Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th April 2019, 19.25:52   #10-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Harrogate Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon Froomie View Post
Oswell's goal was great, and I've been saying that once he gets one - he'll start scoring loads. He's come so close on many occasions, but now the monkey's off his back. His reaction said enough where he couldn't believe he'd finally scored - he just lay on the ground and looked over to the other players in pure disbelief it'd actually gone in! He has to start in the play-offs
As well as Oswell himself, I felt that we were all surprised when it went in - we just don't expect to score a goal like that. There was definitely a delayed reaction after it hit the net. Great cross and leap!
Old 27th April 2019, 19.29:52   #11-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
I really enjoyed the game

Got to see score two great goals
Got see some young lad
Got to sees penalty save!
Got to see Augustien
Got to see.us come from behind to beat the hated Harrogate

Enjoyable afternoon
Posted via mobile theme
My God, you're right! We've turned a corner. Anything is possible now.
Old 27th April 2019, 21.04:57   #12-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Yes a good second half in atrocious conditions, first half was the usual dreadful boring performance but they were like 11 strangers who have hardly played together or played at all.

Another blind referee but second half we played more football than the first team and were more creative I enjoyed the second half.

I thought Sergeant looks a good prospect, Augustien has more talent than the rest of our midfield, the much hammered on here Deverdics played very well, Spyrou looks as weak as Holroyd but did make some good runs.

Tharme my MOM Dibble yes he saved a penalty but he was dodgy at times.

But all in all some good performances in awful conditions.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 28th April 2019, 06.34:13   #13-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

2nd string team and 3 points to finish the season.

Did we learn anything new and what selection decisions does it give BH?
RB, Carra seems a better choice.
Midfield probably Summerfield and Young but the 3rd choice is weak.
How can we perm a front 3 and to last 2 halves - I would start Beavon, Oswell +1.

Is Grant worth a place at all. Does Holroyd start or sub? Can Walker make the bench?

Onwards to Thursday.
Old 28th April 2019, 07.34:56   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Yes a good second half in atrocious conditions, first half was the usual dreadful boring performance but they were like 11 strangers who have hardly played together or played at all.

Another blind referee but second half we played more football than the first team and were more creative I enjoyed the second half.

I thought Sergeant looks a good prospect, Augustien has more talent than the rest of our midfield, the much hammered on here Deverdics played very well, Spyrou looks as weak as Holroyd but did make some good runs.

Tharme my MOM Dibble yes he saved a penalty but he was dodgy at times.

But all in all some good performances in awful conditions.
Posted via mobile theme
Most of them are !!! considering half of them don't get game time , to come in and play well imo in those conditions was great , Doug Tharme deserves a mention He`s a good young player
Old 28th April 2019, 08.57:48   #15-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
2nd string team and 3 points to finish the season.

Did we learn anything new and what selection decisions does it give BH?
RB, Carra seems a better choice.
Midfield probably Summerfield and Young but the 3rd choice is weak.
How can we perm a front 3 and to last 2 halves - I would start Beavon, Oswell +1.

Is Grant worth a place at all. Does Holroyd start or sub? Can Walker make the bench?

Onwards to Thursday.
Lainton Pearson Kennedy
LB - Jenniings

RB - I would usually pick Roberts over Carra, more so away from home but I think Carra's form yesterday and this month particularly playing LB & RB probably means he keeps the shirt.

CM - Summerfield (holding) Young. Toss up then between Akil for his physique or Ruthers for the ground he will cover for the cause. I wouldn't be too shocked if Walker goes straight in as he must have been fit (if not match fit) for a over a week for the Shrews to let come back.

Up top - Beavon & Oswell (if fit enough which he looked yesterday)
I think Grant shading it over Holroyd, if BH is prepared to sacrifice tge work rate of Ruthers.

Deverdics Spyrou & Augustien (apart from stupidly conceding a pen) showed touches of what they are capable of but too late to be risked. A fully fit Stockton will be useful from the bench

Last edited by davewilli; 28th April 2019 at 09.09:35..
Old 28th April 2019, 10.56:58   #16-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
Most of them are !!! considering half of them don't get game time , to come in and play well imo in those conditions was great , Doug Tharme deserves a mention He`s a good young player

Exactly I though Tharme was excellent yesterday.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 28th April 2019, 11.52:12   #17-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Exactly I though Tharme was excellent yesterday.
Posted via mobile theme
Yes some valuable game time for Tharme, Sargent & Thorn and better than your normal last game of The season token appearance. 2 mixed teams of regulars and squad players, which made it a competitive contest and our youngsters will take a lot from us coming from behind to win.
Old 28th April 2019, 12.33:08   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I quite enjoyed the match yesterday, despite being in half mind whether to go or not for most of the week, I was glad I went in the end.
It was a decent turn out considering it was pretty much an irrelevant game, in the bad weather and with the comic con taking place too.

I thought the youngsters did well, and we scored two well worked goals.

Oswell simply has to start, am I right in thinking he could have had three from three? if it wasn't for Holroyd trying to steal one whilst he was offside, then Holroyd doing it again to score a goal that was already on it's way in. No wonder Oswell looked uncertain that he had actually scored, he was probably looking for Holroyd wheeling away in celebration.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.22:01.