RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   No bottle or passion! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113873-no-bottle-passion.html)

pagl 3rd May 2019 07.31:44

Re: No bottle or passion!

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2253996]We were better with Rutherford than with an unfit Summerfield. I like Rutherford’s professionalism but, ultimately, he is not good enough for what we need, albeit he is better than many others.[/QUOTE]

Summerfield has been no more creative than Ruthers but at least Ruthers was fit. Panic selection from BH but due to lack of quality throughout midfield and forward line. Having a ‘Ruthers’ in the squad is OK as long as we have better around him. Sadly we didnt.

To win this league I think it takes a decent 442. The 2 up top with some pace and power supported by 2 banks of 4 who all know their jobs.
Our 433 is a figment of CDs coaching manual and not supported by players that can play it. Trying to shoehorn players into a system beyond them.

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 07.40:01

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2253990]We all know you hate Rutherford.

I thought as a team we looked better when he came on. He gave the team a bit of shape and provided a link between midfield and the forwards that had been missing in the first half. His shooting is still dire but he was one of the better performers I thought. Opinions eh.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone hates him, just think he's not good enough. Its glaringly obvious.
A lot of huff and puff but ultimately does very little.

We're a team full of nearly men. They nearly do something good. Beavon, Rutherford, Holroyd.

Also, what kind of professional club signs a player who can't last 90 minutes, is that what we've come to? Beavon isn't that good.

A lot needs to change at the club this summer from the board, management coaching staff and players.

Will the board do the right thing or continue with putting their own positions on the board above everything else so they can stay in power? I doubt it.
We have big problems as they are accountable to no one as January proved. The WST board are weak and lack leadership but they both cuddled up together and fooled a lot of fans with that 'clear the air' bullsh!t.

Enough is enough.

Rhys's Daddy 3rd May 2019 08.19:55

With Manny back next season defence will be OK, so covert Pearson to a striker

redavid 4th May 2019 07.13:29

[QUOTE=pagl;2253986]His chance has come and gone. Another poor selection and the usual ineffective subs. We should have grasped the moment.

Why the media talk about Walker, was he fit or not?
Why Roberts before Carra and why oh why Grant.

Absolutely piss poor and someone lacking the mental strength to make big decisions. Usual half arsed tactics first half and then cue the miss and miss team.[/QUOTE]

I think the team that beat Harrogate was a better team , defenders & keeper apart , less Roberts of course .

reddai 4th May 2019 07.55:07

We have been a non league club for quite a few years now and we should not expect success purely because we're a big fish in a small pond. Hughes is correct when he says that the expectation of supporters is too high as we can't compete with big money clubs, so all we can afford are journeymen who are average for this league. if we do uncover any gems like Moult we can't hang on to them. Non league for a long time I'm afraid.

sparky 4th May 2019 08.05:44

[QUOTE=reddai;2254630]We have been a non league club for quite a few years now and we should not expect success purely because we're a big fish in a small pond. Hughes is correct when he says that the expectation of supporters is too high as we can't compete with big money clubs, so all we can afford are journeymen who are average for this league. if we do uncover any gems like Moult we can't hang on to them. Non league for a long time I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

Other clubs around the world seem to manage to punch above their weight. Is the expectation of getting back our league status after all these years really too much to ask? Is wanting more than first time elimination after making the play offs for the first in six years really too much to ask? Is wanting to see something that resembles proper football by full time professional really too mush to ask? if it is, then folk know where the door is.

Redordead 4th May 2019 08.08:33

Thought Rutherford played alright in the midfield, was the only one composed on the ball and not shitting it every time he got it.

Outertowner 4th May 2019 08.21:16

[QUOTE=Rhys's Daddy;2254048]With Manny back next season defence will be OK, so covert Pearson to a striker[/QUOTE]

If you looked at our top scorers list you’d already think Pearson was a striker.

percy vere 4th May 2019 08.34:16

[QUOTE=Redordead;2254633]Thought Rutherford played alright in the midfield, was the only one composed on the ball and not shitting it every time he got it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Put the likes of grant wright roberts and holroyd ( man of the match :jester: ) to shame

OneLoveWrexham 4th May 2019 08.36:12

[QUOTE=Redordead;2254633]Thought Rutherford played alright in the midfield, was the only one composed on the ball and not shitting it every time he got it.[/QUOTE]
He was comfortable by the half way line but when it came into the important position of the pitch up top he once again shit himself and failed to deliver. #fact

OneLoveWrexham 4th May 2019 08.37:23

[QUOTE=percy vere;2254640]Agreed. Put the likes of grant wright roberts and holroyd ( man of the match :jester: ) to shame[/QUOTE]
Grant was the best player on the pitch last 35 minutes or so before he came off, he grew into the game and was dangerous and actually showed what he’s about but then our manager took him off.

dixienormous 4th May 2019 08.42:55

To be fair to the players, every single one of them put a shift in, they don't lack passion at all. It's the way we're set up, fullbacks without any pace or the ability to get to the byline, no creativity in the middle, but it's difficult to judge this one because you can't pick a pass if there's no movement in front of you. Our strikers are too deep, have literally no pace and nobody wants to get in behind. It's dire, bloody awful to watch, and it's been this way for years.

The first warning sign for me pre season will be if we sign Mcglashan, and the fact Grant is still under contract makes me want to cry.

benwilliams 4th May 2019 08.51:27

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2254645]To be fair to the players, every single one of them put a shift in, they don't lack passion at all. It's the way we're set up, fullbacks without any pace or the ability to get to the byline, no creativity in the middle, but it's difficult to judge this one because you can't pick a pass if there's no movement in front of you. Our strikers are too deep, have literally no pace and nobody wants to get in behind. It's dire, bloody awful to watch, and it's been this way for years.

The first warning sign for me pre season will be if we sign Mcglashan, and the fact Grant is still under contract makes me want to cry.[/QUOTE]

Grant isnt under contract next season, yet anyway.

percy vere 4th May 2019 08.55:14

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2254643]Grant was the best player on the pitch last 35 minutes or so before he came off, he grew into the game and was dangerous and actually showed what he’s about but then our manager took him off.[/QUOTE]

Sorry a couple of little touches does not do it for me. An absolute bottler. Hope to god he’s gone by next season

dixienormous 4th May 2019 08.56:48

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2254650]Grant isnt under contract next season, yet anyway.[/QUOTE]

Didn't he get an 18month contract at Christmas?

percy vere 4th May 2019 08.57:43

Just thought, I wonder if the jesters would like grant Pub league is just about his level

louisleftboot 4th May 2019 08.58:16

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2254655]Didn't he get an 18month contract at Christmas?[/QUOTE]

I think he's signed until the end of a season, with an option of 12 months after. I always assumed it would be taken up if we got promoted.

[URL="https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46738097"]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46738097[/URL]
'view to extend' - I doubt Grant will want to.

OneLoveWrexham 4th May 2019 08.59:48

[QUOTE=percy vere;2254654]Sorry a couple of little touches does not do it for me. An absolute bottler. Hope to god he’s gone by next season[/QUOTE]
He hit the target more the other night than Rutherford has in 3 seasons, I am not a massive fan of Grant myself but the last 35 minutes he played he was the most dangerous player on the pitch and showed glimpses of why he had played so many league games.

percy vere 4th May 2019 09.29:00

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2254658]He hit the target more the other night than Rutherford has in 3 seasons, I am not a massive fan of Grant myself but the last 35 minutes he played he was the most dangerous player on the pitch and showed glimpses of why he had played so many league games.[/QUOTE]

Did you go to halifax ? He showed plenty of glimpse of why he could play rugby.

This was on the halifax forum

Posted 22 April
How bad was 32 for Wrectum, looked like he'd never trained with a ball, probably has a very good PowerPoint presentation. Just the sort of player we will sign for next season:

I hope he’s right

benwilliams 4th May 2019 09.36:19

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2254658]He hit the target more the other night than Rutherford has in 3 seasons, I am not a massive fan of Grant myself but the last 35 minutes he played he was the most dangerous player on the pitch and showed glimpses of why he had played so many league games.[/QUOTE]

He did better than usual against Eastleigh but I cant see him here next season. His attitude towards the fans will mean he will always be scape goated if he has a bad game. I think hes a far better player than hes showed us but the wrong player at the wrong time. I would be very disappointed if he was offered a deal but I dont think he would take it if he was.

Percy Sugden 4th May 2019 09.52:33

[QUOTE=percy vere;2254660]Did you go to halifax ? He showed plenty of glimpse of why he could play rugby.

Posted 22 April
How bad was 32 for Wrectum, looked like he'd never trained with a ball, probably has a very good PowerPoint presentation. Just the sort of player we will sign for next season:

I hope he’s right[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure they were getting grant and Wright mixed up.

percy vere 4th May 2019 11.08:31

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2254664]I’m pretty sure they were getting grant and Wright mixed up.[/QUOTE]

Don’t think so . Grant had about 10 shots and the only thing they bothered were the seagulls

OneLoveWrexham 4th May 2019 11.13:39

[QUOTE=percy vere;2254660]Did you go to halifax ? He showed plenty of glimpse of why he could play rugby.

Posted 22 April

I hope he’s right[/QUOTE]
I wasn’t on about the Halifax game I was on about thursday, he shown more in last 35 minutes Thursday than your mate Rutherford has since he’s been here. Rutherford is finished at the club and as I said I am not Grant’s biggest fan but he has got quality but it’s just how you can tease it out of him in the games and it’s clear to see Hughes isn’t up to it.

Quay Red 4th May 2019 12.21:32

Must admit. He played better after Oswell came on and he sat behind the front men. Showed glimpses of a decent player.
His crosses are better than most as his control and passing.
He does look lazy and disinterested at times and is being played out of position when starting.

As for Rutherford. We actually got the ball moving in the right direction through midfield when he replaced Summerfield. He hasn't got great ability but has boundless energy. Sadly that's not ultimately enough for a successful team.

hello 4th May 2019 13.09:06

12 seasons hahahahahaha

Red Dragon Froomie 4th May 2019 13.17:31

[QUOTE=hello;2254769]12 seasons hahahahahaha[/QUOTE]

Haha init. We'll be here until we're all dead

John Neals Dynasty 4th May 2019 13.25:12

[QUOTE=reddai;2254630]We have been a non league club for quite a few years now and we should not expect success purely because we're a big fish in a small pond. Hughes is correct when he says that the expectation of supporters is too high as we can't compete with big money clubs, so all we can afford are journeymen who are average for this league. if we do uncover any gems like Moult we can't hang on to them. Non league for a long time I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much right but as regards non league for a long time it's already been a long time and the good past is well behind us kids supporting the club some weren't old enough to remember us as a league club.

We are at our rightful position under fan ownership it's limitation is so obvious even Stevie Wonder would see it.

The game at all levels now isn't about history it's about money because of the Premier league and TV they have killed the smaller clubs.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

cardiffred 4th May 2019 14.12:06

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2253999]He runs around a lot and is neat and tidy on the ball. Sadly like many of the other members of the squad he lacks the real quality required to create chances and score goals.

[B]Realistically we need our wide forwards scoring 10+ goals and a central striker scoring 20 to be really challenging the likes of Salford. [/B]

The effort was all there to see last night. Sadly the quality in midfield and upfront once again wasn’t there....[/QUOTE]

I may have missed something in the disappointment of Thursday but didn't we finish like a point behind Salford...

There's no doubt we need to get a lot better going forward, however, the dogma that this season was a disaster is nonsense. For a team that's so crap according to some on here, 84 points is some achievement. In fact, it's our 2nd highest points total since we've been down here and but for some terrible refereeing this team would be playing Salford tomorrow.

robiethered 4th May 2019 14.29:45

I listened to the match against Eastleigh and for me we lost due to the shocking Ref. I'am not a fan of Kev. Ratcliffe as he always puts the kiss of death on a game when he is on Radio Sport Wales. Our goal should have stood and some of the refs decisions seemed he was refereeing a rugby match. Plus we hit the bar twice, lady luck was not on our side at all.

Vorporix 4th May 2019 14.53:18

[QUOTE=hello;2254769]12 seasons hahahahahaha[/QUOTE]

Could be worse mate - I feel sorry for those Jesters along the road - languishing in a league below with little hope of getting out of it - shrinking fan base which already piss-poor - and having to watch footy next to a sewage farm.

Thanks heavens for small mercies eh!

:)

t1954 4th May 2019 15.05:45

[QUOTE=robiethered;2254790]I listened to the match against Eastleigh and for me we lost due to the shocking Ref. I'am not a fan of Kev. Ratcliffe as he always puts the kiss of death on a game when he is on Radio Sport Wales. Our goal should have stood and some of the refs decisions seemed he was refereeing a rugby match. Plus we hit the bar twice, lady luck was not on our side at all.[/QUOTE]

It was not, but been down here for 12 seasons, is not down to bad luck, need to look a little deeper.

cardiffred 4th May 2019 16.07:43

[QUOTE=t1954;2254798]It was not, but been down here for 12 seasons, is not down to bad luck, need to look a little deeper.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely we do... but let's not chuck out the baby with the bathwater.

krux 4th May 2019 16.08:30

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2254834]Absolutely we do... but let's not chuck out the baby with the bathwater.[/QUOTE]

What baby is this then? The 'not good enough to go up' baby??
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

cardiffred 4th May 2019 16.26:16

[QUOTE=krux;2254835]What baby is this then? The 'not good enough to go up' baby??
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

The blind insistence that fan ownership is fundamentally flawed. We haven't stayed down this season because of fan ownership. Mistakes are made both by fan owners and non-fan owners...

As for we weren't good enough to go up... clearly not. However 46 games shows we weren't too far away.

pagl 4th May 2019 17.44:01

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2254848]The blind insistence that fan ownership is fundamentally flawed. We haven't stayed down this season because of fan ownership. Mistakes are made both by fan owners and non-fan owners...

As for we weren't good enough to go up... clearly not. However 46 games shows we weren't too far away.[/QUOTE]

The mistakes were made by the football board. They’re all fans as far as I am aware. In reality we were quite a way from promotion. We hung on in for a play off spot but prior to that blew a 2/3rd place finish. As predicted a lack of goals cost us as did the struggle to beat better teams. The season will be remembered for the 5-1 boxing day game.

A play off win was more hope than reality and I think we need a core of 8 players max that are retained. The likes of Grant, Holroyd and Summerfield can all go because if we cant do better I would be surprised.

NottsRed 4th May 2019 18.21:00

Just watched the match highlights on Youtube..

For there goal why did Rutherford plonk himself near the corner taker when there was no second Eastleigh player there for the corner. Looks like thats the reason there guy was unmarked for the volley.

chef1 4th May 2019 20.08:00

we have stayed down this year due to Januarys fiasco and that blame lies in the boardroom.

percy vere 4th May 2019 20.25:16

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2254695]I wasn’t on about the Halifax game I was on about thursday, he shown more in last 35 minutes Thursday than your mate Rutherford has since he’s been here. Rutherford is finished at the club and as I said I am not Grant’s biggest fan but he has got quality but it’s just how you can tease it out of him in the games and it’s clear to see Hughes isn’t up to it.[/QUOTE]

What a strange reply. I have been on red passion for nine years and I have posted once about Rutherford and that’s in a thread about pride and passion which if nothing else he certainly has, and now he’s my mate yet you waffle on about grants qualities. If rutherfords my mate what relation is grant to you ?

Percy Sugden 4th May 2019 21.00:01

This has been said over and over but Rutherford is a bottom half national league player at best. Not one of the top 7 would entertain signing him in my opinion, and he’s likely to end up at Chester or Southport - which is probably his level.

Connolly 4th May 2019 21.21:35

[QUOTE=pagl;2254872]The mistakes were made by the football board. They’re all fans as far as I am aware. In reality we were quite a way from promotion. We hung on in for a play off spot but prior to that blew a 2/3rd place finish. As predicted a lack of goals cost us as did the struggle to beat better teams. The season will be remembered for the 5-1 boxing day game.

A play off win was more hope than reality and I think we need a core of 8 players max that are retained. The likes of Grant, Holroyd and Summerfield can all go because if we cant do better I would be surprised.[/QUOTE]

We won four of our last 5 games and were 17 points better than the team in 8th, really hanging on to a play off spot :freak:

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.38:33.