RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113846-junior-footballers-miss-out-playing-racecourse-due-play-offs.html)

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 14.44:07

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[QUOTE=Jaded;2252794]Cheers! Definitely seems like there should have been more communication from the youth league to clubs about it.[/QUOTE]

It was undecided until recently and the youth league clubs (well my sons club did) kept us fully up to date, all managers speak to each and it was common knowledge as far as I can tell. So its been left up in the air for months.
I thought I'd missed a bit in the statement from the club but I hadn't. Key word here is possibly. Not sure what more the league could have done while waiting for confirmation.

[I]we first informed our friends at the Macron Wrexham and District Youth League in January 2019 that, due to the play offs, the stadium was [B]possibly[/B] unavailable as the Vanarama National League play-offs coincide with the weekend before vital scheduled works are due to start on the Racecourse pitch.[/I]

cardiffred 30th April 2019 14.50:58

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252795]It was undecided until recently and the youth league clubs (well my sons club did) kept us fully up to date, all managers speak to each and it was common knowledge as far as I can tell. So its been left up in the air for months.
I thought I'd missed a bit in the statement from the club but I hadn't. Key word here is possibly. Not sure what more the league could have done while waiting for confirmation.

[I]we first informed our friends at the Macron Wrexham and District Youth League in January 2019 that, due to the play offs, the stadium was [B]possibly[/B] unavailable as the Vanarama National League play-offs coincide with the weekend before vital scheduled works are due to start on the Racecourse pitch.[/I][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how that's the club's fault. We've told the league that it's possible not available. The youth league at that point has two options:

1) hope it will be ok and do nothing
2) move it to an alternative venue.

It's basic continuity planning which the youth league appear (based on what I've read here) to have done very little.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 15.17:36

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2252798]I'm not sure how that's the club's fault. We've told the league that it's possible not available. The youth league at that point has two options:

1) hope it will be ok and do nothing
2) move it to an alternative venue.

It's basic continuity planning which the youth league appear (based on what I've read here) to have done very little.[/QUOTE]

As I said earlier, in 40 years it hasn't been an issue which suggests there are ways and means, I know the dates change by weeks for example to accommodate availability.

With regards to your points 1 & 2, they did both obviously apart from 'do nothing' as its now being played at Druids. So like I said I'm not sure what more they could have done. The club on the other hand, I believe could have done more and should have. Friendlies can be delayed for example or not be played at the racecourse until a week later. Pitch work could therefore have been put back to accommodate. If we had proper training facilities then that would also helped.

The Youth League will have been desperate for the finals to be played at the racecourse because that's the pull of the competition and which makes it the stand out cup competition. Take that away and it just wouldn't be the same so I understand them waiting and hoping it worked out.

TaidTom 30th April 2019 17.11:02

Appears the Youth League Committee is responsible then. I used to attend their monthly meetings at the Wynnstay, and to say they were a shambles would be kind. This doesn't surprise me one bit.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 30th April 2019 17.13:29

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2252646]That this weekend?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, was told that game was being shifted to Friday evening to make way for the finals day. Doesn't seem to be the case now, very short notice, plus Corwen have a fundraiser on that evening too. I know the lads in the senior sides are or were meant to be going.

Rob 1st May 2019 09.43:02

In a car going past nine acre now and seems training taking place on there at the moment

Wont reveal what incase eastleigh spies about :)

fezbob 1st May 2019 09.52:13

[QUOTE=Rob;2252929]In a car going past nine acre now and seems training taking place on there at the moment

Wont reveal what incase eastleigh spies about :)[/QUOTE]

Any ladders out?

Phils-an-alki 1st May 2019 09.53:06

[QUOTE=Rob;2252929]In a car going past nine acre now and seems training taking place on there at the moment

Wont reveal what incase eastleigh spies about :)[/QUOTE]

Lots of hard work - 7/10 everywhere you look

dolly dagger 1st May 2019 20.51:13

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252933]Lots of hard work - 7/10 everywhere you look[/QUOTE]

Cringe.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.11:42.