Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd May 2019, 23.06:17   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Holroyd being given mom is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Absolutely dire.
Baffling, huffed and puffed all night and did very little.
Old 3rd May 2019, 05.08:10   #32-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

All Hughes needed was a brolly to turn fully into Steve McClaren
Old 3rd May 2019, 07.03:00   #33-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Disagree with OP. They all gave 100% but we lack ability, pace and quality throughout the team.

BH did himself no favours by selecting Roberts ahead of Carrington, and played an unfit Summerfield, who clearly hadn’t recovered from his calf injury.

We were unlucky to lose last night, but that does not mask our weaknesses.

I am not convinced we have either the budget or management to compete effectively next season. Will BH have the balls to release most of the squad and the ability to attract better and get them playing successful and entertaining football? I do not know; but I do know my patience is running out with all the faux bollocks emanating from the Board. Have they collectively cocked-up on the footballing side since they took over? or is the task simply beyond us because we lack the resources to fund a team good enough to be promoted?

Again I do not know. But BH and the Board are now under the spotlight and must deliver now, not in another 2 or 3 seasons.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 3rd May 2019, 07.12:44   #34-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
But BH and the Board are now under the spotlight and must deliver now, not in another 2 or 3 seasons.
His chance has come and gone. Another poor selection and the usual ineffective subs. We should have grasped the moment.

Why the media talk about Walker, was he fit or not?
Why Roberts before Carra and why oh why Grant.

Absolutely piss poor and someone lacking the mental strength to make big decisions. Usual half arsed tactics first half and then cue the miss and miss team.
Old 3rd May 2019, 07.12:45   #35-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Holroyd MoM??? Holroyd was dire.
Was thinking during the second half there are some lads in the squad who are regular scapegoats but none were as absent as he was last night.
Old 3rd May 2019, 07.14:41   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
EnglishRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Rutherford played well? Not a chance, I am sick of it now he ran around in circles and gave it away at every opportunity in decent positions he was awful.
We all know you hate Rutherford.

I thought as a team we looked better when he came on. He gave the team a bit of shape and provided a link between midfield and the forwards that had been missing in the first half. His shooting is still dire but he was one of the better performers I thought. Opinions eh.

No idea how Holroyd got Motm. Oswell, Beavon and Grant would have been my starting choice. Carrington should have played instead of Roberts too, he doesn't get forward enough or with any quality.
Old 3rd May 2019, 07.19:36   #37-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
We all know you hate Rutherford.

I thought as a team we looked better when he came on. He gave the team a bit of shape and provided a link between midfield and the forwards that had been missing in the first half. His shooting is still dire but he was one of the better performers I thought. Opinions eh.

No idea how Holroyd got Motm. Oswell, Beavon and Grant would have been my starting choice. Carrington should have played instead of Roberts too, he doesn't get forward enough or with any quality.
We were better with Rutherford than with an unfit Summerfield. I like Rutherford’s professionalism but, ultimately, he is not good enough for what we need, albeit he is better than many others.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 3rd May 2019, 07.20:36   #38-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddy Dragon View Post
Holroyd MoM??? Holroyd was dire.
Was thinking during the second half there are some lads in the squad who are regular scapegoats but none were as absent as he was last night.
Holroyd is weak, slow and ineffective. Another who must be released if we are to progress.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 3rd May 2019, 07.23:25   #39-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
His chance has come and gone. Another poor selection and the usual ineffective subs. We should have grasped the moment.

Why the media talk about Walker, was he fit or not?
Why Roberts before Carra and why oh why Grant.

Absolutely piss poor and someone lacking the mental strength to make big decisions. Usual half arsed tactics first half and then cue the miss and miss team.
He lost a lot of credibility last night. Not convinced he is the right man for the job. Or is it simply beyond us?
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 3rd May 2019, 07.23:37   #40-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
We were better with Rutherford than with an unfit Summerfield. I like Rutherford’s professionalism but, ultimately, he is not good enough for what we need, albeit he is better than many others.
He runs around a lot and is neat and tidy on the ball. Sadly like many of the other members of the squad he lacks the real quality required to create chances and score goals.

Realistically we need our wide forwards scoring 10+ goals and a central striker scoring 20 to be really challenging the likes of Salford.

The effort was all there to see last night. Sadly the quality in midfield and upfront once again wasn’t there....
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.24:28.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12