Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd May 2019, 23.16:29   #82-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Shite

Thought we created more chances tonight than most games this seasons or last.

Hit the woodwork twice
Two cleared off the line
Two one on ones missed.
Good goal chalked off by a "look at me " ref.

Team tried their best, but their best is not good enough. We don't have a striker worthy of the name. However normal clubs in our league appear to find them and sign them year in year out.

If the style of play is being dictated by a part time coach then it's time for him to go, bad enough to be in this league for our twelfth season without sterile anti football to watch as well.

Not sure I believe one part time employee has that much power. perhaps someone from the football board can let us know.
Old 2nd May 2019, 23.30:24   #83-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrex View Post
Is anyone really that surprised by how tonight turned out? In all fairness we've been punching above our weight all season. Since Saturday I've been trying to gee myself up, telling myself we are going to do it but deep down already knew what the outcome would be
Very true.....I'm not even really disappointed tonight....

Think I'm getting immune to this crap...
Old 2nd May 2019, 23.33:15   #84-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

Who's actually contracted for next season?
Old 2nd May 2019, 23.34:12   #85-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given

Bad luck Wrexham I been following you're progress this year and hoping you finally do it. Leyton orient were worthy winners though from a macc fan.
Old 2nd May 2019, 23.42:02   #86-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkred View Post
It's all down to how the club is organised and how expectations are set. The players are not of the quality we have been used to over the years (just think back to the days of Ferguson, Connolly, Edwards, Trundle, Morrell, etc., let alone the years before that), but, even so, we look out of our depth as an attacking team because we are not set up to attack. Defense is the highest priority and it is absolutely clear and has been for nearly three years now that we are set up for tight games and slender margins.

The problem with that is simple - slender margins can go for and against you, and today it was against. Quite apart from the fact that it is boring as hell and simply not the Wrexham way. None of us who have been watching since the seventies, or at least before 2007, recognise a system that is overly defensive as the Wrexham way.

My serious issue is just that - I don't recognise my team and every week I care just a little less about what happens as they bore me to death. I'll always be Wrexham TID, but this has to change. The culture is wrong because the emphasis is wrong, because the key coaching and playing staff are wrong and the priorities are wrong.

There are lots of good people trying to make this club get somewhere and it will all come to nothing unless we address these issues first.

I agree with this Wrexham when they were a good side in the league were always known as a footballing side, we have not been entertained down here since Saunders final team and after it the first 6 months of Mills reign since then it's been boring turd anti-football.

I've said it before barring a miracle under present owners this club is going nowhere.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 2nd May 2019, 23.57:07   #87-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Did they even know we could have brought Carra on as well? Please tell me they knew we were allowed another sub in extra time.

Roberts was dead on his feet at kickoff nevermind 120 minutes in.
This is totally unacceptable from the coaching staff, I was screaming for us to bring on Carrington. They'd seen Eastleigh use a fourth sub so they had no excuse at all but they preferred to watch Akil Wright spend the entirety of extra time where the ball had been five seconds earlier. A fresh pair of legs might have just made a difference but we have amateurs in charge.
Old 3rd May 2019, 00.12:37   #88-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

I can accept the defeat. The only thing that pains me now is the future from here with the people in charge looks bleak. I think there's a good chance we may see more players we would like to keep move on.

Then even so, can we trust the board and management to bring the right players in? Just look at the signings we have made in the last 6 months for evidence. Really do fear for our chances already next season.
Old 3rd May 2019, 00.17:43   #89-0 (permalink)
WV1
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Somebody next to me said bring Dibble on up front and just cause a bit of chaos for 15 minutes.

Wasn’t the worst shout I’ve ever heard. Especially as none of the outfield players can hit a barn door

The second half of extra time was baffling. Nothing changed, despite it not working for the other 2hrs of footy

Last edited by WV1; 3rd May 2019 at 00.18:44..
Old 3rd May 2019, 00.28:52   #90-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyRed View Post
How we didn’t win that I’ll never know and the goal should have stood !!! He dropped it
We was dreadful and never looked up to speed after the first 20mins, that team selection was never going to win.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.24:38.