RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is it or isn’t it....? The alleged foul on their keeper... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113877-isn%92t-alleged-foul-their-keeper.html)

WrexSi 2nd May 2019 22.01:34

Is it or isn’t it....? The alleged foul on their keeper...

[url]https://twitter.com/RobinsJac/status/1124052321162473473?s=20[/url]

For me, No Foul.

We’ve been robbed by an inept referee and a cheating, time wasting Eastleigh.

Rob 2nd May 2019 22.13:20

Re: Is it or isn’t it....? The alleged foul on their keeper...

Papers over the cracks of sadly another dire game.

They were terrible but we did not do enough.

Redted 2nd May 2019 22.16:47

Goal, no foul

Alan Attack 2nd May 2019 22.17:23

Could’ve gone either way

dagg 2nd May 2019 22.17:30

That was a good goal, the referee was crap all night.

NottsRed 2nd May 2019 22.18:24

There’s contact on the keeper and the ref will always go in the keepers favour.

Iesty 2nd May 2019 22.20:46

I hate the refereeing in this league

willyheckerslike 2nd May 2019 22.21:23

I think we are cursed....2 off the line, perfectly good goal wrongly disallowed, 2 off the bar.....and they score a screamer which would normally be in the kop!

Red Light 2nd May 2019 22.21:30

No foul - goal should have been allowed.

Extremely unlucky to have lost but at least it was to what was probably the best goal seen at the Racecourse this season.

Ultimately our inability to find a goal scorer who can hit the back of the net with some regularity has cost us over the season - top scorer is Pearson with a meagre 6 goals - says it all.

Bushfield Stand 2nd May 2019 22.23:00

No foul, goalkeeper milked it, played the situation well and the ref fell for it.

Be didn't even blow for a foul until the ball went in the net, surely if he thought it was a foul he's blows immediately 😟

WxmWynno 2nd May 2019 22.23:28

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2253806]I think we are cursed....2 off the line, perfectly good goal wrongly disallowed, 2 off the bar.....and they score a screamer which would normally be in the kop![/QUOTE]

I think you’re right pal... we had so many chances to win it.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

blackbrookred 2nd May 2019 22.24:39

No foul, never in a million years, absolute shite from the ref. However he didn't give, games over.

Phils-an-alki 2nd May 2019 22.25:10

I'd say no foul from that however 9/10 they are given in favour of the keeper. Lets not let this paper over the real issues here, that team couldn't finish their dinner. We had it coming.

Blazes 2nd May 2019 22.30:36

Referee unable to see (or refused to see) that the gkeeper was wasting time ALL night.

But we need a midfield general who will stop the aimless hoofing of the ball into the middle of a bunch of giant defenders (which seems to be the case - giantism - with most of the teams in this sickly league.)

stevie focks 2nd May 2019 22.32:22

It was never a penalty.I thought the ref was shite.

Funny_Old_Game 2nd May 2019 22.33:01

Pearson’s made contact with his head to put him off. Will always get given as a foul that.

Keeper was time wasting all night and ref didn’t have a single word. He was another ref determined to show how big and strong he was not to bow to home pressure.

dagg 2nd May 2019 22.49:37

I hope that the referee recorded the match, and realised how crap he was.

TeddyBear 2nd May 2019 22.49:58

Apologies in advance for not knowing the rules or being thick - and also , it may not have changed the outcome tonight but surely there’s something to be said for officials from a higher tier being used for one off play-off games with so much at stake ? It’s not like a season where bad decisions ‘even themselves out ‘. Sure someone will tell me why this is not a possibility (or that that the ref actually was from higher level) but the stakes re promotion are so high....

Parry52 2nd May 2019 22.58:15

So the referee was fine with players wrestling on corners but Pearson hand touches the keepers hair and it’s a foul? Not sour grapes, I accepted a long time ago we didn’t have the quality to win 3 games against top 7 opposition, but that is shambolic refereeing.

WREX01 2nd May 2019 23.02:07

Never a fliping foul ! But we would never have gone up so mehhh

wazzock 3rd May 2019 05.17:08

January. That's what cost us. All a win last night would have brought was a stuffing at Salford.

krux 3rd May 2019 05.58:48

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2253800]There’s contact on the keeper and the ref will always go in the keepers favour.[/QUOTE]

This.

krux 3rd May 2019 06.02:37

[QUOTE=dagg;2253838]I hope that the referee recorded the match, and realised how crap he was.[/QUOTE]

Apart from this, what other incidents did hw get wrong?

willyheckerslike 3rd May 2019 06.07:26

[QUOTE=krux;2253933]This.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

There is no contact on the keeper.....ref got this decision wrong big time.

willyheckerslike 3rd May 2019 06.09:06

[QUOTE=krux;2253934]Apart from this, what other incidents did hw get wrong?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

He failed all evening to deal with their time wasting especially the gk....an early yellow would have dealt with that.

Funny_Old_Game 3rd May 2019 06.18:50

[QUOTE=wazzock;2253928]January. That's what cost us. All a win last night would have brought was a stuffing at Salford.[/QUOTE]

Yep. We knew we weren’t good enough to win these playoffs but I think most expected us to at least have won last night.

redone 3rd May 2019 06.21:57

no foul, they were there for the taking,they were old and no energy .we wernt much better but that quality for a play off game was total shite,if we cant get up for a game like that its time to fk off,shocking

techender 3rd May 2019 07.49:20

I thought the referee did very well considering that was the first time he had ever officiated at a game. Lets be honest, someone who had done it before would not of made the number of mistakes he did.

But, hey, its the national league, what do you expect?

I particularly liked the way in which he allowed Johnson, their number 5, to manhandle our players all evening like an all in wrestler, and the love he showed for their goalkeeper would of brought a tear to a glass eye.

Good luck on Sunday Eastleigh. Your going to need it. Unless of course you are able to secure the services of Mr. Woods again.

Phils-an-alki 3rd May 2019 07.54:46

[QUOTE=techender;2254012]I thought the referee did very well considering that was the first time he had ever officiated at a game. Lets be honest, someone who had done it before would not of made the number of mistakes he did.

But, hey, its the national league, what do you expect?

I particularly liked the way in which he allowed Johnson, their number 5, to manhandle our players all evening like an all in wrestler, and the love he showed for their goalkeeper would of brought a tear to a glass eye.

Good luck on Sunday Eastleigh. Your going to need it. Unless of course you are able to secure the services of Mr. Woods again.[/QUOTE]

Blaming the ref is just nonsense.
It wasn't the refs fault Beavon hit that chance straight at the keeper or when McGlashan got through and did the same.

That game last night sums up our season perfectly, dreadful football and utterly toothless.

techender 3rd May 2019 08.08:33

I didn't blame the referee for the defeat, but I do think he contributed to it with a very poor personal performance.

He disallowed a perfectly good goal (and despite what some say on here, the TV pundits also felt it should of stood). He also ignored blatant foul play throughout the game, including Johnsons foul on Pearson when he bottled giving the penalty and instead told us to re-take the corner.

Yes we could, and should, have done better (not just last night, but for most of the season).

But my point was, the referee was there to do a job, and last night he failed to do it properly.

billy 3rd May 2019 08.19:03

the ball hit him in the face !!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.05:13.