Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th May 2019, 16.08:30   #73-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Absolutely we do... but let's not chuck out the baby with the bathwater.
What baby is this then? The 'not good enough to go up' baby??
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th May 2019, 16.26:16   #74-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Default Re: No bottle or passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
What baby is this then? The 'not good enough to go up' baby??
Posted via mobile theme
The blind insistence that fan ownership is fundamentally flawed. We haven't stayed down this season because of fan ownership. Mistakes are made both by fan owners and non-fan owners...

As for we weren't good enough to go up... clearly not. However 46 games shows we weren't too far away.
Old 4th May 2019, 17.44:01   #75-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
The blind insistence that fan ownership is fundamentally flawed. We haven't stayed down this season because of fan ownership. Mistakes are made both by fan owners and non-fan owners...

As for we weren't good enough to go up... clearly not. However 46 games shows we weren't too far away.
The mistakes were made by the football board. They’re all fans as far as I am aware. In reality we were quite a way from promotion. We hung on in for a play off spot but prior to that blew a 2/3rd place finish. As predicted a lack of goals cost us as did the struggle to beat better teams. The season will be remembered for the 5-1 boxing day game.

A play off win was more hope than reality and I think we need a core of 8 players max that are retained. The likes of Grant, Holroyd and Summerfield can all go because if we cant do better I would be surprised.
Old 4th May 2019, 18.21:00   #76-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Just watched the match highlights on Youtube..

For there goal why did Rutherford plonk himself near the corner taker when there was no second Eastleigh player there for the corner. Looks like thats the reason there guy was unmarked for the volley.
Old 4th May 2019, 20.08:00   #77-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

we have stayed down this year due to Januarys fiasco and that blame lies in the boardroom.
Old 4th May 2019, 20.25:16   #78-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
I wasn’t on about the Halifax game I was on about thursday, he shown more in last 35 minutes Thursday than your mate Rutherford has since he’s been here. Rutherford is finished at the club and as I said I am not Grant’s biggest fan but he has got quality but it’s just how you can tease it out of him in the games and it’s clear to see Hughes isn’t up to it.
What a strange reply. I have been on red passion for nine years and I have posted once about Rutherford and that’s in a thread about pride and passion which if nothing else he certainly has, and now he’s my mate yet you waffle on about grants qualities. If rutherfords my mate what relation is grant to you ?
Old 4th May 2019, 21.00:01   #79-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

This has been said over and over but Rutherford is a bottom half national league player at best. Not one of the top 7 would entertain signing him in my opinion, and he’s likely to end up at Chester or Southport - which is probably his level.
Old 4th May 2019, 21.21:35   #80-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
The mistakes were made by the football board. They’re all fans as far as I am aware. In reality we were quite a way from promotion. We hung on in for a play off spot but prior to that blew a 2/3rd place finish. As predicted a lack of goals cost us as did the struggle to beat better teams. The season will be remembered for the 5-1 boxing day game.

A play off win was more hope than reality and I think we need a core of 8 players max that are retained. The likes of Grant, Holroyd and Summerfield can all go because if we cant do better I would be surprised.
We won four of our last 5 games and were 17 points better than the team in 8th, really hanging on to a play off spot
Old 4th May 2019, 21.41:27   #81-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly View Post
We won four of our last 5 games and were 17 points better than the team in 8th, really hanging on to a play off spot
Indeed
This has been a nearly successful season
We have been in contention all season
Yes it was there for the taking
Yes our top scorer may only have had6 or so

Accepting we are all hurting big time after Thursday but we were not far off , even with all the cr&p that’s happened 3 managers poor goals for- we were only a 2-1 win over Orient from being champions.
Yes there are lots of what ifs
But there may not be a need for wholesale changes cos we are not far off a top team.
This may not be ppopular with folks who want to blame person a b c or d and the ownership model or the management or board , that’s fine we are all entitled to our differing opinions. I’ll be back with a season ticket next season and enjoy a few away trips.
A big thanks to WFC players and staff volunteers & WST and football board for all the efforts you’ve put in, I know you’re probably hurting as we are.
Enjoy the summer.

Last edited by wrexhamrob; 4th May 2019 at 21.42:31..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.53:04.