RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113846-junior-footballers-miss-out-playing-racecourse-due-play-offs.html)

Pieman 29th April 2019 13.18:34

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[QUOTE=podders;2252480]Don't the team get changed at the Racecourse before going on to Nine Acres as there is no changing facilities at the training pitch.[/QUOTE]

I went past nine acres yesterday and was shocked at the state of it the grass is way too long. It needs some tlc no way could this be used to train on we must be training somewhere else

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 13.23:17

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[QUOTE=Dougie Davies;2252500]Taken off Facebook

"Contractors booked w/c 6 May to replace top drains. That’s latest date for pitch to be ready for mid July when there are preseason friendlies provisionally booked to make inroads to the Glyndwr £100k rent.
That would of meant only this week would have been available and that depending on the play off situation. Considering Wrexhams playoff date was only confirmed last Saturday the short notice has made it virtually impossible for the youth league to confirm finals day. Having personally experienced finals day on two occasions it’s disappointing all round, but to accuse the club of not being community focused is well wide of the mark."[/QUOTE]

Is this from a club director then?
Still doesn't wash for me, its only one day and what short notice? they knew about this last year and had plenty of time to plan accordingly.
Excuses, more excuses and spin.

Corner Flag 29th April 2019 13.26:36

[QUOTE=Pieman;2252501]I went past nine acres yesterday and was shocked at the state of it the grass is way too long. It needs some tlc no way could this be used to train on we must be training somewhere else[/QUOTE]

I walk my dog nearly every day nearby and the 9 acre pitch is always looking good and cut very often so dont know what you saw .

Barry Diamond 29th April 2019 14.29:57

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252502]Is this from a club director then?
Still doesn't wash for me, its only one day and what short notice? they knew about this last year and had plenty of time to plan accordingly.
Excuses, more excuses and spin.[/QUOTE]

Agreed , another own goal !

Rob 29th April 2019 15.16:09

pretty full statement with FAQ on the topic just gone on the official site [url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/stadium-wrexham-afc-is-disappointed-not-to-host-youth-cup-finals-day[/url]

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th April 2019 15.59:47

Couldn't the games be held Saturday morning , afternoon or even early evening? Bit odd they'd need the Racecourse particularly the pitch for all hours both days.

Wxmspiller 29th April 2019 16.09:30

This has really upset a lot of people the team I coach has made it to the racecourse through the fair play league which is a Table for junior grassroots I told my little lad who is an avid Wrexham fan plus all the parents last week we are playing at Wrexham and they where all made up there is a lot of 7 and 8 year olds and parents that are very upset and disappointed this is a disgusting decision , when the date they are looking at is the 18th may 5 days after the final how is that going to disturb the pitch now I have to tell my 7 year old actually we ain’t playing there now how’s he gonna feel ,I am livid ! Or how’s about bank holiday Monday and Wrexham train at carden park simple

Redordead 29th April 2019 16.19:43

Couldn’t they use the new Colliers park?

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 16.23:11

So basically its because we've got an old school field with no facilities as a training ground. If we were still using colliers this wouldn't be an issue.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.58:47.