who are doing it reasonably well. It seemed to work for Solihull?

OneLoveWrexham 22nd April 2019 19.09:24

Re: How did we end up with a dud attack?

Simple answer is decent attacking players require paying, we don’t pay the required amount and I wouldn’t class midfield as higher midtable either as it hasn’t controlled a game all season regardless of opposition.

feedmetilliwantnomore 22nd April 2019 19.11:48

Is it really the strikers? Boden has scored for fun this season is he still shit? Bigger issues imo. Apathy rules as it's better than it was etc.. simply put we cannot compete

krux 22nd April 2019 19.18:54

[QUOTE=feedmetilliwantnomore;2250269]Is it really the strikers? Boden has scored for fun this season is he still shit? Bigger issues imo. Apathy rules as it's better than it was etc.. simply put we cannot compete[/QUOTE]

The strikers is a key part of it, but the Boden conundrum proves issues elsewhere. Baffling.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Liverpool Red 22nd April 2019 19.35:26

The answer is quite simple: either we don’t have the money to pay for a 20 goal a season striker OR we do have the money but [the Club Board] aren’t willing to pay the going rate.

OneLoveWrexham 22nd April 2019 19.36:37

[QUOTE=Liverpool Red;2250291]The answer is quite simple: either we don’t have the money to pay for a 20 goal a season striker OR we do have the money but [the Club Board] aren’t willing to pay the going rate.[/QUOTE]
We aren’t willing to pay the going rate, top strikers won’t fit within our wage cap.

AndyCobra 22nd April 2019 19.38:08

Have a look at how the other teams in the division got their star strikers. Salford billionaire s apart, its more luck than skill.

Liverpool Red 22nd April 2019 19.43:56

[QUOTE=AndyCobra;2250298]Have a look at how the other teams in the division got their star strikers. Salford billionaire s apart, its more luck than skill.[/QUOTE]

If the information was available, it would be interesting to compare acquisition costs, wages and goal returns per club.

That said, I’m sure the cost of acquiring and paying Fondop and Beaton was less than the cost of acquiring and paying Rooney and Green.

AndyCobra 22nd April 2019 19.45:49

As el jonez has said on another thread, we have something like 8 or 9 forward options. Im not sure the problem is investment or more so acquiring the right combination of players

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.05:20.