RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Why finishing 4th could be an advantage (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113867-why-finishing-4th-could-advantage.html)

BillEBadass 2nd May 2019 07.59:29

Why finishing 4th could be an advantage

The play offs are different in terms of mentality/motivation along with the fear of failure and disappointment both for players and supporters.

Our defence, which has been excellent all season, could be the key to success as a 1:0 is as good as 100:0.

All this is based on if we win, not a forgone conclusion by any means, so how can our league position be seen as an advantage given the next game is away to a strong side?

Hopefully Brian will use this game to fully understand which of his players are best suited to a play off game. He will also be able to see what tactics and formation best suits a game which is win or lose.
If everything goes well we go to Salford with a winning mentality - they have to start 'from cold' and we all know how important momentum can be.

If we win tonight, and I think we will, we have every chance against Salford and once at Wembley as we all know 'anything could happen , and it usually does'.

Keep practising the penalties - we could be one kick away from League Two.
COYR

Alan Attack 2nd May 2019 08.20:10

Re: Why finishing 4th could be an advantage

Let's win tonight eh!

krux 2nd May 2019 08.26:58

[QUOTE=BillEBadass;2253150]The play offs are different in terms of mentality/motivation along with the fear of failure and disappointment both for players and supporters.

Our defence, which has been excellent all season, could be the key to success [B]as a 1:0 is as good as 100:0.[/B]

All this is based on if we win, not a forgone conclusion by any means, so how can our league position be seen as an advantage given the next game is away to a strong side?

Hopefully Brian will use this game to fully understand which of his players are best suited to a play off game. He will also be able to see what tactics and formation best suits a game which is win or lose.
If everything goes well we go to Salford with a winning mentality - they have to start 'from cold' and we all know how important momentum can be.

If we win tonight, and I think we will, we have every chance against Salford and once at Wembley as we all know 'anything could happen , and it usually does'.

Keep practising the penalties - we could be one kick away from League Two.
COYR[/QUOTE]

my nerves disagree!

John Neals Dynasty 2nd May 2019 08.43:13

I wasn't feeling nervous at all till this morning and I should imagine some of the player's will be to.

That's probably one of the main ingredients for the play offs the team that can hold it's nerve.

The pressure I feel will be on our players more because of an expectant big crowd.

They need a lot of encouragement tonight from the 12th man.

Eastleigh manager will be saying get an early goal as the crowd soon turn if they go behind that's when the Moan Road stand get on their backs.

So tonight we all need to sing along with the little drummer boy keep that atmosphere going, nobody should leave without a croaking voice we need an atmosphere like the Kidderminster game.

COYR
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 2nd May 2019 10.17:30

The advantage is being at home. So finishing 4th provides 1 advantage (hopefully) after that the advantage swings.

FieldtownRed 2nd May 2019 10.20:31

[QUOTE=pagl;2253217]The advantage is being at home. So finishing 4th provides 1 advantage (hopefully) after that the advantage swings.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. We’d rather be in salford’s position of having just a single home game to get to Wembley rather than having to play one game then another three days later away from home to get there.

TomWAFC 2nd May 2019 10.35:28

Salford missing Matt Green through suspension (sent off last game) is a major plus, however I would have preferred to slog it out with Solihull, we're both tight at the back and they were weaker against us going forward, whereas Salford can score for fun at times and those who were there on new years day will know how difficult they were at home. When we lost at Solihull we played horrific and they only just nicked it, I'd fancy our chances better. Definitely would prefer them in the final over fylde if we defeat the odds and make it...

Birdy 2nd May 2019 11.37:35

more of an advantage finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd!

Gabalfa Red 2nd May 2019 11.49:27

[QUOTE=Birdy;2253269]more of an advantage finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd![/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure - i don't think any team who finished 1st have ever won the play off in the same season....:D

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.23:12.