RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   how many tickets sold (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113851-how-many-tickets-sold.html)

Red Light 1st May 2019 22.49:52

Re: how many tickets sold

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2253091]Probably cause its on TV and that its an earlier kick off (7pm) means people may not make it due to work etc.

Can we beat the 8,283 we had on Boxing day against Salford?[/QUOTE]

No we wont beat it - for various reasons as many have stated.
Christmas holiday is strange - lots turn up with family who probably don't go normally - plus early KO / Thursday night / work commitments / short notice to plan / TV / all ticket - and perhaps that it's a qualifier and not an immediate step to Wembley - not forgetting that one good component for a large crowd would be a good following from the away club which in the case of Eastleigh is not going to happen.

ABd 1st May 2019 23.06:09

Looking forward to the [I]eliminator[/I] tomorrow.

cardiffred 2nd May 2019 06.45:27

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2253062]It’s not relevant though. Fylde is effectively a suburb of Blackpool. We’re a club with 150+ years of history being passed down generations. We’ve seen it all before up that way with Fleetwood.[/QUOTE]

It may not be a fair comparison, however 6200 on a Thursday night is no bad effort. It's likely to be over 7k by the time the game kicks off despite a ridiculously early kick off time that has reduced the number of exiles able to attend.

Willywill 2nd May 2019 08.33:49

I am not happy with a 7pm kick off. The tail is wagging the dog, yet again. On a positive note, whilst it may be harder for exiles to get there, it might be easier for them to catch a train home!

Ipswich Red 2nd May 2019 08.38:44

[QUOTE=Willywill;2253168]I am not happy with a 7pm kick off. The tail is wagging the dog, yet again. On a positive note, whilst it may be harder for exiles to get there, it might be easier for them to catch a train home![/QUOTE]

This is my scenario. I'm travelling up from Bucks but have to leave work early to do so (i'm lucky, I'm have a fairly independent working pattern). The 7 pm kick off at least means I'll be back just after midnight rather than after 1 a.m. Where there is advantage for some there won't be for others. It's all down to personal circumstance.

Phils-an-alki 2nd May 2019 08.46:59

People are obsessed with attendances. It doesn't matter and it doesn't win you football matches. I'd rather be relatively successful and actually achieve something on the pitch than have great crowds and bang on about how great our support is and how crap other clubs fans are.

Windsor Mike 2nd May 2019 09.08:21

[QUOTE=Willywill;2253168]I am not happy with a 7pm kick off. The tail is wagging the dog, yet again. On a positive note, whilst it may be harder for exiles to get there, it might be easier for them to catch a train home![/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's because of UEFA Europa Lge matches taking priority for television it was the same last night ref. Champs. Lge fixture ....though take your point about tail & dog.

michaelps 2nd May 2019 09.10:59

Trouble is if you sign a TV contract with BT Sport (as a league not just Wrexham) of course they are going to dictate.

Whether they are paying the Conference/us enough money that they should be dictating to this extent is another matter and one I have my doubts on.

Suppose whilst 7pm isn't ideal (though it will suit some but not others) it could have been worse; say 6pm to get the game finished before the Europa semis start at 8.

Phils an ski is right on this though. Attendances don't win you anything. Ask Newcastle or Leeds fans say.

John Neals Dynasty 2nd May 2019 09.23:35

[QUOTE=Ipswich Red;2253171]This is my scenario. I'm travelling up from Bucks but have to leave work early to do so (i'm lucky, I'm have a fairly independent working pattern). The 7 pm kick off at least means I'll be back just after midnight rather than after 1 a.m. Where there is advantage for some there won't be for others. It's all down to personal circumstance.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope we win in 90 mins then 😉
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.10:13.