RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Fourth biggest club in conference next season (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113880-fourth-biggest-club-conference-next-season.html)

ozzy red 2nd May 2019 23.30:21

Fourth biggest club in conference next season

So another season as a "big fish" in a small pond beckons.

However, there are likely to be three bigger fishes than us:

Notts County, Chesterfield and Stockport all have a higher average attendances than Wrexham since year 2000.

That leaves us fourth in the pecking order, so we need to punch above our weight to gain promotion if support is used as a criteria.

Reality would suggest that we are not too big a club for the Conference.

And the argument that our attendances may be lower due to being in the conference does not hold, attendances have actually risen since being in conference over period analysed.

138+NotOut 2nd May 2019 23.34:40

Re: Fourth biggest club in conference next season

Correct. Doesn't stop people laughing at other clubs gates. We really are a pathetic fanbase. So obsessed with history and prestige. Liverpool of non league

standman 2nd May 2019 23.39:57

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2253889]Correct. Doesn't stop people laughing at other clubs gates. We really are a pathetic fanbase. So obsessed with history and prestige. Liverpool of non league[/QUOTE]

Those running the show think they are successful, but just breaking even is not a success it’s just surviving. Growing the club by winning promotion which in return would bring greater rewards.

#timeforbigchanges

LlayDragon 2nd May 2019 23.50:07

Being a 'big' club at this level counts for the square route of FA on the pitch, as we all know.

We have to be better with our money, which means having a very good manager.

We don't have one of those, and I don't think one would look at us if our part-time coach/'director of football' remains.

John Neals Dynasty 2nd May 2019 23.50:59

[QUOTE=ozzy red;2253884]So another season as a "big fish" in a small pond beckons.

Notts County, Chesterfield and Stockport all have a higher average attendances than Wrexham since year 2000.

That leaves us fourth in the pecking order, so we need to punch above our weight to gain promotion if support is used as a criteria.

And the argument that our attendances may be lower due to being in the conference does not hold, attendances have actually risen since being in conference over period analysed.[/QUOTE]

Notts County aren't down yet, if they win Saturday and Macclesfield don't win then Macclesfield are down
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Outertowner 2nd May 2019 23.54:52

[QUOTE=ozzy red;2253884]So another season as a "big fish" in a small pond beckons.

And the argument that our attendances may be lower due to being in the conference does not hold, attendances have actually risen since being in conference over period analysed.[/QUOTE]

Bring it on I say, I want more big clubs down here because if we’re not going to get to league 2 then league 2 can come to us.

Nibs 3rd May 2019 01.44:39

If Wrexham were a footballer we would be Stuart Bevon. Says it all.

Mr Wonderful 3rd May 2019 01.52:21

Head hunt a quality proven manager at the lower league level. And of course it’s all relative, we’re not looking for a Bob Paisley of non league but a Neil Warnock type.
Let him have his clear out & be prepared to give him two full seasons to achieve the holy grail.
The fans will always get behind the team financially, & a wise old head could pick a team to rid us of this albatross around our neck I’m sure of it.
I’m no footballing guru but what I say can’t be far off the mark.

ozzy red 3rd May 2019 02.03:43

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2253895]Notts County aren't down yet, if they win Saturday and Macclesfield don't win then Macclesfield are down
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I did say "likely" in my post
Didn't want to appear too much of a stats nerd!
Based on fact Macclesfield are at home and Notts Co away ...I'll stick with the technical term of "likely"

Cheers

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.46:53.