RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is it or isn’t it....? The alleged foul on their keeper... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113877-isn%92t-alleged-foul-their-keeper.html)

techender 3rd May 2019 07.49:20

Re: Is it or isn’t it....? The alleged foul on their keeper...

I thought the referee did very well considering that was the first time he had ever officiated at a game. Lets be honest, someone who had done it before would not of made the number of mistakes he did.

But, hey, its the national league, what do you expect?

I particularly liked the way in which he allowed Johnson, their number 5, to manhandle our players all evening like an all in wrestler, and the love he showed for their goalkeeper would of brought a tear to a glass eye.

Good luck on Sunday Eastleigh. Your going to need it. Unless of course you are able to secure the services of Mr. Woods again.

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 07.54:46

[QUOTE=techender;2254012]I thought the referee did very well considering that was the first time he had ever officiated at a game. Lets be honest, someone who had done it before would not of made the number of mistakes he did.

But, hey, its the national league, what do you expect?

I particularly liked the way in which he allowed Johnson, their number 5, to manhandle our players all evening like an all in wrestler, and the love he showed for their goalkeeper would of brought a tear to a glass eye.

Good luck on Sunday Eastleigh. Your going to need it. Unless of course you are able to secure the services of Mr. Woods again.[/QUOTE]

Blaming the ref is just nonsense.
It wasn't the refs fault Beavon hit that chance straight at the keeper or when McGlashan got through and did the same.

That game last night sums up our season perfectly, dreadful football and utterly toothless.

techender 3rd May 2019 08.08:33

I didn't blame the referee for the defeat, but I do think he contributed to it with a very poor personal performance.

He disallowed a perfectly good goal (and despite what some say on here, the TV pundits also felt it should of stood). He also ignored blatant foul play throughout the game, including Johnsons foul on Pearson when he bottled giving the penalty and instead told us to re-take the corner.

Yes we could, and should, have done better (not just last night, but for most of the season).

But my point was, the referee was there to do a job, and last night he failed to do it properly.

billy 3rd May 2019 08.19:03

the ball hit him in the face !!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.58:39.