RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Leyton Orient Fans want Wrexham to get promoted too (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113807-leyton-orient-fans-want-wrexham-get-promoted-too.html)

Contrifibulatory Fred 24th April 2019 07.17:24

Leyton Orient Fans want Wrexham to get promoted too

Barring a disaster on Saturday at home to Braintree we should be crowned champions and leave the National League after two seasons

We had a poll on our message board and overwhelming hope Wrexham will join us back in the Football League after the play offs - and this was voted for despite our relief that Fylde helped us out so much by beating Salford

Most of our fans say 'Wrexham are a proper club, with proper fans' - and that you (the fans) deserve to be competing at a higher level

I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to have spent so long in non-league football. As stated by many of your fans on this forum, perhaps it is time to appoint an experienced manager if you don't make it this time.

Looking at the other play off contenders Wrexham have nothing to fear. You can beat any of these sides at home - and then the pressure will be on Solihull or Salford when they host the semi finals.

I for one will be tuning in to cheer the Reds on, so good luck!

RHYLRED 24th April 2019 07.18:49

Re: Leyton Orient Fans want Wrexham to get promoted too

Very kind, good luck Saturday.

Funny_Old_Game 24th April 2019 07.26:22

Nice try but we are here forever.

Phils-an-alki 24th April 2019 07.33:19

We're cursed.

LlayDragon 24th April 2019 07.36:40

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2250718]We're cursed.[/QUOTE]

We're not.

We just don't have a plan beyond doing the same thing every season.

Contrifibulatory Fred 24th April 2019 07.38:11

Sad but understandable that you feel so gloomy

When you follow teams (like ours) that seldom if ever achieve anything it is always best to manage expectations by not having any.

That said, Wrexham have as good a chance as any in the playoffs

Even mighty Salford succumb to nerves - as Monday's defeat home to Fylde shows

Given your support base - every game at this time should feel like a home match

Cheers

Phils-an-alki 24th April 2019 07.47:23

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2250721]We're not.

We just don't have a plan beyond doing the same thing every season.[/QUOTE]

No I know it was tongue in cheek but it certainly feels like it. Especially when we lost another manager mid season. That cannot keep happening for starters or we will be here forever.

Bissell 24th April 2019 08.22:45

[QUOTE=Contrifibulatory Fred;2250723]Sad but understandable that you feel so gloomy

When you follow teams (like ours) that seldom if ever achieve anything it is always best to manage expectations by not having any.

That said, Wrexham have as good a chance as any in the playoffs

Even mighty Salford succumb to nerves - as Monday's defeat home to Fylde shows

Given your support base - every game at this time should feel like a home match

Cheers[/QUOTE]

The difference between us is you are able to spend decent money on wages, we aren’t.

Take Macauley Bonne for instance, if we had been in the same situation back in January, he’d have been sold, not offered a new contract.

Back of the Kop 24th April 2019 08.35:42

[QUOTE=Bissell;2250737]The difference between us is you are able to spend decent money on wages, we aren’t.

Take Macauley Bonne for instance, if we had been in the same situation back in January, he’d have been sold, not offered a new contract.[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely correct.Its not down to bad luck that we're still here after 11 years.A whole host of ex league clubs have found a way to get out inside 2 years

NottsRed 24th April 2019 08.46:58

[QUOTE=Bissell;2250737]The difference between us is you are able to spend decent money on wages, we aren’t.

Take Macauley Bonne for instance, if we had been in the same situation back in January, he’d have been sold, not offered a new contract.[/QUOTE]

Yet we managed to offer an extension to an assistant manager when we didn't have a manager, then offer him the managers job full time when he didn't want it, then when he went give the job to someone with little management experience whos been managing a footgolf course for the last three years.

If you read that without knowing whats happened here you'd think someone was taking the piss. God knows what next season will bring in the comedy stakes?

Red Light 24th April 2019 09.11:41

C Fred - thanks for the message - you deserve to go up and have been more consistent than the rest with goal scorers in your team - watched your game on BT Sport away at a very physical Solihull - you came away with a point and there's the difference - we lost 1 - 0 there in August and you get a crucial point when it mattered.

However, it would be nice to join the O's in L2 - but it will be a tough ask. Next season could be tougher still with Chesterfield getting their act together and likely to be joined by Notts County, Yeovil / Macc Town.

Also tell me 'before we are likely to part ways in league status - who is the famous Orient fan who I have chatted to on a couple of occasions at the Racecourse - if I said father Christmas would you know who I mean ? elderly, white beard always in a red coat and hat.

Enjoy the promotion party on Saturday - they don't come along very often.

John Neals Dynasty 24th April 2019 09.45:19

Apparently Spencer Harris is on the list for the Greatest Showman 2
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

WrexhamO 24th April 2019 09.47:26

Welcome Fred, hope all is good with you!

Thanks for the post it's good to know, I've heard the same from many O's fans and even employees.
Best of luck next year - just don't screw up on Saturday!

BillEBadass 24th April 2019 09.56:06

I am happy to join in and wish the 'O's the best of luck next season.

Will we be with them? I've said all along I expect to get to Wembley but anything could happen there.

As to comments about our manager, well, the general consensus seems to be we should have gone for someone with greater experience although when we did that with Mills we were shafted good and proper. All the greats had to start somewhere maybe Brian will join them - who knows?

The whole thing seems to be very flat - we all need to raise the mood and back the team 100%
The fat lady isn't even on the stage yet.

Contrifibulatory Fred 24th April 2019 10.44:30

[QUOTE=Red Light;2250760]C Fred - thanks for the message - you deserve to go up and have been more consistent than the rest with goal scorers in your team - watched your game on BT Sport away at a very physical Solihull - you came away with a point and there's the difference - we lost 1 - 0 there in August and you get a crucial point when it mattered.

However, it would be nice to join the O's in L2 - but it will be a tough ask. Next season could be tougher still with Chesterfield getting their act together and likely to be joined by Notts County, Yeovil / Macc Town.

Also tell me 'before we are likely to part ways in league status - who is the famous Orient fan who I have chatted to on a couple of occasions at the Racecourse - if I said father Christmas would you know who I mean ? elderly, white beard always in a red coat and hat.

Enjoy the promotion party on Saturday - they don't come along very often.[/QUOTE]

Could it be WrexhamO??

Contrifibulatory Fred 24th April 2019 10.45:28

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2250782]Welcome Fred, hope all is good with you!

Thanks for the post it's good to know, I've heard the same from many O's fans and even employees.
Best of luck next year - just don't screw up on Saturday![/QUOTE]

All good mate - hope you are going to blast the playoffs

TTFN

Fred

WrexhamO 24th April 2019 11.26:38

[QUOTE=Contrifibulatory Fred;2250809]Could it be WrexhamO??[/QUOTE]

Cheeky sod!

JonoWafc 24th April 2019 12.33:15

Thanks Fred.

I’m sure I join all of our fans who would much rather LO go up than the plastics down the road. Good luck next season let’s hope it’s in L2 for both of us

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.29:19.