Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st May 2019, 15.15:35   #10-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Biggest fixture this month not tomorrow? Uni land to be sold to developer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iesty View Post
money talks, especially to a University on its arse
I am a student there and I know that they are trying to work with other uni's to get more money by franchising courses. No mention about the kop land. I guess if they did sell it, they could invest it in better facilities for students!
Old 1st May 2019, 15.20:15   #11-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Default Re: Biggest fixture this month not tomorrow? Uni land to be sold to developer?

I'm just wondering Wadkin Jones , they do a lot of Uni student and other stuff , they buy land all over UK . Just a hunch .
Old 1st May 2019, 15.23:45   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Sorry Watkin Jones plc .
Old 1st May 2019, 15.29:31   #13-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

The WST board discussed matters relating to Mold Rd developments at their April 2019 meeting. Little to no detail was minuted so one does not know whether the WST board are fully informed.
Old 1st May 2019, 15.37:27   #14-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I have had a very interesting conversation today, if not quite concerning.

It appears lots is in place across the football club, welsh gov, council and various stakeholders to ensure the Kop land is secured with various plans in place for the future. It all sounds really positive and I would guess when worked in with the gateway plans for that area of town etc could be bright for the club and town. Wonderful!

However I am told it is dependant on the Kop land....

There has been interest previously in the land from a fast food retailer, and more recently a new mysterious 'developer'. I have been told Welsh Gov have fronted up on their promise to secure the land and made an offer to the Uni for the land, however it was declined as did not meet a valuation.

The mysterious developer has come up with a better offer and I am told it is going before the Uni board later this month, and could see it agreed to be sold.

I have no reason to doubt the above, and figures bandied about were bids of £850k - £1m.

Is anyone able to fact check the above, or give any further detail?

I would hope WCBC, Welsh Gov etc either come up with the cash to bridge the gap - or the Uni come to a swift fair arrangement to ensure the land is secured for the benefit of our community club and wider Wrexham community rather than a 'developer'.
The Kop forms part of the ground we lease and I would think cant be sold ?. its the land the other side of the Kop and the old building on Mold road I assume that is for sale . I expect the Uni are playing hard ball with the Welsh Gov etc as they want planing permit for housing on other land they own to enable futher development to take place.
Old 1st May 2019, 15.46:23   #15-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

The Uni cant be expected to sell for less. The Govt need to increase the bid to match surely.
Old 1st May 2019, 15.48:53   #16-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Is this the land they bought off WV between the kop and crispin lane comprising the former Dickens garage?
Old 1st May 2019, 15.55:02   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewloered View Post
I was told this a while ago. Also heard the same , that the Uni are being twats!!
Don't think that's necessarily right but the end result for us could be the same and could be concerning - Glendwr have certainly had substantial financial shortfall issues in the past and it's quite probable that's still the case.

They will need the money - as Iesty says in all likelihood they are on there arse.

Needs watching this.
Old 1st May 2019, 15.56:33   #18-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Don't see there's anything that can be done about it. They own it and will sell to the highest bidder which is fair enough if they are struggling.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.22:08.