RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113846-junior-footballers-miss-out-playing-racecourse-due-play-offs.html)

fezbob 29th April 2019 11.32:23

Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

On the face of it the explanation seems reasonable, but looking deeper at it why are we training on the Racecourse in the first place? I had heard there might be issues with the condition of the Nine Acre.

[url]https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/17604478.junior-footballers-to-miss-out-on-playing-at-wrexham-afcs-racecourse-stadium-due-to-play-offs/[/url]

WrexhamO 29th April 2019 11.46:36

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

I heard Druids have stepped in.

A real shame that this follows on from the hugely successful Grass Roots football day, which Rob Stock ran so well, drawing an extra 1000+ fans in on the day.

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 11.52:54

Re: Junior footballers to miss out on playing at the Racecourse due to play-offs

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2252468]I heard Druids have stepped in.

A real shame that this follows on from the hugely successful Grass Roots football day, which Rob Stock ran so well, drawing an extra 1000+ fans in on the day.[/QUOTE]

They have.

My sons team was due to play at the racecourse, won't be the same playing at the rock I'll be honest. The younger kids will be gutted..

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 11.55:28

Why do they need it for the first team to train when the club has a training pitch?

That's really poor, they could have sorted something else out surely.

There's been rumblings about this for a few months too so they've had plenty of time.

podders 29th April 2019 12.10:01

Don't the team get changed at the Racecourse before going on to Nine Acres as there is no changing facilities at the training pitch.

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 12.18:53

Am I missing something here, why would the club need to ground bar Thursdays play off game which would have no impact on this anyway?

They've just annoyed every youth team in the area plus all the parents and kids.

JonWrexhamfc 29th April 2019 12.22:11

[QUOTE=podders;2252480]Don't the team get changed at the Racecourse before going on to Nine Acres as there is no changing facilities at the training pitch.[/QUOTE]

Whatever happened to turning up to training in your training gear?

Barry Diamond 29th April 2019 12.41:20

Fair do's that's piss poor from the club. If you promise to do something you should do it

Dougie Davies 29th April 2019 13.05:23

Taken off Facebook

"Contractors booked w/c 6 May to replace top drains. That’s latest date for pitch to be ready for mid July when there are preseason friendlies provisionally booked to make inroads to the Glyndwr £100k rent.
That would of meant only this week would have been available and that depending on the play off situation. Considering Wrexhams playoff date was only confirmed last Saturday the short notice has made it virtually impossible for the youth league to confirm finals day. Having personally experienced finals day on two occasions it’s disappointing all round, but to accuse the club of not being community focused is well wide of the mark."

Pieman 29th April 2019 13.18:34

[QUOTE=podders;2252480]Don't the team get changed at the Racecourse before going on to Nine Acres as there is no changing facilities at the training pitch.[/QUOTE]

I went past nine acres yesterday and was shocked at the state of it the grass is way too long. It needs some tlc no way could this be used to train on we must be training somewhere else

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 13.23:17

[QUOTE=Dougie Davies;2252500]Taken off Facebook

"Contractors booked w/c 6 May to replace top drains. That’s latest date for pitch to be ready for mid July when there are preseason friendlies provisionally booked to make inroads to the Glyndwr £100k rent.
That would of meant only this week would have been available and that depending on the play off situation. Considering Wrexhams playoff date was only confirmed last Saturday the short notice has made it virtually impossible for the youth league to confirm finals day. Having personally experienced finals day on two occasions it’s disappointing all round, but to accuse the club of not being community focused is well wide of the mark."[/QUOTE]

Is this from a club director then?
Still doesn't wash for me, its only one day and what short notice? they knew about this last year and had plenty of time to plan accordingly.
Excuses, more excuses and spin.

Corner Flag 29th April 2019 13.26:36

[QUOTE=Pieman;2252501]I went past nine acres yesterday and was shocked at the state of it the grass is way too long. It needs some tlc no way could this be used to train on we must be training somewhere else[/QUOTE]

I walk my dog nearly every day nearby and the 9 acre pitch is always looking good and cut very often so dont know what you saw .

Barry Diamond 29th April 2019 14.29:57

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252502]Is this from a club director then?
Still doesn't wash for me, its only one day and what short notice? they knew about this last year and had plenty of time to plan accordingly.
Excuses, more excuses and spin.[/QUOTE]

Agreed , another own goal !

Rob 29th April 2019 15.16:09

pretty full statement with FAQ on the topic just gone on the official site [url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/stadium-wrexham-afc-is-disappointed-not-to-host-youth-cup-finals-day[/url]

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th April 2019 15.59:47

Couldn't the games be held Saturday morning , afternoon or even early evening? Bit odd they'd need the Racecourse particularly the pitch for all hours both days.

Wxmspiller 29th April 2019 16.09:30

This has really upset a lot of people the team I coach has made it to the racecourse through the fair play league which is a Table for junior grassroots I told my little lad who is an avid Wrexham fan plus all the parents last week we are playing at Wrexham and they where all made up there is a lot of 7 and 8 year olds and parents that are very upset and disappointed this is a disgusting decision , when the date they are looking at is the 18th may 5 days after the final how is that going to disturb the pitch now I have to tell my 7 year old actually we ain’t playing there now how’s he gonna feel ,I am livid ! Or how’s about bank holiday Monday and Wrexham train at carden park simple

Redordead 29th April 2019 16.19:43

Couldn’t they use the new Colliers park?

Phils-an-alki 29th April 2019 16.23:11

So basically its because we've got an old school field with no facilities as a training ground. If we were still using colliers this wouldn't be an issue.

Wxmspiller 29th April 2019 16.29:51

Maybe someone from the club can come to training on Thursday and explain why Wrexham have f***ed it up for them 40 odd years is quite enough time to realise they need to organise a day every year regardless

corwenred 29th April 2019 16.35:15

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252555]So basically its because we've got an old school field with no facilities as a training ground. If we were still using colliers this wouldn't be an issue.[/QUOTE]

Basically this, we've got to have the best possible preparation for these play-offs and if that means disappointing some kids who won't even care next week then I'm sorry so be it.

The Only Way Is Up 29th April 2019 16.51:57

That's a pretty comprehensive and logical explanation that the club has given for the reasons the Racecourse can't be available at the weekend.

Time to cut the Club some slack lads! Focus your energies on providing support for our own "cup final" games to come.

louisleftboot 29th April 2019 17.08:47

Sounds like they didn’t choose the best week to book pitch work. Should have informed local clubs earlier in the year but is that the clubs responsibility?

Sad for the kids as it is unfortunate. Wouldn’t chop anyone’s head off for this though.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 29th April 2019 17.35:40

I believe Cefn Albion V Corwen has been shifted from Saturday to Friday evening - both clubs agreed with no hesitation- in order to allow the finals day to be held at the Rock.

Danny Boy 29th April 2019 21.14:02

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2252570]I believe Cefn Albion V Corwen has been shifted from Saturday to Friday evening - both clubs agreed with no hesitation- in order to allow the finals day to be held at the Rock.[/QUOTE]

That this weekend?

Wxmspiller 29th April 2019 22.33:10

Sorry this is all a farce the last 40 odd years this has been going on it’s not like the club didn’t know they need to free a day , 300 plus kids and parents , grandparents , friends etc of all these players will be gutted and feel let down it’s the prize at the end of the season that we all aim for it’s the clubs fault and totally the clubs responsibility it’s quite frankly disgusting and the ones who disagree need to put urselves in the kids ,coaches and parents boots

louisleftboot 30th April 2019 07.23:12

I agree the club should have maybe told people earlier. Probably best not to tell everyone you're playing there until the official confirmation came through. Unless it did and they pulled out.

Danny Boy 30th April 2019 07.40:23

[quote=louisleftboot;2252684]I agree the club should have maybe told people earlier. Probably best not to tell everyone you're playing there until the official confirmation came through. Unless it did and they pulled out.[/quote]

My son is due to be playing, when we were told The Racecourse wasn't confirmed just said that it was were it is usually held so I don't think they have pulled out of any promises, just an expectation....It's a shame though, he will be disappointed.

Still not actually been confirmed when/where it is as I think they have usually had it by now...

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 07.52:54

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2252690]My son is due to be playing, when we were told The Racecourse wasn't confirmed just said that it was were it is usually held so I don't think they have pulled out of any promises, just an expectation....It's a shame though, he will be disappointed.

Still not actually been confirmed when/where it is as I think they have usually had it by now...[/QUOTE]

My son has had his confirmed, 12th May at Druids.

Danny Boy 30th April 2019 08.14:57

[quote=Phils-an-alki;2252694]My son has had his confirmed, 12th May at Druids.[/quote]

I was afraid it would be that weekend, at least it's not the Saturday just in case something else is going on then :o

wafc1926 30th April 2019 08.15:12

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252694]My son has had his confirmed, 12th May at Druids.[/QUOTE]

Not surprised Druids have come to the rescue. Gtreat club.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 08.19:06

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2252703]Not surprised Druids have come to the rescue. Gtreat club.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree, they let his team train there for months too.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 08.21:11

[QUOTE=Danny Boy;2252702]I was afraid it would be that weekend, at least it's not the Saturday just in case something else is going on then :o[/QUOTE]

Sh!t. I didn't realise it was the PO final weekend. Bugger.

Alan Attack 30th April 2019 08.23:05

People appear quick to pan the club yet they’ve provided this service for the past 40 years. It’s not ideal and yes, the club should have communicated better. More points for improvement.

If it was my child I’d be disappointed for them (not me). As a kid, I never got to play on the racecourse. The best I got was Connah’s Quay’s old ground and a game at Flint’s new ground under the lights.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 08.33:36

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2252708]People appear quick to pan the club yet they’ve provided this service for the past 40 years. It’s not ideal and yes, the club should have communicated better. More points for improvement.

If it was my child I’d be disappointed for them (not me). As a kid, I never got to play on the racecourse. The best I got was Connah’s Quay’s old ground and a game at Flint’s new ground under the lights.[/QUOTE]

Who has said they are disappointed for themselves and not the kids? I must have missed that.

Every other season for 40 years the club has managed it, that's included plenty of seasons in the play offs, work on the ground etc etc.

Its annoyed a lot of people, trust me on that, which in terms of PR and clubs relationship with local teams etc is not good. The clubs youth set up is already run down and disliked/not trusted by many parents and coaches due to them being treated appallingly, but I'm not going to go into all that now because its pointless as its continually swept under the carpet like anything that doesn't sit well with some fans.

Alan Attack 30th April 2019 08.40:15

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252709]Who has said they are disappointed for themselves and not the kids? I must have missed that.

Every other season for 40 years the club has managed it, that's included plenty of seasons in the play offs, work on the ground etc etc.

Its annoyed a lot of people, trust me on that, which in terms of PR and clubs relationship with local teams etc is not good. The clubs youth set up is already run down and disliked/not trusted by many parents and coaches due to them being treated appallingly, but I'm not going to go into all that now because its pointless as its continually swept under the carpet like anything that doesn't sit well with some fans.[/QUOTE]

I don’t want an argument, Phil.

It’s hardly pointless. Do something about it. I’d love you to transmit the fire you have to argue and quarrel with supporters on here into something meaningful. I would but we have too many “yes” men at the club!

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 09.14:00

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2252710]I don’t want an argument, Phil.

It’s hardly pointless. Do something about it. I’d love you to transmit the fire you have to argue and quarrel with supporters on here into something meaningful. I would but we have too many “yes” men at the club![/QUOTE]

Oh yes you do.

What do you think I could possibly do Alan?
Is this the old myth if you don't like it get yourself elected nonsense that's been crushed many many times on here? [I]Not looking for an argument, its a forum[/I]

Its not arguing all the time, mainly it's putting people straight, some learn some don't, but it's their choice :) (Yes that was a joke)

Alan Attack 30th April 2019 09.52:26

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2252719]Oh yes you do.

What do you think I could possibly do Alan?

[/QUOTE]

1. I genuinely don’t; not on this case.

2. Rattle a few cages. Work on changing and improving the public face of the youth set up and other such areas of the club.

Danny Boy 30th April 2019 10.11:00

[quote=Phils-an-alki;2252707]Sh!t. I didn't realise it was the PO final weekend. Bugger.[/quote]

On Sunday though yeah? Still a potential problem if you planned to stay over though I guess.

I'm sure it's normally on a Saturday so at least common sense has been applied a little.

TaidTom 30th April 2019 10.12:09

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2252703]Not surprised Druids have come to the rescue. Gtreat club.[/QUOTE]

Little consolation to the kids, but also a great playing surface.

Phils-an-alki 30th April 2019 10.22:05

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2252726]1. I genuinely don’t; not on this case.

2. Rattle a few cages. Work on changing and improving the public face of the youth set up and other such areas of the club.[/QUOTE]

1. I was joking there Al, I really don't want to argue contrary to what people may think.

2. Tried that with the bubble and other things such as the catering, food and prices being charged. Got absolutely nowhere.
I was in dialogue with the board for months. Got fobbed off, got politicians non answers, tried and tried to get them to answer some basic questions but in the end they sent me a load of email addresses to contact (the final fob off), contacted them all, didn't get one reply. Gave up after that because I felt I'd just completely wasted my time.
Probably still got the email chains somewhere.

A totally demoralising experience that left me thinking why bother. Its why I get annoyed sometimes when people point the finger saying 'do something about it then' not having a clue that I actually have tried previously and got nowhere. Just some straight answers would have helped but even that's too much to ask.
They really aren't transparent in my experience, as when you ask some tough questions the shutters come down.

Now I have far more important things to concern my time with like my children and I simply don't have the time or energy anymore. RP is great for me though, because I can still vent if I feel the need.

Anyway I'm ruining the thread so I'll shut up now. :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.33:44.