RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   No bottle or passion! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113873-no-bottle-passion.html)

Quay Red 4th May 2019 12.21:32

Re: No bottle or passion!

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2254658]He hit the target more the other night than Rutherford has in 3 seasons, I am not a massive fan of Grant myself but the last 35 minutes he played he was the most dangerous player on the pitch and showed glimpses of why he had played so many league games.[/QUOTE]

Must admit. He played better after Oswell came on and he sat behind the front men. Showed glimpses of a decent player.
His crosses are better than most as his control and passing.
He does look lazy and disinterested at times and is being played out of position when starting.

As for Rutherford. We actually got the ball moving in the right direction through midfield when he replaced Summerfield. He hasn't got great ability but has boundless energy. Sadly that's not ultimately enough for a successful team.

hello 4th May 2019 13.09:06

12 seasons hahahahahaha

Red Dragon Froomie 4th May 2019 13.17:31

[QUOTE=hello;2254769]12 seasons hahahahahaha[/QUOTE]

Haha init. We'll be here until we're all dead

John Neals Dynasty 4th May 2019 13.25:12

[QUOTE=reddai;2254630]We have been a non league club for quite a few years now and we should not expect success purely because we're a big fish in a small pond. Hughes is correct when he says that the expectation of supporters is too high as we can't compete with big money clubs, so all we can afford are journeymen who are average for this league. if we do uncover any gems like Moult we can't hang on to them. Non league for a long time I'm afraid.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much right but as regards non league for a long time it's already been a long time and the good past is well behind us kids supporting the club some weren't old enough to remember us as a league club.

We are at our rightful position under fan ownership it's limitation is so obvious even Stevie Wonder would see it.

The game at all levels now isn't about history it's about money because of the Premier league and TV they have killed the smaller clubs.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

cardiffred 4th May 2019 14.12:06

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2253999]He runs around a lot and is neat and tidy on the ball. Sadly like many of the other members of the squad he lacks the real quality required to create chances and score goals.

[B]Realistically we need our wide forwards scoring 10+ goals and a central striker scoring 20 to be really challenging the likes of Salford. [/B]

The effort was all there to see last night. Sadly the quality in midfield and upfront once again wasn’t there....[/QUOTE]

I may have missed something in the disappointment of Thursday but didn't we finish like a point behind Salford...

There's no doubt we need to get a lot better going forward, however, the dogma that this season was a disaster is nonsense. For a team that's so crap according to some on here, 84 points is some achievement. In fact, it's our 2nd highest points total since we've been down here and but for some terrible refereeing this team would be playing Salford tomorrow.

robiethered 4th May 2019 14.29:45

I listened to the match against Eastleigh and for me we lost due to the shocking Ref. I'am not a fan of Kev. Ratcliffe as he always puts the kiss of death on a game when he is on Radio Sport Wales. Our goal should have stood and some of the refs decisions seemed he was refereeing a rugby match. Plus we hit the bar twice, lady luck was not on our side at all.

Vorporix 4th May 2019 14.53:18

[QUOTE=hello;2254769]12 seasons hahahahahaha[/QUOTE]

Could be worse mate - I feel sorry for those Jesters along the road - languishing in a league below with little hope of getting out of it - shrinking fan base which already piss-poor - and having to watch footy next to a sewage farm.

Thanks heavens for small mercies eh!

:)

t1954 4th May 2019 15.05:45

[QUOTE=robiethered;2254790]I listened to the match against Eastleigh and for me we lost due to the shocking Ref. I'am not a fan of Kev. Ratcliffe as he always puts the kiss of death on a game when he is on Radio Sport Wales. Our goal should have stood and some of the refs decisions seemed he was refereeing a rugby match. Plus we hit the bar twice, lady luck was not on our side at all.[/QUOTE]

It was not, but been down here for 12 seasons, is not down to bad luck, need to look a little deeper.

cardiffred 4th May 2019 16.07:43

[QUOTE=t1954;2254798]It was not, but been down here for 12 seasons, is not down to bad luck, need to look a little deeper.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely we do... but let's not chuck out the baby with the bathwater.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.31:38.