RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113846-junior-footballers-miss-out-playing-racecourse-due-play-offs.html)

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 07.52:54

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2252690]My son is due to be playing, when we were told The Racecourse wasn't confirmed just said that it was were it is usually held so I don't think they have pulled out of any promises, just an expectation....It's a shame though, he will be disappointed.

Still not actually been confirmed when/where it is as I think they have usually had it by now...[/QUOTE]

My son has had his confirmed, 12th May at Druids.

Danny Boy 30th April 2019 08.14:57

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[quote=Phils-an-alki;2252694]My son has had his confirmed, 12th May at Druids.[/quote]

I was afraid it would be that weekend, at least it's not the Saturday just in case something else is going on then :o

wafc1926 30th April 2019 08.15:12

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252694]My son has had his confirmed, 12th May at Druids.[/QUOTE]

Not surprised Druids have come to the rescue. Gtreat club.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 08.19:06

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2252703]Not surprised Druids have come to the rescue. Gtreat club.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree, they let his team train there for months too.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 08.21:11

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2252702]I was afraid it would be that weekend, at least it's not the Saturday just in case something else is going on then :o[/QUOTE]

Sh!t. I didn't realise it was the PO final weekend. Bugger.

Alan Attack 30th April 2019 08.23:05

People appear quick to pan the club yet they’ve provided this service for the past 40 years. It’s not ideal and yes, the club should have communicated better. More points for improvement.

If it was my child I’d be disappointed for them (not me). As a kid, I never got to play on the racecourse. The best I got was Connah’s Quay’s old ground and a game at Flint’s new ground under the lights.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 08.33:36

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2252708]People appear quick to pan the club yet they’ve provided this service for the past 40 years. It’s not ideal and yes, the club should have communicated better. More points for improvement.

If it was my child I’d be disappointed for them (not me). As a kid, I never got to play on the racecourse. The best I got was Connah’s Quay’s old ground and a game at Flint’s new ground under the lights.[/QUOTE]

Who has said they are disappointed for themselves and not the kids? I must have missed that.

Every other season for 40 years the club has managed it, that's included plenty of seasons in the play offs, work on the ground etc etc.

Its annoyed a lot of people, trust me on that, which in terms of PR and clubs relationship with local teams etc is not good. The clubs youth set up is already run down and disliked/not trusted by many parents and coaches due to them being treated appallingly, but I'm not going to go into all that now because its pointless as its continually swept under the carpet like anything that doesn't sit well with some fans.

Alan Attack 30th April 2019 08.40:15

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252709]Who has said they are disappointed for themselves and not the kids? I must have missed that.

Every other season for 40 years the club has managed it, that's included plenty of seasons in the play offs, work on the ground etc etc.

Its annoyed a lot of people, trust me on that, which in terms of PR and clubs relationship with local teams etc is not good. The clubs youth set up is already run down and disliked/not trusted by many parents and coaches due to them being treated appallingly, but I'm not going to go into all that now because its pointless as its continually swept under the carpet like anything that doesn't sit well with some fans.[/QUOTE]

I don’t want an argument, Phil.

It’s hardly pointless. Do something about it. I’d love you to transmit the fire you have to argue and quarrel with supporters on here into something meaningful. I would but we have too many “yes” men at the club!

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 09.14:00

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2252710]I don’t want an argument, Phil.

It’s hardly pointless. Do something about it. I’d love you to transmit the fire you have to argue and quarrel with supporters on here into something meaningful. I would but we have too many “yes” men at the club![/QUOTE]

Oh yes you do.

What do you think I could possibly do Alan?
Is this the old myth if you don't like it get yourself elected nonsense that's been crushed many many times on here? [I]Not looking for an argument, its a forum[/I]

Its not arguing all the time, mainly it's putting people straight, some learn some don't, but it's their choice :) (Yes that was a joke)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.22:18.