RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113846-junior-footballers-miss-out-playing-racecourse-due-play-offs.html)

fezbob 29th April 2019 11.32:23

Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

On the face of it the explanation seems reasonable, but looking deeper at it why are we training on the Racecourse in the first place? I had heard there might be issues with the condition of the Nine Acre.

[url]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/17604478.junior-footballers-to-miss-out-on-playing-at-wrexham-afcs-racecourse-stadium-due-to-play-offs/[/url]

WrexhamO 29th April 2019 11.46:36

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

I heard Druids have stepped in.

A real shame that this follows on from the hugely successful Grass Roots football day, which Rob Stock ran so well, drawing an extra 1000+ fans in on the day.

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 11.52:54

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2252468]I heard Druids have stepped in.

A real shame that this follows on from the hugely successful Grass Roots football day, which Rob Stock ran so well, drawing an extra 1000+ fans in on the day.[/QUOTE]

They have.

My sons team was due to play at the racecourse, won't be the same playing at the rock I'll be honest. The younger kids will be gutted..

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 11.55:28

Why do they need it for the first team to train when the club has a training pitch?

That's really poor, they could have sorted something else out surely.

There's been rumblings about this for a few months too so they've had plenty of time.

podders 29th April 2019 12.10:01

Don't the team get changed at the Racecourse before going on to Nine Acres as there is no changing facilities at the training pitch.

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 12.18:53

Am I missing something here, why would the club need to ground bar Thursdays play off game which would have no impact on this anyway?

They've just annoyed every youth team in the area plus all the parents and kids.

JonWrexhamfc 29th April 2019 12.22:11

[QUOTE=podders;2252480]Don't the team get changed at the Racecourse before going on to Nine Acres as there is no changing facilities at the training pitch.[/QUOTE]

Whatever happened to turning up to training in your training gear?

Barry Diamond 29th April 2019 12.41:20

Fair do's that's piss poor from the club. If you promise to do something you should do it

Dougie Davies 29th April 2019 13.05:23

Taken off Facebook

"Contractors booked w/c 6 May to replace top drains. That’s latest date for pitch to be ready for mid July when there are preseason friendlies provisionally booked to make inroads to the Glyndwr £100k rent.
That would of meant only this week would have been available and that depending on the play off situation. Considering Wrexhams playoff date was only confirmed last Saturday the short notice has made it virtually impossible for the youth league to confirm finals day. Having personally experienced finals day on two occasions it’s disappointing all round, but to accuse the club of not being community focused is well wide of the mark."

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.48:22.