RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Harrogate Reaction (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113827-harrogate-reaction.html)

Prodigal Dragon 27th April 2019 18.17:50

Harrogate Reaction

All things considered, I enjoyed today more than most home games I have seen this season, with the exception of the 5-1 drubbing of Salford. It wasn't perfect but we competed and deservedly won, albeit Harrogate were a bit unlucky at times.

Thought Agustien looked a good footballer, and would probably be a contender to start on Thursday if he could get himself out of second gear. Spyrou has pace and some ability, but he reminded me of Maguire-Drew: poor application. Thought Tharme and Sargent both did OK, and pleased Oswell finally bagged himself a goal. Dibble was my MotM, too: good penalty save, and did well in dreadful conditions.

We are now potentially three wins away from returning to the FL. It certainly won't be easy, but my advice to those fans who are wailing about what might have been: don't look backwards; just look forwards.;)

Ex Limassol Red 27th April 2019 18.38:06

Re: Harrogate Reaction

Yeah, I enjoyed it too, despite the dreadful weather.

Sergeant looked good, neat and tidy, so nice to see some youth getting a game. 1st time I’ve seen Austien, who is great on the ball if he’s the time.

Carrington and Rutherford both had good games I thought

Red Dragon Froomie 27th April 2019 18.40:11

Oswell's goal was great, and I've been saying that once he gets one - he'll start scoring loads. He's come so close on many occasions, but now the monkey's off his back. His reaction said enough where he couldn't believe he'd finally scored - he just lay on the ground and looked over to the other players in pure disbelief it'd actually gone in! He has to start in the play-offs

Colonel D 27th April 2019 18.41:51

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2252022]All things considered, I enjoyed today more than most home games I have seen this season, with the exception of the 5-1 drubbing of Salford. It wasn't perfect but we competed and deservedly won, albeit Harrogate were a bit unlucky at times.

Thought Agustien looked a good footballer, and would probably be a contender to start on Thursday if he could get himself out of second gear. Spyrou has pace and some ability, but he reminded me of Maguire-Drew: poor application. Thought Tharme and Sargent both did OK, and pleased Oswell finally bagged himself a goal. Dibble was my MotM, too: good penalty save, and did well in dreadful conditions.

We are now potentially three wins away from returning to the FL. It certainly won't be easy, but my advice to those fans who are wailing about what might have been: don't look backwards; just look forwards.;)[/QUOTE]

Yes agree with this and both teams made a fight of it in atrocious conditions.Did anybody force themselves into contention on Thursday ?
Well I think Pearson, Lawlor (if fit ),Young and Beavon should return and having Walker back would be a bonus.

TaidTom 27th April 2019 18.42:36

An enjoyable game given the circumstances and conditions. Dibble was my MOM too, though Lainton will obviously come in on Thursday. Carra, Summerfield and Jennings should start, but don't think anyone else did anything to force their way in. Oswell perhaps, given the lack of options up top. His goal might kick-start his season.

blackbrookred 27th April 2019 18.45:57

Thought we did ok to be fair. Wasn't too happy with the starting 11 but it worked so all's well.

Was disappointed with Agustien, tried to play the wonder ball too often when there were far easier options.

Spyrou didn't look overly interested although does clearly have some ability. From what I've been told his attitude isn't great.

Thought Sargent was decent in spells, always looking to get on the ball and looks confident in his ability.

Tharme improved 2nd half and probably needs more of a leader than Roberts along side him.

Good header from Oswell and hopefully he now pushes on and grabs a couple more.

thedischunter96 27th April 2019 18.47:59

Thought Roberts had a shocker at CB. No talking between him and Dibble

TaidTom 27th April 2019 18.48:49

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2252036]Thought Roberts had a shocker at CB. No talking between him and Dibble[/QUOTE]

On a couple of occasions it seemed to be a case of Dibble talking, but Roberts not listening.

krux 27th April 2019 19.15:25

I really enjoyed the game

Got to see score two great goals
Got see some young lad
Got to sees penalty save!
Got to see Augustien
Got to see.us come from behind to beat the hated Harrogate

Enjoyable afternoon
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.42:15.